Best ebike on the market if money is no issue?

Can you please clarify “means loss of manual pedaling low gearing“? Do you mean when pedaling without assist? Or?

What I mean is that when the unit is put in overdrive the lowest gear is not as low as it was before when it was not in overdrive. Overdrive simply shifts the range of gears, it would be like going from a 42 tooth front sprocket to say a 52 tooth one. So if I was paddling without any power going up the big hill I would rather have a 42 tooth front sprocket then a 52 tooth one. But that means you will not have as much top end at a given speed and your cadence will be much higher as well. So in order to achieve 28 miles an hour you have to go with the overdrive or in my example the 52 tooth front sprocket. I hope this story clears up what I meant to say.

What I mean is that when the unit is put in overdrive the lowest gear is not as low as it was before when it was not in overdrive. Overdrive simply shifts the range of gears, it would be like going from a 42 tooth front sprocket to say a 52 tooth one. So if I was paddling without any power going up the big hill I would rather have a 42 tooth front sprocket then a 52 tooth one. But that means you will not have as much top end at a given speed and your cadence will be much higher as well. So in order to achieve 28 miles an hour you have to go with the overdrive or in my example the 52 tooth front sprocket. I hope this story clears up what I meant to say.

I think so. Adjusting to overdrive means giving up the manual pedaling low-gearing, not a problem if you always plan to be in an assist mode anyway. A very strong cyclist told me he zipped up his city’s biggest hill by shifting modes to turbo on Cafe Moto, no thought to gears; he thinks strictly in terms of constant/consistent RPMs, not gears, when he rides.

I think so. Adjusting to overdrive means giving up the manual pedaling low-gearing, not a problem if you always plan to be in an assist mode anyway. A very strong cyclist told me he zipped up his city’s biggest hill by shifting modes to turbo on Cafe Moto, no thought to gears; he thinks strictly in terms of constant/consistent RPMs, not gears, when he rides.
This is spot on! I just wish this model had the bosh 4 series motor and then could possibly be updated to 85 Newton meters of power (force)

This is spot on! I just wish this model had the bosh 4 series motor and then could possibly be updated to 85 Newton meters of power (force)
I am very happy with my Moto, it came optimized for 28mph tho I’ve gotten to only 22mph due to a constant reappearance of joggers at the most inconvenient times. my only complaint is a grinding gravel noise developing with rear braking witHin 20 minutes. looking shows rear rotor slightly out of alignment; adjust calipers, go, grind, repeat. that really should have a final cure LBS-diagnosed at some point, but so far not.

Just in case you didn’t know my first Moto Go was replaced because of a very bad brake sound from the rear wheel. It turned out that the Enviolo Hub was out of alignment, internally and would have had to be replaced. Since I bought the bike from a reputable company, they talked Elecrtra into giving me an entirely new bike. The rear brake is not as silent as my Trek shamano brakes are, but no where as bad as the first Moto Go bike was.

Just in case you didn’t know my first Moto Go was replaced because of a very bad brake sound from the rear wheel. It turned out that the Enviolo Hub was out of alignment, internally and would have had to be replaced. Since I bought the bike from a reputable company, they talked Elecrtra into giving me an entirely new bike. The rear brake is not as silent as my Trek shamano brakes are, but no where as bad as the first Moto Go bike was.
I thot I recalled you had a hub issue/prior bike. Thank you for further explanation—I’ll take up with my Trek dealer.

I am having a similar problem, get back to me if you can. I may have gotten your old bike. Rick

Back