Anybody Ride a Specialized Turbo Tero Yet?

timacn

Thinking about a Turbo Tero 5.0. Hard to find, and expensive. But they look great and they have good components, range and 90 Newton Meters.

I'd be real interested to hear from anybody who has ridden any of the Teros. 3.0, 4.0 or 5.0.

Thanks.

Hey Tim,
Why posting the same thread twice?
Yes, I'm as much interested in Tero ride impressions as you are.

Here's a review of it in 4.0 EQ ST trim:

It is interesting too see how much Specialized engineers had to study the BLEvo app during the design of the MasterMind TCD. "Motor Power (electrical)"! "Biker/Motor Power Ratio"! :)

The Tero is a nice looking bike. They need to pull the fenders off the tires and give them some clearance. Those knobby tires riding that close to the fenders looks kind of odd. Go the enduro look of old. Then switch out the hard plastic water diverter on the back of the front fender for a softer rubber.

Well I just bought a Tero 3.0, hopefully picking up this evening. Unfortunatley I have a cast
on my right leg from a broken leg and screwed up ankle....don't ask, it's heck getting old. As soon as
I get a chance to ride, December/January I would be happy to report back.

Well I just bought a Tero 3.0, hopefully picking up this evening. Unfortunatley I have a cast
on my right leg from a broken leg and screwed up ankle....don't ask, it's heck getting old. As soon as
Sorry to hear about your injury. Congratulations on your Tero! Please post pictures.
What region are you located?

Here's to a speedy recovery and great use for that new bike.

I bought a Turbo Tero 5.0 and it shipped from Specialized to the dealer ~12 days ago. Dealer said it should be here tomorrow. (I joined this forum to learn more about it) I'll post my thoughts once I pick it up and ride it. I don't have much to compare it to since I've been a road biker all my life and recently hurt my leg so switching to ebikes. (I have a Scott Addict eride 10 for an electric road bike)

The Tero is a nice looking bike. They need to pull the fenders off the tires and give them some clearance. Those knobby tires riding that close to the fenders looks kind of odd. Go the enduro look of old. Then switch out the hard plastic water diverter on the back of the front fender for a softer rubber.
Yeah, I was on an off-road bike tour a few years ago (C&O Canal Towpath) that was quite muddy for a couple days and the two bikes in the group with fenders were brought to a stop a couple times with mud packing up under the fenders. That's also why we had high fenders back when I rode (motorcycle) dirt bikes.

Yeah, I was on an off-road bike tour a few years ago (C&O Canal Towpath) that was quite muddy for a couple days and the two bikes in the group with fenders were brought to a stop a couple times with mud packing up under the fenders. That's also why we had high fenders back when I rode (motorcycle) dirt bikes.
This is all about the role a given Tero version is to play. The EQ version reminds me of SUV cars bought for solely urban use. You would ride Tero EQ mostly in the city with occasional trips to a forest. While the non-EQ is for people spending more time off-road. (The EQ is like some R&M or Moustache e-bikes with "mountain" suspension fork but fully equipped).

Of my two current e-bikes, the Vado SL EQ is not really good for off-road use precisely for reasons pointed out by Marcela. While the big power Vado 5.0 can be made more appropriate. The stock tyres in the Vado were 2" slicks; after replacing them with 1.75" Smart Sams, there is a lot of space between the tyre and the fender to not accumulate dirt. Also, I eventually lost the long flap of the front fender. Now, the motor cover gets stained with mud, and the feet are not really protected but riding in rough terrain has become far more practical.

If I considered a Tero, that would be the 5.0 non-EQ.

P.S. Ever heard of Turbo Levo HT? That model never sold because MTBers really preferred the FS version of the Levo. Now Specialized seems to address the right part of the market with their Tero, giving non-MTBers choices for more urban or off-road use.

Last edited:
Back