Anyone with a 2020 Revolt E Pro?

I personally bought an extra main battery for mine. Amusingly, the cover for the battery (the green plastic shell that matches the frame) wasn't available until like May, so I got just the bare battery. Works fine, looks a little goofy. The two batteries gets me 60-65 miles of hilly gravel riding in eco, which covers my riding nicely. I still plan on grabbing an extender when they are available, just because the main+extender probably covers a lot of my loops, and then I don't need to haul the second main battery or stop and swap, but its not pressing. Shop charged me $500 US for the second main battery.

I don't have an auto mode on mine (US, not Canadian). I don't think I'd use it if it did, I like setting the percentage of assist to be constant.

Still really happy with the bike, aside from the anemic battery. Its a wonderful ride on the gravel roads of Loudoun. It feels very much like my non-e-gravel bike, which is exactly what I wanted.

I personally bought an extra main battery for mine. Amusingly, the cover for the battery (the green plastic shell that matches the frame) wasn't available until like May, so I got just the bare battery. Works fine, looks a little goofy. The two batteries gets me 60-65 miles of hilly gravel riding in eco, which covers my riding nicely. I still plan on grabbing an extender when they are available, just because the main+extender probably covers a lot of my loops, and then I don't need to haul the second main battery or stop and swap, but its not pressing. Shop charged me $500 US for the second main battery.

I don't have an auto mode on mine (US, not Canadian). I don't think I'd use it if it did, I like setting the percentage of assist to be constant.

Still really happy with the bike, aside from the anemic battery. Its a wonderful ride on the gravel roads of Loudoun. It feels very much like my non-e-gravel bike, which is exactly what I wanted.
I gust came from the dealer he had the same bike as my wife a Revolt e+pro 2020 on the floor for display and is bike had the Auto mode but not mine so is gonna call giant on Monday to have the problem solve has soon has possible.Auto mode is suppose to be on all 2020 syncdrive pro motor.

I have had the bike for about 4 weeks and have put on about 500 miles - both gravel and pavement. Being a long-time Roadie, I've been impressed with it's great handling and performance. Descents exceeding 40 mph on paved roads were completed without concern and was extremely stable - no shimming or issues with cornering. On gravel the 45c tires and frame absorbed bumps and rough surfaces, resulting in a surprisingly smooth ride. The greatest feature was the pedal assistance provided by the SyncDrive motor which offered as much assist as you need. There is enough substance to the power assist that sometimes I feel I have to hang onto the bike to just stay on board! The only downside is the size of the battery, which was slightly smaller to supposedly decrease overall weight. I guess, sacrificing weight has resulted in shorter rides, but there was enough power to keep me riding for 2 hours (about 30 - 40 miles). However, this could be a problem for those wanting longer rides.
There is supposedly a "range extender" or additional battery pack that is forthcoming, but I have not seen it.
Over-all, I've been very impressed and happy with my purchase.

Thanks for posting. I find it very interesting that such a cool looking bike with nothing else like it has so little about it on the internet. Not a single review on write up or video so weird.

Hi my wife has the Revolt and me the road e converted to gravel with 45c tires.I think the frame is the same it’s the shifters and the gears that is different. We have both the extended battery you will see it on my road e it’s the same battery. It is going to give us around 60km on eco mode and 70 km on eco mode at 50% tuned.The battery is available on the Giant Canadian site $ 549 for the battery and you are gonna need the kit for clipping the battery on the bike at $149 if you need a second battery for the same bike you can buy the second battery at $549 with no kit bacause you have it already on your bike.

Attachments

• E35E8ADA-0404-4932-AC27-3C8B84CC1C7F.jpeg
    E35E8ADA-0404-4932-AC27-3C8B84CC1C7F.jpeg
    422.2 KB · Views: 814
  • F2525429-6448-4499-8F3A-EF25C0A7A2F6.jpeg
    F2525429-6448-4499-8F3A-EF25C0A7A2F6.jpeg
    400.8 KB · Views: 794
I was wondering, I didn’t do the research but l know that you can buy a main battery 375 Watts, For $1050 Canadian. I don’t know if you can buy, the same main battery upgraded to 500W for more money. The dealer should give you the good information, I would like to know the answer if you have a chance to have it.

I love the idea of the extended battery but dang that is a lot of dough for the battery pack then you have to get the kit for it too very interested in hearing your range with the extender and if there is more energy lost via heat. I actually like the idea of keeping it light when you don’t need it. Just curious if the weight/power savings ended up feeling like a good trade off to you.

Did I miss a memo or something here? I was under the impression that the aux battery was going to be of the fake water bottle design, similar to the Specialized way of doing it.

Interesting that you have a Revolt and a Road and think the frame is the same between them. They do indeed look extremely similar, though Giants website has the geometry as slightly different (head angle, seat angle and wheelbase are different for comparable sizes).

The fact that the road can fit 45c tires is good to know though!

Did I miss a memo or something here? I was under the impression that the aux battery was going to be of the fake water bottle design, similar to the Specialized way of doing it.

It attaches to the water bottle mounts, but I've never seen anything that said it would actally look like a water bottle. The only pics I've found have been on european sites, but the pic Rejeanne posted matches what I'd seen. First one I've actually seen somebody buying!

Yes i no that the geometry of my Road e compared to my wife Revolt e is not the same but the look of the bike and the space for the tire are the same.The Revolt handle bars are higher and slithly more comfortable.But when you got the power on you don’t see much difference at 32km and hours.

I am gonna send some pictures to people that want to know how to install the plate for the battery.You will have to take the 2 rubber out off the bottom tube before and after the bottle cage nuts.The plate comes with one side groved and the other side plain,you will have to put the groved side face down and the plain side that you see and bolt that down,with the nuts inside the frame and the big nobs and screws outside.After that the braket of the bottle cage can slide on it like the battery.

Here are the picture if you want more informations just let me know.

Attachments

• C2177E10-E65C-465A-9EE1-4E6EA2F880A4.jpeg
    C2177E10-E65C-465A-9EE1-4E6EA2F880A4.jpeg
    420.5 KB · Views: 537
  • E4B13C7D-7667-4705-BADD-F13C40E06F97.jpeg
    E4B13C7D-7667-4705-BADD-F13C40E06F97.jpeg
    414.8 KB · Views: 523
  • 33DFB4C8-C319-49AD-B53E-6CE7413072A6.jpeg
    33DFB4C8-C319-49AD-B53E-6CE7413072A6.jpeg
    423.6 KB · Views: 529
  • ABC4550C-7F26-410C-8916-DC38E08C744B.jpeg
    ABC4550C-7F26-410C-8916-DC38E08C744B.jpeg
    426.9 KB · Views: 525
  • 6762FBBB-6661-4251-B79B-E2F5B2303CB9.jpeg
    6762FBBB-6661-4251-B79B-E2F5B2303CB9.jpeg
    391.3 KB · Views: 603
  • 787C0C2D-897D-4E4D-8FD4-46D563AC26D2.jpeg
    787C0C2D-897D-4E4D-8FD4-46D563AC26D2.jpeg
    434 KB · Views: 604
I really like that setup and that it allows for a water bottle still. Thank you for posting in such detail

Last edited:
I was wondering, I didn’t do the research but l know that you can buy a main battery 375 Watts, For $1050 Canadian. I don’t know if you can buy, the same main battery upgraded to 500W for more money. The dealer should give you the good information, I would like to know the answer if you have a chance to have it.

There isnt a 500wH upgrade option, only the range extender. Here in the US (at least in CA), the extenders are expected early May. Think they are working on firmware. Should be ~$600USD for everything.

Réjeanne, mind posting approx. dimensions of the extender L×W×H? I have a frame bag, but want to see what alternatives would work with the extender.

I just got this bike too and will post a blurb shortly. Mine has had 2 incorrect Max MPH readings in ~100 miles. Anyone else experiencing this? Really like the bike so far. Hope it holds up well long-term.

Hi, I am Frank, from Wilmington, Delaware [USA] and the proud owner of a Giant Revolt e+ Pro.

I am 76 years old with 35+ years of acoustic bike riding experience. With a few years off the bike, I ‘discovered’ ebikes and found the perfect fit with the Revolt.

I have added the TPK Explorer back rack and MTX Trunk bag. Also added are a GNT direct mount kick stand and Selle Italia Eyelink road bike mirror. I swapped the stock tires to Teravail Rampart tires [700x42] and am riding them tubeless.

I added my old Brooks leather saddle, SPD clipless peddles, my Knog flashing lights [white front, red on my helmet] and Giant Recon TL200 LED red flashing light on my TPK Explorer rear rack.

I only have 100+ miles on it, but we are becoming one – I love this bike.

My shop emailed to let me know that the energypak range extenders are on Giants site, and sent me a code that let me get $240 off the package with the mount (which made the delivered cost $381).

Looks like Giant is running a "buy a bike and get $240 off the extender" deal and my shop got me a code to get that deal after the fact.

Need to update firmware on the bike, though the app is refusing to do so, so may need to run the bike into the dealer whenever it shows up.

Good looking out man still debating on this ebike. However I sold my old cheapie ebike and bought a revolt 0 acoustic bike which make me want this even more lol. Thanks for sharing such a great deal.

I am glad that you let me know for the promo code on the energy pack .Me in Canada we don’t have it but I sanded a email to giant company to let them know that I got scrud by them . They are going the wrong way . Exemple from 2010 to 2020 I bought 10 bikes in and amounts of 35.000 dollars I always order my bikes in autumn to make sure that i get my bike in the spring.I just got my two bikes this spring à Revolt E pro and a Road E Pro got the two kit energy pack for the bikes with no discount .So i lost around $600 dollars for the 2 kit .I wouldn’t mine if they gave that promotion to liquidate some overs bikes at the end of the year I think it is gonna be my last giant bikes really disappointed.

Back