Adding a throttle to non throttle bikes?

I just got the bike together so I haven't taken it on an all out ride yet. It's a 36V 15Ah. I think I paid $204 for it. I paid like $189 for the wheel/controller kit. I had the bike but bought two tires as an upgraded tire.

That said, it was a first attempt. If I had to put a lot of miles on it, would I? No. The old style brakes leave me wanting disc brakes. I plan on giving this to my son and building something better. Still the issue is continuous throttle. My last ride was 90% throttle. I'll build my next one also. I am looking for a lightweight cruiser type of frame. I will go front hub again as I like to be able to use gears on peddle portions. Disc brakes. I think I should be able to do it for $750 ish tops. Seems to me that is appx 1/2 of what a middling pre-built bike costs and it will do what I want it to do.
For that kind of money in a battery pack, you aren't getting name brand cells. Only time will tell on life cycle, but it's my experience that you absolutely get what you pay for with batteries.

Back