Best ebike on the market if money is no issue?

Check out the new super bike Watt Wagon is building. He's offering it at a discount to founders group, but will need to wait about 6-8 months for the bike to be delivered. We're finalizing design. All top notch components. Read the pages of thread and decide on your own. If you decide to opt in, message @pushkar for invite to the private forum.

Specs can be good but I think wattwagon looks so ugly like a converted e-bike. and isn't fork assembled in wrong direction ?

That's the Manitou Mastodon fork which has a reinforced reverse arch:

Love the Travalanche... a super EMTB. ;)

1585628826327.png

Whilst I support the R and M views. I think that the aesthetics of ‘looking like a bike’ are, for me, a priority. The BMC Alpenchallenge is a thing of beauty. It also racks up pretty well should that be a requirement.

I’m on my collection of the E-bikes is a café Moto go by electra

Can you elaborate on your experience riding the Cafe Moto? I can’t find a Cort review; others are mixed on speed and going up hills. Paved rolling hills are a necessity where I live and I’m hesitant about putting out $4500 unless I’m reasonably sure to get up and over. Just getting back into bike riding because eBikes exist.

Can you elaborate on your experience riding the Cafe Moto? I can’t find a Cort review; others are mixed on speed and going up hills. Paved rolling hills are a necessity where I live and I’m hesitant about putting out $4500 unless I’m reasonably sure to get up and over. Just getting back into bike riding because eBikes exist.

I have had two Electra Cafe Moto Go’s and each one had to have the Enviolo variable Hub setup to Overdrive to achieve 28 mph. Without that setup as fast as my feet could spin 26 was top end! This is a Bosch Mid drive motor that probably delivers well above 450 watts max. Being a mid drive it out performs Hub drives because of the gearing provided by the Gears or Transmission.
Be assured this bike can handle hills!

Last edited:
Nice stable of 5 bikes... did you standardize on Bosch for battery interchangeability?

I think Bosch electric bike system is very good, reliable and will be available for at least 10 years in the future making it a very safe choice. Once I started with bosch only, the plus is the batteries work on most of my bosch bikes!

No range anxieties for me!

I have had two Electra Cafe Moto Go’s and each one had to have the Enviolo variable Hub setup to Overdrive to achieve 28 mph. Without that setup as fast as my feet could spin 26 was top end! This is a Bosch Mid drive motor that probably delivers well above 450 watts max. Being a mid drive it out performs Hub drives because of the gearing provided by the Gears or Transmission.
Be assured this bike can handle hills!

Thank you for the reassurance! I’ve also discovered the shared video on adjusting the lines on the hub if need be. Is that to what you refer on “setup to Overdrive”?

Thank you for the reassurance! I’ve also discovered the shared video on adjusting the lines on the hub if need be. Is that to what you refer on “setup to Overdrive”?

Actually I don’t know what the bike shop did but I’d be interested in seeing that video

Check out the new super bike Watt Wagon is building. He's offering it at a discount to founders group, but will need to wait about 6-8 months for the bike to be delivered. We're finalizing design. All top notch components. Read the pages of thread and decide on your own. If you decide to opt in, message @pushkar for invite to the private forum.

The fact they have a private forum tells me all I want to know about the company...........talk about bike snobs.

It's like BMW motorcycle owners used to say, the worst thing about owning one was having to talk with the other owners......boring.

And besides, I made the mistake of buying a Watt Wagon and have no interest in buying another one.

Specs can be good but I think wattwagon looks so ugly like a converted e-bike. and isn't fork assembled in wrong direction ?

I thought they looked okay when they came out but they look pretty dated now. I like the Bike Bling but not a fan of Bosch

Yes, this looks to be what had to be reset on my Electra Cafe Moto Go. Lucky me, as I insisted this enviolo hub should reach 28 mph easily, I have my very favorite bike working like a “reese and Muller” gates drive bike should. It is a shame Electra's limited production Cafe Moto Go was not delivered optimized.
You all must realize setting this to overdrive means loss of manual pedaling low gearing. Not an issue at all with such a powerful mid motor ebike.

Yes, this looks to be what had to be reset on my Electra Cafe Moto Go. Lucky me, as I insisted this enviolo hub should reach 28 mph easily, I have my very favorite bike working like a “reese and Muller” gates drive bike should. It is a shame Electra's limited production Cafe Moto Go was not delivered optimized.
You all must realize setting this to overdrive means loss of manual pedaling low gearing. Not an issue at all with such a powerful mid motor ebike.
very interesting, encouraging...and nice to know I’m not the only one prodding the somewhat-local professional bike-store guys to show this technology more love.

Hands down WattWagon, Travelanche, and CrossTour.

View attachment 48688

View attachment 48689
Im with Thomas on these. Without a doubt the Cross Tour is the bike for someone who really uses a bike as transportation, imho. I don't consider price as much a gage as I do value.

Can you please clarify “means loss of manual pedaling low gearing“? Do you mean when pedaling without assist? Or?

Back