Anybody Ride a Specialized Turbo Tero Yet?

I just got a notification that my Tero 5.0 arrived at ERIK'S for pickup tomorrow. I'll post some pics and give an honest review soon (assuming the rain stops here in WI!) I have no prior ebike experience other than a short term BCycle ride in FL but after trying, I was hooked.

I just got a notification that my Tero 5.0 arrived at ERIK'S for pickup tomorrow. I'll post some pics and give an honest review soon (assuming the rain stops here in WI!) I have no prior ebike experience other than a short term BCycle ride in FL but after trying, I was hooked.
Enjoy!

1633646019724.jpeg

Attachments

• Tero 3.0.jpg
    Tero 3.0.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 139
I was informed mine has been stuck at the local Fedex warehouse (since last Friday) in a pending state with no delivery date.
Fedex is definitely having delivery problems. Two deliveries in the last two weeks ran about a week late, each. It would say "Delivery between 10:30 and 2:15" tomorrow. But as the song says "tomorrow never comes" Then it would go "potential delay" (it was NOT potential as it was delayed and delayed....) And delivery PENDING. The second, larger, heavier package was set for delivery two different days and then went back into limbo.

Good luck.

Just took it for a ride for the first time yesterday. Awesome bike. It's a lot heavier/bulkier than I thought it'd be but I can get used to it. Serious power up hills. The one thing I'm wondering is, it came with no kickstand, headlight or taillight. Does Specialized sell lights that integrate with the battery like on the Vado? And will their "Center mount kickstand" be compatible with the Tero?

I did notice mine has the kickstand bosses so you will be able to fit a kickstand, lights I don't know.
If it doesn’t come with one and you do night trail riding, I’d skip what the Vado comes with and go right for something like the M99 Supernova.

Just took it for a ride for the first time yesterday. Awesome bike. It's a lot heavier/bulkier than I thought it'd be but I can get used to it. Serious power up hills. The one thing I'm wondering is, it came with no kickstand, headlight or taillight. Does Specialized sell lights that integrate with the battery like on the Vado? And will their "Center mount kickstand" be compatible with the Tero?
These items are available in the EQ version of Tero. Plus fenders.
Otherwise, no MTB ever comes with fenders, lights, kickstand or rack. (These things do not belong in MTB).
An MTBer would attach powerful external lights (that don't come cheap) for night riding.

Finally got a Tero 5. (Long story I ended up with one shipped to the store vs the one direct from Specialized since that one is still stuck in a FedEx distribution center). I took it on about a 9 mile ride up a mountain on a fire road with very rough, large rocks. The power was amazing. I was able to make it up a 22% grade hill and was still seated in the saddle and only working at about 50% capacity. The bike is heavy but feels pretty balanced. On these steep grades, it used 10% battery per mile. I did get a kickstand on it which helps parking it in the garage. Overall, it was a riot to ride.

0BF1DEB6-6266-4F23-B283-338C10A7936B.jpeg

Finally got a Tero 5. (Long story I ended up with one shipped to the store vs the one direct from Specialized since that one is still stuck in a FedEx distribution center). I took it on about a 9 mile ride up a mountain on a fire road with very rough, large rocks. The power was amazing. I was able to make it up a 22% grade hill and was still seated in the saddle and only working at about 50% capacity. The bike is heavy but feels pretty balanced. On these steep grades, it used 10% battery per mile. I did get a kickstand on it which helps parking it in the garage. Overall, it was a riot to ride.

View attachment 102826

So…….where in the “USA” is this since I couldn’t find anything in your profile as to where you’re located? Not specifically, but at least a state would be nice :)

My wife picked her Tero 5.0 up today and we took it for a 16 mile mixed terrain ride. I won't say she prefers it over her Vado SL 5.0 EQ yet, but she does enjoy the POWER! I had some Vittoria Mezcal XC Trail tyres installed at the shop, tubeless, which shaved close to a kilogram off the bike. I run these tyres on my Levo SL; they work well for the terrain that we ride. I am looking into a lighter weight fork, as the stock one supposedly weighs 2313 grams. Some are available in the 1300 to 1400 gram range, which would be a substantial weight saving.

My goal is to get the bike to 40 lbs without the battery so I don't over-stress the Kuat Sherpa rack that we use. The battery weighs 8 lbs 7 oz on my kitchen scale. The Sherpa is rated at 2x bikes 40 lbs each maximum. My Levo SL is 39.25 lbs.

As I am able to get some saddle time on the bike I will report back with some impressions. We are going on an off-road trail ride tomorrow, probably in Wilder Ranch State Park north of Santa Cruz. This will be a great ride for her as she has done it a number of times on her Vado SL. I have ridden this on my Creo SL, and it is a fun ride, but very harsh on the Creo and Vado. It will be good for her to be on her Tero and me on the Levo Sl. Hopefully I can keep up with her!!

By the way, Specialized are supposedly working on a hard-wired light package for the 5.0; I have asked the LBS to inform me when they arrive. My wife likes the always-on lights on her Vado SL 5.0 EQ.

Thank you for the information 900ss! Many happy miles!

(It looks Tero is a real hit, and the most longed for Specialized e-bike nowadays! At least for non-roadies and non-MTBers).

One other thing I forgot to mention. I noticed a discrepancy between the speed on my Garmin and the speed on the built-in computer. I tend to trust the Garmin more and there was some times as much as 2 mph difference

My wife picked her Tero 5.0 up today and we took it for a 16 mile mixed terrain ride. I won't say she prefers it over her Vado SL 5.0 EQ yet, but she does enjoy the POWER! I had some Vittoria Mezcal XC Trail tyres installed at the shop, tubeless, which shaved close to a kilogram off the bike. I run these tyres on my Levo SL; they work well for the terrain that we ride. I am looking into a lighter weight fork, as the stock one supposedly weighs 2313 grams. Some are available in the 1300 to 1400 gram range, which would be a substantial weight saving.

My goal is to get the bike to 40 lbs without the battery so I don't over-stress the Kuat Sherpa rack that we use. The battery weighs 8 lbs 7 oz on my kitchen scale. The Sherpa is rated at 2x bikes 40 lbs each maximum. My Levo SL is 39.25 lbs.

As I am able to get some saddle time on the bike I will report back with some impressions. We are going on an off-road trail ride tomorrow, probably in Wilder Ranch State Park north of Santa Cruz. This will be a great ride for her as she has done it a number of times on her Vado SL. I have ridden this on my Creo SL, and it is a fun ride, but very harsh on the Creo and Vado. It will be good for her to be on her Tero and me on the Levo Sl. Hopefully I can keep up with her!!

By the way, Specialized are supposedly working on a hard-wired light package for the 5.0; I have asked the LBS to inform me when they arrive. My wife likes the always-on lights on her Vado SL 5.0 EQ.
I’m hauling mine on a Sherpa rack also. I’ve been taking the battery out and putting it in the slot closest to the car. I don’t expect to have any trouble since I’m pretty close to the weight limit and the other bike we put on the rack is not an E bike so it weighs much much less

also, thanks for mentioning it takes tubeless tires. I was wondering if the rims were capable of that

One other thing I forgot to mention. I noticed a discrepancy between the speed on my Garmin and the speed on the built-in computer. I tend to trust the Garmin more and there was some times as much as 2 mph difference
Chucker: Garmin Edge gives you the opportunity to automatically discover the wheel circumference. It the device is set to Auto WhC, the WhC value is internally adjusted to match the GPS readouts. However, you should look to the WhC info in Mission Control and work with Garmin for Manual WhC for a couple of longer test rides (use, e.g. Strava to record the GPS distance, and compare it to the Edge recorded distance based on manually entered WhC). After some trial-and-error you will determine the exact WhC of your wheels. Then your LBS will enter that value in Tero's firmware on request.

Could you please read the markings at the tyre sidewall? I need to know the ETRTO size of your tyres, such as xx-622. Then I could try to tell you approximate wheel circumference.

Chucker: Garmin Edge gives you the opportunity to automatically discover the wheel circumference. It the device is set to Auto WhC, the WhC value is internally adjusted to match the GPS readouts. However, you should look to the WhC info in Mission Control and work with Garmin for Manual WhC for a couple of longer test rides (use, e.g. Strava to record the GPS distance, and compare it to the Edge recorded distance based on manually entered WhC). After some trial-and-error you will determine the exact WhC of your wheels. Then your LBS will enter that value in Tero's firmware on request.

Could you please read the markings at the tyre sidewall? I need to know the ETRTO size of your tyres, such as xx-622. Then I could try to tell you approximate wheel circumference.
They say 60-622. Wouldn’t the GPS data from the Garmin be the most reliable assuming it had a good signal lock? Is your thought that I could get the exact wheel size from the Garmin and then enter it into the built in Specialized computer? (Or have the bike shop do it since I didn’t see it as a possible setting)

Back