Anybody Ride a Specialized Turbo Tero Yet?

You can easily measure your own wheel circumference. Position the valve stem or other marking on the tire on your floor and park the spot with a piece of chalk or tape. Roll the bike forward one revolution and mark the floor again. Measure the distance between your two marks.

I would expect some random variation in instantaneous speed measurements between two different devices because they are using two different methods to measure instantaneous speed. One is doing it mechanically and the other is doing it via GPS positioning data. And how the two computers smooth out or average out data variations is going to be different. But the distance measurement over say a 10k ride should be very close to each other if the specialized is properly calibrated. If one computer says you rode 11.2 km and the other says you rode 10.3 km then you have an issue
That’s what they did at the bike shop.(string method with me on it) To check it I got it going a steady speed and waited for them to both settle

If one computer says you rode 11.2 km and the other says you rode 10.3 km then you have an issue.
This is typical to many e-bikes. That's why WhC calibration is so important if one wants accurately determine the speed and distance ridden based on the bike data.

Anybody Ride a Specialized Turbo Tero Yet?​

20211016_101308-01.jpeg

I have ridden one 🙂

I will of course write a full report (@rochrunner) but now feel frozen to my bones (cold & wind) :) Even hot shower and rum could not help me enough :D

1634401313926.png

Blue/red: Ride to/from Specialized Warsaw (Vado SL)
Green: Turbo Tero ST 3.0 Demo Ride.
There was a nasty cold westerly wind, nothing wrong in the forest, very unpleasant in open space.

I will of course write a full report (@rochrunner) but now feel frozen to my bones (cold & wind) :) Even hot shower and rum could not help me enough :D

There was a nasty cold westerly wind, nothing wrong in the forest, very unpleasant in open space.

Haven't tried these but they are said to be warm:

Herbata z prądem

Nalewka – Polish liqueur

Mulled beer – grzaniec

Mulled wine – grzane wino

Hot chocolate - the old standard. Can't be beat.

That's a sexy lookin' rig. Think it'd go 50 miles and 5k vertical feet in a medium assist level?
I think that would be close. It would probably depend on the weight to the rider and the steepness of the grade. I have a torn calf muscle right now and going up 10% grade on turbo off-road in the dirt eats up about 10% battery per mile but that’s pretty extreme. Just a guess is that it probably would but it would be fairly close

It’s a Portland DesignWorks basket.(The owl water bottle holder is also from them) Inside of it I keep a Chrome industries handlebar bag/fanny pack. The slot on the front of the basket holds my U lock. (I also have a spur cycle bell to replace the bell it came with)
C70659DD-9959-4C31-8633-0A2043D339CE.jpeg

Chucker: Is your Rockshox fork indeed the air-spring one? Have you adjusted the pressure yourself or had the LBS done it?

Back