Considering a Specialized, got a few questions

Maybe try shorter cranks if training your legs won't work. Or lesser shoes :)

When you are trying to pair a phone using the app, the PIN is displayed on the TCD display for a short while. If that's a Mastermind Vado, pairing requires depressing a button on the e-bike remote when finishing the pairing

I deleted the bike from the app and started fresh, and that worked. I also had to hit the + button to complete the pairing, which the app & bike didn't tell me, whoops. When all else fails, check the manual ...

I really cannot understand how that can happen... If I ever get heel strikes, it is on some ill designed panniers I own but not on the chainstay... Do you have big feet perhaps?

Perhaps. :) I wear US size 13, Euro size 46. My shoe is 13" = 33cm long. I'm not using clipless but I locate the shoe just about where it would be if I was -- with the pedal centered a bit behind the ball of my foot. I'll try moving my foot forward but that's how I've always run.

I deleted the bike from the app and started fresh, and that worked. I also had to hit the + button to complete the pairing, which the app & bike didn't tell me, whoops. When all else fails, check the manual ...
That was what I thought 😃
Perhaps. :) I wear US size 13, Euro size 46. My shoe is 13" = 33cm long. I'm not using clipless but I locate the shoe just about where it would be if I was -- with the pedal centered a bit behind the ball of my foot. I'll try moving my foot forward but that's how I've always run.
The sole of my shoe is 32 cm, so my foot is shorter. You could really try wider pedals!

Back