Allant+7 thoughts/review

Consider as well the componentry of the 7 is less rugged than the 8 & 9 so upgrades have always been an objective with every component maintenance replacement.

I'd call the difference in ruggedness marginal. They both use low to mid spec drivetrains (8 does get a chain made for an ebike where the 7 gets a standard). IME higher up the food chain means more features & lower weight - not usually less rugged nor reliable in the same brand unless bearings make the difference. 8 does get a higher spec rotor, but same brakes otherwise. Same seatpost and saddle. Same cockpit hard parts. Same rims and probably spokes. Hubs are pretty close.

The 7 gets a more useful rack. The 8 gets a bigger battery (big selling point there). 8 gets a better light if that matters to you. 8 is a little heavier somehow - probably the extra 18650 cells.

The 8 is definitely a superior trim level if you can overlook the lack of any suspension and the rack, but I'd want to address those immediately. Full rigid is a tough sell. I don't understand why Trek doesn't offer good suspension on a top end build. As soon as I get a little time I'm going to start looking into what I can put on the front of my 7 as a replacement. Either of these should be amazing with a good fork.

IMG_0657.jpeg

Hit 10,000 miles at the Georgia/Alabama state line ride. It is the turnaround spot on a 107 mile ride

Since the rebuild/upgrade of the rear wheel and drive train at about 5g it has been great! Not the biggest fan of Bosch motors but after a while I have gotten somewhat used to it . I do enjoy riding this bike.

Since the rebuild/upgrade of the rear wheel and drive train at about 5g it has been great! Not the biggest fan of Bosch motors but after a while I have gotten somewhat used to it . I do enjoy riding this bike.
Would you care to share why you're "not the biggest fan of Bosch motors"?
Enquiring minds need to know ..... :);)

Would you care to share why you're "not the biggest fan of Bosch motors"?
Enquiring minds need to know ..... :);)
Slowest, least powerful bike I have had owned except a Jetson Bolt from Costco. Takes too high of a cadence for my style of riding to get what little power it has. No user adjustment for torque sensor sensitivity on my model. Noisy for what it is imho and has a vibration which is “normal”. Not the best range when using high power per battery.
Vado 5.0 has less top end but felt a little more umph to it
Stromer, Bh, WattWagon all more power. Much!
Lectric 3.0 can out pull on hills
Lectric Xpremium drive train skips too much to compare maybe if it ever gets right …

Slowest, least powerful bike I have had owned except a Jetson Bolt from Costco. Takes too high of a cadence for my style of riding to get what little power it has. No user adjustment for torque sensor sensitivity on my model. Noisy for what it is imho and has a vibration which is “normal”. Not the best range when using high power per battery.
Lectric Xpremium drive train skips too much to compare maybe if it ever gets right …
if your lectric is out doing the bosch then either something is wrong or as you say your peddling way to slow. but even then the older bosch can climb 22% grades if your willing to put the effort into it. hell our tandem with only 63nm bosch motor can climb some serious hills 18% grades.

I'm climbing mad hills all day on a 7S. It is a bicycle, so you have to time your gear choices and assist levels wisely, but mine's a flippin mountain goat.

Yup, I'd say operator error....too slow of cadence and/or too tall of gear you're operating in.
My experience with Bosch? Over 30,000 miles , not km and have never had any issues with any hills. I keep cadence between 75 and 85 rpm most of the time and it works great, lasts a long time :)
Love the Bosch motor feel......very direct/sporty. I only use a derailleur/chain setup.

Love the operator error when someone asked for an opinion,smh. I am old slow person , the way Bosch has set their motors I find it not set to my liking. You went 30k , wahoo for you I have done more than that on non Bosch and like them better so? You feel the need to insult me because my tastes are different, hope your evening is better because of this.

My post stands I don’t like Bosch for the above reasons.And it doesn’t change because you think what wimpy is to me is sporty for you

I go up hills too , just slower than the other bikes…and I posted I have a slow cadence to begin…sheeze

The Lectric has a cadence sensor and small diameter tires, gets all the power the motor has as soon as you pedal so low cadence again.

I don’t know if I have ridden your comparison hills or any other similar traits in riding but I prefer other choices for motors, you all don’t need to get excited on the internet because I don’t like you favorite motor or justify why you opinion of a lessor powered machine is the correct one.

Back