Aventon Aventure Charger!! This is Madness!!

I have good luck searching by image trying to find new to me connectors. Grin shows “another 3 pin”. It sounds like it came from a former supplier. It doesn’t seem correct either. I’ve also spent time on the large electrinics suppliers pages and found oddballs there. An exhausting project but I just don buy they had a custom connector made . Perhaps obscure but not custom.

Attachments

• 1648624348427.jpeg
    1648624348427.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 203
So Aventon has the Aventure charger in stock? Their parts page shows the Aventure charger is available, but the picture shows a charger with a barrel connector that I believe is for the Level. I sent an email 2-3 weeks ago asking for clarification before ordering but they haven't replied. I too have searched for the unusual connector but have not found that exact one. Yes, perhaps the connector isn't custom but obscure it seems to be!

We put together a video to help folks resolve issues presented in this thread. I think it is important to know what kind of connectors are available and what they can handle in terms of current and other capabilities.

The only thing I can think of that might be #10 would be an internal temp - and you can survive just fine without that. The KT controller has no use for it.

Actually the KT controller/display will show motor temperature if your motor has a temperature sensor.
It shows the environment temperature otherwise.

Screenshot_20230110-234057_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Been down this road, you'll have to trust me. The display is able to display a temp, but that doesn't mean there is any support for it to get a signal anywhere else in the system. From the wiring coming from the motor, to the circuits in the controller, there is NO motor temp support. But don't take my word for it, I'd love to be proven wrong....

Actually the KT controller/display will show motor temperature if your motor has a temperature sensor.
It shows the environment temperature otherwise.

View attachment 144411
Been down this road, you'll have to trust me. The display is able to display a temp, but that doesn't mean there is any support for it to get a signal anywhere else in the system. From the wiring coming from the motor, to the circuits in the controller, there is NO motor temp support. But don't take my word for it, I'd love to be proven wrong....go for it!

No, I don't want to install a temperature sensor and a 10 pin motor controller cable.

Screenshot_20230110-234057_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

And as you say I may need to find a kt controller that supports the function, to get the info from the motor to the display.

Perhaps the KT 35 amp controller has the support?

Last edited:
Last time -
3 hall sensors
Positive
Negative
SPEED SENSOR

Last time -
3 hall sensors
Positive
Negative
SPEED SENSOR

OK,..
I guess the over temperature protection is for the controller itself and not the motor?
But why would the display, that can only talk to a KT controller, have the functionality to read motor temperature if no KT controller supports a motor temperature sensor?

But why would the display, that can only talk to a KT controller, have the functionality to read motor temperature if no KT controller supports a motor temperature sensor?
I can't speak to KT directly but MANY of the APT-made Bafang displays have features in the on-screen menu that aren't actually available. I wouldn't be surprised if KT also has different firmware versions using the same display. Why APT and others do that is beyond my pay grade. ;) If the motor doesn't have a sensor there's no need for an active firmware version reading motor temp. LOTS of motors have no temp monitoring.

Last edited:
hello - i am in Australia and purchased an Aventure. as much as i love this bike i am really disappointed with the support options. i have tried for months to get a spare charger only to be told by the distributor they dont sell them, but might consider it in the future. how is this possible for a 3.5k bike??? what happens if my only charger becomes faulty?? so i am really nervous now that i feel i have no backup and will have an extremely large paper weight if something ever happens to the charger - or even the battery itself.

so i can see from this thread that a 3rd party plug is not really an option - but i was wondering if it was possible to instal another spare 48v battery (not original) in series and have this battery provide charge to the Aventure battery?

i am not an electrician but i have installed a dual battery system in my car that works just fine. i am wondering if a similar concept would work with this?

cheers.

hello - i am in Australia and purchased an Aventure. as much as i love this bike i am really disappointed with the support options. i have tried for months to get a spare charger only to be told by the distributor they dont sell them, but might consider it in the future. how is this possible for a 3.5k bike??? what happens if my only charger becomes faulty?? so i am really nervous now that i feel i have no backup and will have an extremely large paper weight if something ever happens to the charger - or even the battery itself.

so i can see from this thread that a 3rd party plug is not really an option - but i was wondering if it was possible to instal another spare 48v battery (not original) in series and have this battery provide charge to the Aventure battery?

i am not an electrician but i have installed a dual battery system in my car that works just fine. i am wondering if a similar concept would work with this?

cheers.
Not a good option. In series doubles the voltage. In parallel is fraught with issues. See the thread here on EBR discussing Meanwell power supplies as chargers. If @Stick369 is correct you just need to find the Higo connector he posted.

If anyone is still looking. The connector on the battery is HiGo. https://www.higoconnector.com/products/z311ag-p-00-fj-1000/tv99K#title If you can find the right charger, you should be able to splice on the connector and poof Bobs your uncle.

I’m interested in running down this charger connector. Would someone please post a confirmation picture?
Here's a link to the Higo Z311A product description webpage with specs. It may be of help:

I can't find anyone in the US who sells them though. Contacting Higo directly or A&C Solutions in Belgium is a possibility but it would most certainly involve a quantity purchase.

ugh. Contacting Higo directly or A&C Solutions in Belgium is a possibility
Yup, tried that years ago for some adapters to use the Grin programming cable with Higo. A fellow in DE was selling Higo adapters and connectors but $20 part and $20 shipping…

I’m gonna get with my old shop owner. He had a China source. I’ve been making some custom adapters but don’t make enough to buy more than a dozen at a time of some styles.

cheers.
Hey mate. Also in AU (Mel). Did you end up sorting this out? I've had to order a new AC Charger for my Adenture 2 from Aventon US and getting it shipped to a mate in Philadelphia. He will then on forward to me here. Expensive and time consuming but didn't see any other option. Looking forward to having a charged battery so I can get out and ride!

Back