Creo 2 short supply?

eddief

Wondering if anyone in the know knows why there appears to be a short supply of Creo 2 bikes; especially Comp Carbon. My local shop said there is some sort of hold up but did not know the actual reason. These bikes were announced quite some time ago and I'd think inventory would be flush by now.

Last edited:
Probably not producing as much inventory due to large amounts of other unsold bikes.

If you call the main rider care line they may know. I did that in the psst and they gave me an accurate estimate. The stores will say anything.

It is a nice bike but only has 50Nm of torque. Whimpey. Mine have 90Nm and are open source and fully programable through the displays by each owner who controls the bike he or she owns. Buying a dog that you cannot train or control is kind of silly in my opinion. I know and I sell these bikes as well as my own custom bikes. Interoperability of components is important as is the right to repair.

1716085651781.png

It is a nice bike but only has 50Nm of torque. Whimpey. Mine have 90Nm and are open source and fully programable through the displays by each owner who controls the bike he or she owns. Buying a dog that you cannot train or control is kind of silly in my opinion. I know and I sell these bikes as well as my own custom bikes. Interoperability of components is important as is the right to repair.

View attachment 176039
Can you get weight under 40 lbs? What would the lightest be for a 90 nm bike with ~400+ wh?

It is a nice bike but only has 50Nm of torque. Whimpey.
A gravel e-bike has to be able to ride for a long distance and be very lighweight at the same time. It also has to be structurally very strong.
You do not know much about cycling disciplines, do you Uma?

Yesterday, a new friend of mine completed a gravel race together with me on a hybrid trekking 60 Nm Shimano mid-drive e-bike. The terrain was demanding. If that guy was not met by bad luck, he could have won. For instance, he had no issue to climb a 16% incline or walk his e-bike through a bog. He could climb 8% incline in deep sand, too. 60 Nm was enough.

1716135636029.png

These people need no motor to ride gravel races at all.

1716135695376.png

My friend needed a 60 Nm motor for this very climb. I used 90 Nm there but I and my e-bike plus baggage together weighed near 300 lbs!

Last edited:
35Nm mid drive (Vado SL) is likely overkill for my uses as a calorie burner Street machine. I VERY rarely am asking for more than 65% assist and when I do it is for less than 30 seconds.
It depends on whether you are looking for fitness or for a motorcycle type transportation.
The lightweight low power e-bikes may not suit your specific needs. The trade-off, if engineered correctly, allows you to have a very lightweight and nimble analog like bicycle with assist. Perfect in my eyes. Even better I only charge it approximately every 100 MI.

Can you get weight under 40 lbs? What would the lightest be for a 90 nm bike with ~400+ wh?
Fair question. On an aluminum gravel/adventure bike with robust components, not race day components, about 42. That would be a build that can bike pack trails. At some point it is like trying to shave grams from a bridge. Doing a century is a lot. After two hours of riding it stops being fun. I am mostly running errands for transportation. I had fifty pounds on my rack this morning.

Last edited:
Fair question. On an aluminum gravel/adventure bike with robust components, not race day components, about 42. That would be a build that can bike pack trails. At some point it is like trying to shave grams from a bridge. Doing a century is a lot. After two hours of riding it stops being fun. I am mostly running errands for transportation. I had fifty pounds on my rack this morning.
People who ride Specialized SL e-bikes expect low weight, low assistance, quality, top electronics, a mid-drive motor you can trust, and certainly do not want to perish in a battery fire, having the e-bike frame broken in rough terrain or getting killed because the brakes didn't work. They expect local support, service, and the best warranty in the world.

1716141293744.png

This e-bike has a 35 Nm motor and weighs 35 or 37 lbs.

1716141406043.png

On a singletrack in a hilly area.

1716141434184.png

The half-way into the ride.

1716141460346.png

On a damaged dirt road.

1716141488022.png

On the big river.

1716141517628.png

Yes, I had to climb the 9% grade to get over there.

1716141550738.png

Smooth asphalt, rolling hills.

People who can ride a Creo 2 or a Vado SL do not need your contraptions, @PedalUma. Why are you trying to hijack a Specialized thread again?

Last edited:
Back