Anyone with a 2020 Revolt E Pro?

Anyone know how much their bike weighs? Particularly interested in size large. Thanks.
I posted mine on a scale here: https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/2020-giant-e-bike-models-and-photos.30942/post-241531

Size small, but with bags and bottle cages and such on it was right at 47 pounds. I'd guess you can drop 4 pounds or so for a bare bike.

How does this bike handle with the Range Extender ?

Its fine. Its definitely a tank moving it around the shop but I honestly don't notice the weight while riding.

About to purchase the REVOLT E+ PRO, but the Specialized Turbo Vado SL 4.0 has caught me eye. Advantage maybe 6 lbs lighter (could be wrong, anyone know the weight on the REVOLT E+ PRO) Advantage to Giant: prefer drop bars and Giant LBS is just a mile away from home, where as the closest Specialized LBS is 25 miles away (and I don't know them). Also the Giant is pricier. Any thoughts?

About to purchase the REVOLT E+ PRO, but the Specialized Turbo Vado SL 4.0 has caught me eye. Advantage maybe 6 lbs lighter (could be wrong, anyone know the weight on the REVOLT E+ PRO) Advantage to Giant: prefer drop bars and Giant LBS is just a mile away from home, where as the closest Specialized LBS is 25 miles away (and I don't know them). Also the Giant is pricier. Any thoughts?
As I have posted elsewhere, my Revolt weighs 47 lbs. with battery, back rack, peddles, kick stand, and bottle cage. A few extra pounds means nothing when you are riding. I have nothing to compare it with, but my Revolt is wonderful; and, my LBS is great.

I would definitely prioritize a good dealer over a few pounds on an e-bike.

The Turbo Vado SL is a very different bike than the Revolt. Much lower power motor, designed to be light and offer a more minimal assist that feels more like a normal bike. The Revolt is using the Syncdrive pro that they also use on their e-mtbs.

Two completely different bikes, different missions. On the Revolt, if you are going along a side road or path and see an intriguing track going off into the woods or up some significant hill, you can take off and see where it goes without a second thought, and follow it for miles.

Just a few pics from today's road/trail ride...
300 miles in two weeks zero disappointments

IMG_8009-2.jpg
IMG_8023.jpg
IMG_8015.jpg
IMG_8007.jpg

Revolt-E issues guys?

me, I’ve got something really bothering: IT CUTS OFF THE POWER.
i mean, like, suddenly, no warning of low battery or anything like that. The display goes completely black without any warning. Usually if you want to power it off it gives you a message like
“Goodbye - GIANT”
in my case it just cuts off and I need to start it manually and then I got to wait some seconds to get the message of “Welcome GIANT” and after that it starts again. And again, after a couple of kilometres, sometimes 3 or 5 or 10 k, sometimes when I push full power on pedal, sometimes when I just roll on by. sometimes this happens when the road has a bump, but it can cut off the power on a perfectly flat smooth stretch of asphalt. Most of the time I use it in ECO mode (that is the 1. Level of assistance) but in about 30% of The time I use the bike in ACTIVE mode (2nd level) also...

I got no ideas whats up with it. I have it now for about 2 months and have biked around about 500 km. It started this issues just 2 weeks after the purchase. The guys from the shop where I bought it, they checked it and said they did not find anything.
I’m pretty worried, but the bike overall rolls really nicely.

Attachments

• 9D0EA783-8F8C-49B1-BBFA-CC12333657A7.jpeg
    9D0EA783-8F8C-49B1-BBFA-CC12333657A7.jpeg
    830.2 KB · Views: 412
Last edited:
Revolt-E issues guys?

i mean, like, suddenly, no warning of low battery or anything like that. The display goes completely black without any warning. Usually if you want to power it off it gives you a message like
“Goodbye - GIANT”
in my case it just cuts off and I need to start it manually and then I got to wait some seconds to get the message of “Welcome GIANT” and after that it starts again. And again, after a couple of kilometres, sometimes 3 or 5 or 10 k, sometimes when I push full power on pedal, sometimes when I just roll on by. sometimes this happens when the road has a bump, but it can cut off the power on a perfectly flat smooth stretch of asphalt. Most of the time I use it in ECO mode (that is the 1. Level of assistance) but in about 30% of The time I use the bike in ACTIVE mode (2nd level) also...

I got no ideas whats up with it. I have it now for about 2 months and have biked around about 500 km. It started this issues just 2 weeks after the purchase. The guys from the shop where I bought it, they checked it and said they did not find anything.
LBS needs to get you happy. Remember back in the 80"s the Audi did the opposite, They would just accelerate for no reason. At least until they realized that folks where hitting the gas pedal. Whoops. Good luck, dude.

Revolt-E issues guys?

“Goodbye - GIANT”

I'm also experiencing the same problem. I've had my bike for 6 months and have put on about 2000 miles and in the last week it has powered off for no reason. I then have to "start it up" again. I cannot explain why, because my riding habits have not changed and I have not ridden in wet weather. Like to know "whats up?"
I have not taken it back to the dealer ...yet!

I have not ridden in wet weather.

FIRST, THANKS for sharing your experience also. Sorry for your trouble.

but, Well the bike is a GRAVEL BIKE, so then you can not wait just for sunny weather and straight asphalt. But I remember clearly that first time when this happened it was a hot sunny day (hot in Canada meant like 38°C ~ 95° F)and I thought that the display collapsed because of the sun hit it to strong... but then it started to cut off anyway anywhere anytime. So it couldn’t be it.
I guess it is a battery problem.It is NOT even a cable CONNECTION Problem,
because it happens even when the ride is totally smooth, like one time when I was in the middle of a big intersection with perfect asphalt where I needed to keep up pace, it has just cut off the power and I felt it like WOW! Gotta push it real hard to get out of the way from incoming traffic. Pretty dangerous stuff!

ps. I need to use this bike for commuting. 10 km one way so, 20 to 25 km daily.
I put so much money in it... that I could have bought a pretty good second hand car... if you know what I mean. But I am a BIKE FREAK, so I don’t regret. I just hope the problem gets fixed.

I'm also a BIKE FREAK and love this bike. It has been a great deal of fun. However, since it first decided to "shut down" I have experienced at least 3 other shut downs including last evening. It catches you off guard as I was climbing a slight hill and boy, it slows down - like right now!
I'm going to call the store that the bike was delivered to and I'll keep you posted.

Definitely an issue for the dealer. Let us know what they say. Sounds like a loose connection somewhere maybe.
I got a sort of answer. I left the bike at the shop for almost a week and told the guys to try it for extended periods, cause the issue with the power cutoff comes up really at random times. sometimes it happens 3 times in 10 km (like the last ride before I went back to the dealer shop). Other times the issues does not happen in 100 km. But it surely happens often enough and mostly when you don’t expect it. No I’m always riding like... the next pedal is the last assisted one... pretty much so.

so the guy tried to explain to me that the tech department from giant know about this issue happening RARELY. It could be an issue at the level of battery, because it does go off completely, like not just the motor or just the display. So it is not a matter of short circuit in the wires. Somehow the elements of the battery or the contact plates at the top they seem to be misaligned and that makes it cut off from there. I’m not sure I got it clear 100% the idea of this issue. Anyway, the guy from the shop said he will receive a piece that should be installed I-do-kno where, in the battery or at the contacts to the frame... whatever... and that piece should keep everything aligned and fine.

so, we will see. It’s been a week since I got the bike back home. I had 100 km with it and had no more issue. SO FAR.

ill let you know if things evolve.

thanks for interest & support.

I'm at 1,000 miles and change with the same issue. I have documented the cut-offs and it is much more frequent in rough, jarring terrain. Have yet to take it to the local dealer, because this is a warranty replacement bike for an entirely different Giant e-bike and I am technically out-of-warranty if you go by the original purchase. The local dealer went through a lot with my prior bike.

I did not have a good experience with Giant's tech team who I corresponded with via email. I have my doubts that this issue rarely happens, given the # of responses in this thread.

Please do keep us posted @Ionut of what the fix is. I may just try to replicate at home myself.

I'm at 1,000 miles and change with the same issue. I have documented the cut-offs and it is much more frequent in rough, jarring terrain. Have yet to take it to the local dealer, because this is a warranty replacement bike for an entirely different Giant e-bike and I am technically out-of-warranty if you go by the original purchase. The local dealer went through a lot with my prior bike.

I did not have a good experience with Giant's tech team who I corresponded with via email. I have my doubts that this issue rarely happens, given the # of responses in this thread.

Please do keep us posted @Ionut of what the fix is. I may just try to replicate at home myself.
The trouble persist for me. It’s really nasty cause in my case, the last time, end of October 2020, within like 10 miles it has cut-off just about 5 times, sometimes twice within half a mile. And the ground was just asphalt here in Montreal, some bumps here and there but no off-road roughness.

Tech update:
back in the beginning of October, the guys from the giant shop after saying that they contacted the tech dept from giant, THEY HAVE EXCHANGED MY DISPLAY, in order to see wether that would change anything... of course NOTHING changed. I mean like I had about 60-70 miles without any issue. But couple of weeks later it just started again.
I am really unhappy and very worried that I have paid as much as I could almost get a decent car and i wanted to use it as much as possible for commuting to my job ( I would need about 12 miles daily), BUT, I am not so sure now.
at this moment the bike is back in the shop and i am... BIKELESS... since july when I have purchased it, I come close to 20 days without my bike available, due to tech issues and returns to the shop...

not happy. Not at all.

ps: I have giant bikes for just about 20 years, at the moment I have a tcr and a trance, and I am very pleased with them, but for commuting I needed the electric one, and this RevoltE... is well, revolting...

The trouble persist for me. It’s really nasty cause in my case, the last time, end of October 2020, within like 10 miles it has cut-off just about 5 times, sometimes twice within half a mile. And the ground was just asphalt here in Montreal, some bumps here and there but no off-road roughness.

Tech update:
back in the beginning of October, the guys from the giant shop after saying that they contacted the tech dept from giant, THEY HAVE EXCHANGED MY DISPLAY, in order to see wether that would change anything... of course NOTHING changed. I mean like I had about 60-70 miles without any issue. But couple of weeks later it just started again.
I am really unhappy and very worried that I have paid as much as I could almost get a decent car and i wanted to use it as much as possible for commuting to my job ( I would need about 12 miles daily), BUT, I am not so sure now.
at this moment the bike is back in the shop and i am... BIKELESS... since july when I have purchased it, I come close to 20 days without my bike available, due to tech issues and returns to the shop...

not happy. Not at all.

ps: I have giant bikes for just about 20 years, at the moment I have a tcr and a trance, and I am very pleased with them, but for commuting I needed the electric one, and this RevoltE... is well, revolting...
That plain sucks. I had my prior bike out of service for months which made my commute more difficult and less enjoyable. You can actually look forward to a commute everyday with an electric bike!

Ahh, the old swap-a-display trick. Mine was swapped at ~600mi., with similar results (i.e. no change). It makes sense to test the external cables' connections first, but swapping out displays seems wasteful and establishing a diagnosing procedure is the long-term winning strategy with dealers.

Hang in there and keep good relations with your dealer and you will get the results you want.

Back