Anybody Ride a Specialized Turbo Tero Yet?

Thanks Stefan. Where did you find this spec? My shop told me the same thing. I can't think of any modern smartphone that doesn't want at least 1 amp. Specialized needs a new firmware that limits the current draw from the USB C output.

My dealer has other bikes with the same display so I will see if they can charge my phone.

Where did you find this spec?
It is in the 2022 Tero User Manual :)

1637214553123.png

I just tried it on my Tero 5 for 20 or 30 seconds and it worked fine. I’m using an iPhone 12 pro max
Very interesting.

I was just at our dealer picking up her bike and tried my Iphone 11 Pro on their 2022 Tero 5 and it was the same. Charge for a few seconds and then stopped. Specialized support spoke with my dealer today and said the USB-C port is not for phone charging. I guess they didn't read the manual either or watch their marketing videos. That looks exactly like my phone. 🤣

Tero Specialized marketing video.jpg

Tero Specialized marketing video 2.jpg

Last edited:
Very interesting.

I was just at me dealer picking up her bike and tried my Iphone 11 Pro on their 2022 Tero 5 and it was the same. Charge for a few seconds and then stopped. Specialized support spoke with my dealer today and said the USB-C port is not for phone charging. I guess they didn't read the manual either or watch their marketing videos 🤣

View attachment 107220
Hmmm. Then what is it for? I know, creating a port means less material in that area and that helps lessen the overall weight of the bike.

OK. Now this is crazy. Our Tero will charge my wife's 5th generation Ipad no problem. Same USB-C to lightening cable that won't charge my 11 Pro.

I'm updating my phone to IOS 15.1 to see if that solves the problem.

I also tried an Android Galaxy A11 and it charges no problem. So clearly this is an Apple problem. I should have assumed that from the beginning.

Last edited:
Hmmm. Then what is it for? I know, creating a port means less material in that area and that helps lessen the overall weight of the bike.
Well to be fair the USB-C port is also used by the dealer for connecting to their computer.

Tested a Tero 5 in large size. Sweat bike. Very powerful. Ready to go off-road. Waiting for LBS to receive the medium size so I buy.
will replace my Vado 5 (if sold).
The motor is powerful but not as silent as Vado 5. Has a little hummm specially on climb.
TCD looks great.
battery drops down vs side. Hopefully this eliminates some time not responding due to disconnect. Or could worsen it!! Easier to take out the battery.
more to come.

The Tero is a nice looking bike. They need to pull the fenders off the tires and give them some clearance. Those knobby tires riding that close to the fenders looks kind of odd. Go the enduro look of old. Then switch out the hard plastic water diverter on the back of the front fender for a softer rubber.
@Marcela the one I tested was non EQ no fender, rack, nor kick stand. Looked much more like MTB than road.
I loved the look. We don’t get much rain in CA so fender is no issues. I will miss the rack and kick stand.
have to carry a backpack for emergency stuff.

@Marcela the one I tested was non EQ no fender, rack, nor kick stand. Looked much more like MTB than road.
I loved the look. We don’t get much rain in CA so fender is no issues. I will miss the rack and kick stand.
have to carry a backpack for emergency stuff.
If I bought a road/gravel e-bike, I would be riding with a small backpack, same as I rode with on a Creo today :)

@Stefan Mikes has been asleep post-ride :)

The short version:
  • Creo SL is an excellent road e-bike, worth every cent
  • Unfortunately, I have found the riding position could not agree with my body.
So much for purchasing a Creo :)

@kahn, see the edit.

Last edited:
Back