BBSHD watts dropping under load problem

djneils98

Region
United Kingdom
Had a BBS02 installed on my bike for a few weeks now but today got the chance to test out a BBSHD so swapped over.
It all works well except that when under full throttle the watts meter on the display (500c) drops from showing about 1200w to virtually nothing. The motor is still putting out power and the bike goes very fast still.
Also I would have expected the max watts to show about 1500w nor 1200w - it's a 52v battery and the BBSHD firmware is limited to 28 amps (that's how the 52v ones come)
Could the problem be the battery not being able to provide enough amps? it is this one I got from Eclipse and it says it is capable of 29amps continuous and 39 burst.

It appears that you have an EM3ev battery. If in fact, you do there should be a BlueTooth BMS.
You can reach out to EM3ev. Emails can be slow. AND China is on holiday for another week.
Do you have a smart phone? Android? iPhone?

Your source should provide support.

Attachments

• BMS Instructions em3ev.pdf
    263.3 KB · Views: 272
It appears that you have an EM3ev battery. If in fact, you do there should be a BlueTooth BMS.
You can reach out to EM3ev. Emails can be slow. AND China is on holiday for another week.

yes it has a bluetooth bms and I have an iPhone app that connects to it

I failed to ask how old the cell pack is? Was it sagging with the BBS02?
the pack is not very old - a couple of months if that. with the BBS02 it seemed to work fine - not sure what you mean by sagging - under load the voltage would drop a little but I thought that was normal?

these are the controller setting the BBSHD came with

image.png
image-1.png
image-2.png

do you think this is a battery issue then? even though the watts shown on the display drops at max throttle (PAS 9) the motor does not stop or drop in power - the bike hits 35mph

do you think this is a battery issue then? even though the watts shown on the display drops at max throttle (PAS 9) the motor does not stop or drop in power - the bike hits 35mph
Is it a BT BMS?

So, have you accessed the battery data on your phone?

Any issues show up when you access the app?
Your reseller ought to be supporting you.

There are a dozen or more .el files you can access online to parrot and make changes.
no issues at all on the battery app - no warnings or anything. I have the iOS app though, apparently the android one is better
I only tried this today - I have not asked the seller of the battery yet as wasn't sure it is the battery and it's the weekend - he's been very helpful with other things so can contact him on Monday.

A Google search, bafang .el files, will find them online.
I'm confused - are we talking about the battery or the controller?
I have changed a couple of parameters in the controller settings that were set to values the main programming guide didn't recommend https://electricbike-blog.com/2015/06/26/a-hackers-guide-to-programming-the-bbs02/
will see if that makes any difference in the morning with a freshly charged battery

I have tested again and the problem remains - I noticed that the freshly charged 52v battery drops from 58v to 50.4v under full throttle - could this be the issue?

Back