Are you telling me you are carrying the spare battery in a backpack?!

10 dollar solution for carrying a spare battery. Holds like concrete, I've been using it on the mountain single tracks (Singletracks Glacensis - highly recommended if you would ever visit Poland).
Even with the battery attached you can still use your panniers. But if you want to travel light, or do some MTB with light backpack for better bike handling, you can still carry your battery as shown on the pictures. The bike handling is affected in minimal way - just the weight of the battery, symatrically installed. I would not recommed extreme MTB, jumping etc. - for this kind of riding the backpack with protection plate (or the trunk of your car in the middle of the trail) seems the best.

Ten dollar battery holder 1.jpg

Ten dollar battery holder 2.jpg

Ten dollar battery holder 3.jpg

Ten dollar battery holder 4.jpg

I was considering square alu profile, mounted vertically to the rack, as the battery holder with lower centre of gravity. Hovewer the solution above is more symmetrical (for better handling), simpler and cheaper, without the need for any time consuming installation.

Last edited:
Cześć Steku. I'm in Poland ;)
Is your e-bike a Full Suspension one? It's hard for me to find a rear rack good for 140 mm travel FS with 2.6" tyres...

Last edited:
Cześć Steku. I'm in Poland ;)
I know, I've seen your Mazovian registration plate - I'm really impressed that you managed to formally register your bike with PL bureaucracy ;)

Is your e-bike a Full Suspension one? It's hard for me to find a rear rack good for 140 mm travel FS with 2.6" tyres...
My bike is a hardtail. However, my $10 solution works as well with: Topeak MTX Beamrack
It's compatible with Ortlieb panniers and also with Topeak's own MTX mount system.

mtx-beamrack-a-type.png

Option to consider - intended to work as insert for Deuter backpacks (I own one) but may also work with the panniers. I ordered one and will report as soon as I receive it.
Deuter e-pocket

Ca. 40 euro (just the insert).

Deuter e-pocket.jpg

Deuter e-pocket 2.jpg

Thanks - think I might order one - does it hold the load solidly over bumpy terrain?

How wide are the seatstays on your bike? Is the width of the clamps adjustable?
Those are 2.8" tires in the pic. It fits well on my bike but yours may be different. I use it to solidly hold a pair of powerpack 500,s in a Klickfix rackbox. Read about it yourself here: https://www.topeak.com/global/en/products/tetrarack-series/1286-tetrarack-m2-(mountain). And here is the userguide. https://s3.topeak.com/storage/app/m...-series/TETRARACK_M1_M2_2020_0207_A2_line.pdf

Last edited:
I indeed might consider the Tetrarack when I am already in the position to order the EnergyPak Smart 625 for my Giant.

I indeed might consider the Tetrarack when I am already in the position to order the EnergyPak Smart 625 for my Giant.
Yes it is good for using the bike for touring. I have not seen anything that works better , but if you are doing any hard core mountian biking you might want to remove the spare batteries beforehand. (-:

Yes it is good for using the bike for touring. I have not seen anything that works better , but if you are doing any hard core mountian biking you might want to remove the spare batteries beforehand. (-:
I absolutely understand it, Steve! I'm getting invitations for rides with traditional cyclists, for example in the Suwałki Land that is gorgeous but you need to ride dirt and moderate hills there. Especially the hills are tiresome for mech riders, and the rough terrain limits them to 50 km daily rides (which is very well inside the Trance E+ range). A rack could be used there. Honestly saying, I'm too old for real technical trail riding 🤣

1591726231457.png

Yup I do. It works great. It can hold 25 lbs.View attachment 54870

Trying to determine if it will fit my bike.

What is the width on your seatstay?

My bike also has 2.8" tires. Hub spacing is boost 148mm

The manual for the tetra rack m2 states that the seatstay width on the bike must be between 95mm and 125mm.

My seatstays have a slight curvature on them (yours appear to be straight), and I measured the seatstay width on the bike to be 115mm to 150mm over the length that the rack would mount to. So, it appears that it won't fit.

I absolutely understand it, Steve! I'm getting invitations for rides with traditional cyclists, for example in the Suwałki Land that is gorgeous but you need to ride dirt and moderate hills there. Especially the hills are tiresome for mech riders, and the rough terrain limits them to 50 km daily rides (which is very well inside the Trance E+ range). A rack could be used there. Honestly saying, I'm too old for real technical trail riding 🤣

View attachment 54940
But you seem to be getting stronger so keep up the good work!

But you seem to be getting stronger so keep up the good work!
Given the PAS 2* of the Trance, a 50 km ride in rough terrain is just a pleasure for me. I'm getting tired a little bit past the 60th kilometre :D The point is, the PAS 2 is too fast for traditional cyclists to keep up off-road, so that would be ECO/ECO+ (PAS 1) for a group ride.
----------
*) Giant is very inconsistent with their PAS level names. The PAS 2 is called "Basic" on the EVO display, and it is "Eco" on RideControl One...

Trying to determine if it will fit my bike.

What is the width on your seatstay?

My bike also has 2.8" tires. Hub spacing is boost 148mm

The manual for the tetra rack m2 states that the seatstay width on the bike must be between 95mm and 125mm.

My seatstays have a slight curvature on them (yours appear to be straight), and I measured the seatstay width on the bike to be 115mm to 150mm over the length that the rack would mount to. So, it appears that it won't fit.
I do not have the seatstay measurement info. You can try to find it if you like. The bike is a Moustache Samedi Race 4 (2019)

Back