Charging Connector for Aventure?

I just looked at their site, if this is your charger it's just a B Flat everyday charger and a common connector on a cheap charger... There is no communication wire. YZ Chargers are all over Amazon!

Pictures from your bike makers' web pages. Reviews offer sources too!

Screen Shot 2022-08-10 at 1.39.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-10 at 1.34.35 PM.png

I just looked at their site, if this is your charger it's just a B Flat everyday charger and a common connector on a cheap charger... There is no communication wire. YZ Chargers are all over Amazon!

Pictures from your bike makers' web pages. Reviews offer sources too!

View attachment 131768
View attachment 131767
that's not the charger for the Aventure bike. The Aventure bike doesn't use the standard barrel connector. It use the Higo 3pin connector
Info…

Battery breakdown video:
Removable Internal Lithium-ion 48V, 15Ah (720Wh)
XT60 charger connector to external connector
blk C-
red+
blu C- thru a res??
External Female connector on battery housing: https://www.higoconnector.com/products/z311am-c-03-fk-0300/wv99K#title

https://www.aventon.com/products/aventon-charger
48V 3 Amp Fast Charger, 4-5 Hour Charging
Male connector on charger: https://www.higoconnector.com/products/z311ag-p-00-fj-1000/tv99K#title

XT60 is two pin. Sorry i am confused. How about pictures of your charger and battery leads. I’m very familiar with higo.

That YouTube fellow is very confused. 1.2 volts?
You are correct sir. That's my mistake. The connector between battery and charging port is not an XT60. I was thinking about the connector between battery mount and motor controller(XT60).

The big blue one in the video is an EC3, the yellow looks to be a MR30-F. Without breaking down a battery I can't say for certain.

But I won't need to worry about it if I can identify the purpose of the blue wire. Theoretically it will have a lower voltage due to the resistor. But what is it for? Is there something in the charger that reads the voltage from that pin. And when it reads a certain value it shuts off the charger? If it does than any 54v charger with a higo spliced on would "charge" the battery. But would need to be monitored closely for over charge.

Dave111, in post #12, image 3118 is a good image of the connector on the charger cable. and I have a link in the previous post.

I noticed people were looking for an extra charger for the Aventure. If you look closely at the back of the included charger it had a website printed. This is the link to the site. You can type in the model number and find information about the charger. Although I don’t see a way to shop for the charger from the site, it might be worth a try to contact them and see if they are able to sell you one or if they know where to purchase one.

Attachments

• 8635850E-F8E4-43FC-A104-1C449185B860.png
    8635850E-F8E4-43FC-A104-1C449185B860.png
    325 KB · Views: 148
This is the pin-out for the Aventon Aventure battery charging port. The sense wire measured 2.44v; not sure how it is used.
However, connecting the Grin Satiator charger to the positive and negative then holding the Satiator’s button to Force charging works perfectly fine. For testing I used alligator jumper wires to paper clips that were inserted into the charging port terminals and it charged perfectly. In the future I will probable chop off the connector from the Aventon charger and terminate it with male and female automotive weatherproof quick connectors so I can plug it into either the Satiator or Aventon charger.
47F0A836-7D46-4FF5-927B-948CEA3A69ED.jpeg

Back