Allant+7 thoughts/review

I have a Trek Verve +3 and looking forward to buy a Allant+7.
There is no Allant 7 for me to try in my region.
My question: Looking at Bosh motors drive unit overview and Comparing the Active line Plus to the Performance line CX , can I assume CX motor Eco mode (40Nm) equals Tour mode (40Nm) on the active line plus and CX unit Tour mode (50Nm) equals Turbo mode (50Nm) on the active line plus?
View attachment 100724
I couldnā€™t tell you. All I know is I tested the Verve+3 when my wife was looking. It was very noticeably less powerful than the Allant+7. That power difference has been a godsend for me (and my wife) in climbing my normal workout routeā€˜s hills and in our recent trip out west.

Wait for the Smart System šŸ˜Ž
Maybeā€¦maybe not. The jury is still out but having watched the video of Boschā€™s EBIKE division CEO, I was encouraged that my CX motor MIGHT still be able to take advantage of the Smart System and the new Kiox 300 and LED controller, should I choose. Guess weā€˜ll just have to wait and see.

Meanwhile, the Company You Hate :) has just announced three totally new lines of their products. I would be excited if not the fact I have already owned two CYH e-bikes that shall serve me for several years more.

I couldnā€™t tell you. All I know is I tested the Verve+3 when my wife was looking. It was very noticeably less powerful than the Allant+7. That power difference has been a godsend for me (and my wife) in climbing my normal workout routeā€˜s hills and in our recent trip out west.
Thanks Dallant , also your rear bag, I think it is a Racktime with a sort of quick release , does it fit directly to the original rack

Meanwhile, the Company You Hate :) has just announced three totally new lines of their products. I would be excited if not the fact I have already owned two CYH e-bikes that shall serve me for several years more.
My 90+ yr old father-in-law likes to say that his present set of cars (most anything actually) will ā€œsee me outā€, thus lasting him till he passes. Iā€™m wondering if my present set of CYH ebikes might see me out, but I doubt it. As Iā€™ve said in the past, I buy a complete and workable system that does what I need it to do and keep it till it no longer works for me. Iā€™m betting (hoping) 5 years at the moment.

Thanks Dallant , also your rear bag, I think it is a Racktime with a sort of quick release , does it fit directly to the original rack
Itā€™s a Racktime Odin and yes its connection to the rack fits perfectly/solid though the bag can lean a bit depending on the load and/or configuration. We rode a lot of rough trails on our recent western trip and never a problem with them. It even held our bear spray at the ready the whole trip!
73366560-9A13-43A7-B107-5D91E3A7B9EA.jpeg

Attachments

• FCC1CC33-C92E-478A-94A8-6A0D19A672EF.jpeg
    FCC1CC33-C92E-478A-94A8-6A0D19A672EF.jpeg
    356 KB · Views: 199
Iā€™m betting (hoping) 5 years at the moment.
Since I own two Vado batteries and have ridden the big Vado for almost two years now, I estimate the batteries would be good for 4 years more. Vado SL is almost current (minus the new display), so it will do. Interestingly, CYH didn't present any new 45 km/h Euro e-bike.

I see a lot of whatā€™s happening in autos/trucks/ebikes as way overkill in my world. A lot of it is an effort to sell more services to get deeper and more consistently into your pocket.
One example on my Rav4 is remote start. Used to be you could just buy a generic auto start module or an OEM. Now Toyota forces you to activate and pay a monthly service fee just to have that capability. I donā€™t have it but I hear lots of complaints that it just doesnā€™t work well at all.

I see a lot of whatā€™s happening in autos/trucks/ebikes as way overkill in my world. A lot of it is an effort to sell more services to get deeper and more consistently into your pocket.
One example on my Rav4 is remote start. Used to be you could just buy a generic auto start module or an OEM. Now Toyota forces you to activate and pay a monthly service fee just to have that capability. I donā€™t have it but I hear lots of complaints that it just doesnā€™t work well at all.
Dallant,
I thoroughly enjoyed all your postings in this thread on your journey with the Allant +7. Iā€™m getting ready to order the Allant+ 7 or the Allant+ 7 Lowstep. The other outside choice may be the Allant+7S Stagger with the Bosch Performance Speed motor. I know your wife has the Lowstep and wanted to ask you after 2,000 miles how does the Bosch Performance CX motor work on bigger hills for your two bikes? From your postings it sounds like no issues. I live in a area with a lot of hills and my riding will mostly be done on public parks and trails.

Thank You!

Dallant,
I thoroughly enjoyed all your postings in this thread on your journey with the Allant +7. Iā€™m getting ready to order the Allant+ 7 or the Allant+ 7 Lowstep. The other outside choice may be the Allant+7S Stagger with the Bosch Performance Speed motor. I know your wife has the Lowstep and wanted to ask you after 2,000 miles how does the Bosch Performance CX motor work on bigger hills for your two bikes? From your postings it sounds like no issues. I live in a area with a lot of hills and my riding will mostly be done on public parks and trails.

Thank You!
You'll have no problem with big hills with the Allant+ 7 or 7s.

I looked back through the thread and I thought that someone had tried the extra battery. Maybe it was Dallant who just purchased an extra battery. I'm considering going for another battery and just wondering which is better, the auxiliary two battery system or just having a whole new battery to pop in. I rode a steep mountain road this weekend and ran out of battery power before the top while "saving" two bars for the ride back down. I have thoughts of doing some touring with this bike but don't always have campsites with available power for recharge.

It's already been pointed out, maybe in another thread, that carrying an extra battery is a bit awkward, although Dallant posted pictures of how he did it. He also posted how he waited forever for the battery.

I looked back through the thread and I thought that someone had tried the extra battery. Maybe it was Dallant who just purchased an extra battery. I'm considering going for another battery and just wondering which is better, the auxiliary two battery system or just having a whole new battery to pop in. I rode a steep mountain road this weekend and ran out of battery power before the top while "saving" two bars for the ride back down. I have thoughts of doing some touring with this bike but don't always have campsites with available power for recharge.
I have the extended range battery pack rather than a second power tube. I'm happy with the setup. You mount both batteries where they belong when starting your ride. Just ride all you want until both batteries are depleted.
I can't think of any negatives other than doing the install myself. The install is a PITA due to virtually nowhere to stuff the excess wiring harness.

I have the extended range battery pack rather than a second power tube. I'm happy with the setup. You mount both batteries where they belong when starting your ride. Just ride all you want until both batteries are depleted.
I can't think of any negatives other than doing the install myself. The install is a PITA due to virtually nowhere to stuff the excess wiring harness.
Thanks. Good info. I'm thinking that is the way I'll go. Do you have to have the extra range pack on there all the time?? I would not need it for my normal commuting duties

Thanks. Good info. I'm thinking that is the way I'll go. Do you have to have the extra range pack on there all the time?? I would not need it for my normal commuting duties
No, It does not have to be left on the bike. I leave it on since both batteries discharge simultaneously during a ride. This forces both batteries to cycle all of the time so the ERB pack isn't sitting around with a full charge or partial charge.

No, It does not have to be left on the bike. I leave it on since both batteries discharge simultaneously during a ride. This forces both batteries to cycle all of the time so the ERB pack isn't sitting around with a full charge or partial charge.
The other question I have is with the power left bars on the display. Is it showing total power left between both batteries??

Back