anyone know actual weight difference between a Creo Carbon Comp and a similar aluminum model?

Specialized customer support can be responsive these days. I got the following weights for size medium bikes via chat a couple weeks ago.

Turbo Creo SL Comp E5: 31 lbs
Turbo Creo SL Comp Carbon: 28.4 lbs
Turbo Creo SL Comp Carbon EVO: 29.8 lbs

I still wonder why Specialized is a bit secretive about the weight on their models. They list a lot of detailed technical information on each of their models on the website for you to compare but the weight is not part of their specs.

I don’t know why Specialized doesn’t publish the weights.

As for “secretive”, well I can just say my personal experience is they’ve freely answered me both times I’ve asked for weights of particular models/sizes.

I still wonder why Specialized is a bit secretive about the weight on their models. They list a lot of detailed technical information on each of their models on the website for you to compare but the weight is not part of their specs.
Big brands avoid publishing e-bike weight data to not look worse than the competitors. Especially, as the actual bike weight depends on the frame size, too.

Any big brand dealer will weigh given bike/e-bike for you if they have one in the showroom.

Big brands avoid publishing e-bike weight data to not look worse than the competitors. Especially, as the actual bike weight depends on the frame size, too.

Any big brand dealer will weigh given bike/e-bike for you if they have one in the showroom.

It seems to vary somewhat. At least in the US, both Trek and Scott tend to list weights on their websites; Trek cites the weight for a size (often 56), Scott gives an "average" with wording to it varying by size and accessories. Specialized and Giant do not list weights on their website, nor am I finding such on Pinarello's website.

As you say, a dealer with the bike in stock should gladly weigh it for you. Customer service ought to be able to provide the info as has been my experience with Specialized.

Back