Belt drive class 3 bikes

i think i want a mid-drive, gates belt w/ IGH, integrated lights, front shock, good hydraulic brakes, at least decent battery, removable display, strong reliability record, fenders. Prefer a typical mid-step/diamond frame but would be open to a step through. racks a big plus. are the shift sensor/inhibitors a worthwhile addition for IGH?

i found myself deep deep deep in the rabbit hole of ebikes last night and am wondering if i'm just making the decision too complicated because there are several good choices.

Fuell
Bulls Lacuba
FLX Blade 2
Wattwagon
Evelo
Pedego

The more I look at different configurations for ebikes the more I keep coming back to this feature set and list. Would be very iintersted in what you eventually go with and why, @jjoyce

MORE feedback from anyone?

Last edited:
The more I look at different configurations for ebikes the more I keep coming back to this feature set and list. Would be very iintersted in what you eventually go with and why, @jjoyce

MORE feedback from anyone?

FLX was going to try to track down someone near where i live with a Blade 1.0 but no luck. i used their website to try to connect with local riders of other models but also have not heard back...
Fuell wrote back right away about trying to arrange a test ride but that was about a week ago and no news since then...i went to their facebook group and saw lots of posts and some about early model problems (e.g. dashboard charging) that made me a little concerned because otherwise i would have said this is about what i was looking for...

Evelo/Pedego = only Class 1
Wattwagon = still $6800
R&M = >$6k for nuvinci or rohloff IGH (even with the Nevo)

maybe i'm hunting a unicorn

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
thanks for the links - the 2nd one looks a little more appealing, though i have some trepidation about a $3k ebay purchase

FLX was going to try to track down someone near where i live with a Blade 1.0 but no luck. i used their website to try to connect with local riders of other models but also have not heard back...
Fuell wrote back right away about trying to arrange a test ride but that was about a week ago and no news since then...i went to their facebook group and saw lots of posts and some about early model problems (e.g. dashboard charging) that made me a little concerned because otherwise i would have said this is about what i was looking for...

Wattwagon = still $6800

thanks for the links - the 2nd one looks a little more appealing, though i have some trepidation about a $3k ebay purchase
The Evelo Aurora Ltd. has a throttle so Class 2. It looks like a very nice bike, especially with that fully automatic CVT Transmission. BTW...The website says that the maximum speed is 20 miles per hour but it can be Increased to 25 mph Maximum in Off-road Mode.

Wattwagon = still $6800

I bought my Delight mountain on ebay and had no issues. Ebay really stands behind their buyers. Besides the seller has over 200,000 sales on ebay with a 99.7 feedback rating.

Note that bike has a large frame.

New that bike is $6200 https://www.r-m.de/en-us/models/charger/charger-gt-vario-hs/#F00337_05010709

Don't know much about this one but saw Court's latest trip to 2020 bike show in Vancouver. He visited both where they had eprodigy magic pro with a belt drive. Looked interesting.

Don't know much about this one but saw Court's latest trip to 2020 bike show in Vancouver. He visited both where they had eprodigy magic pro with a belt drive. Looked interesting.

Is that new though? Here is a 2018 review of that bike. ??

The (Evelo) website says that the maximum speed is 20 miles per hour but it can be Increased to 25 mph Maximum in Off-road Mode.

Yes, while not quite Class 3 28 mph performance, it's closer to what the OP wants.

The new model Court looked at (https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...206DF5BA6C1939DB30D8206DF5BA6C1939D&FORM=VIRE) had added a suspension now and is 28 mph.

Just wanted to say that I ordered the new Magic Pro model yesterday from eProdigy.

I plan to contribute as much as possible in the eProdigy forum. But thanks for posting the video. I probably wouldn't have purchased it if you hadn't posted it. I passed on the older version because it didn't have a suspension.

Wattwagon = still $6800

TheProsCloset is a very reputable bike reseller in Boulder, Colorado.

Back