Creo 2 vs Cervelo Rouvida

Toman

Region
USA
Was planning on upgrading my Creo to Creo 2 this spring -- but now I'm definitely interested in Cervelo Rouvida.

Cervelo Rouvida runs Fazua Ride 60 motor found in Santa Cruz Skitch.

On paper Ride 60 has better specs than SL 1.2. Curious to hear real world ride comparisons.

Last edited:
I love this game I'd call "Repelling A Devil With A Satan" :) As the Spec competitors cannot get the SL motors, they are trying anything to get a competitive edge with either the Fazua or the TQ.

It's a long way to Tipperary :)

I was considering Skitch vs Creo 2, then few days ago saw announcement for Rouvida, but it seems doesn’t bring much to the table except for price increase. If I would go with Fazua, seems better to get Skitch.

Specialized is a lot more advanced on the e-bike/software side. Even little things like having the power controls right under the bars makes a difference.

Not sure about noise with the 1.2 vs the Ride 60 though.

That down tube already looks dated.

I‘ve got a Creo 2 Comp. So far, it’s the best bike of any kind I’ve ever owned…by a significant margin. Yesterday I rode about 110km and 1070m of elevation on it, with about 60% gravel, 20 tar seal, and the remainder a mix of lime path and tarmac. It was incredible comfortable throughout, the motor noise was almost non-existent other than when I was pushing it up the longest hill on the route, and the battery (which had charged to 80% when left home) was down to 3% by the time I got home again. I rode with power off quite a bit, especially on the downhills and smoother surfaces. I think if you’ve got the original Creo you’ll love this thing. I really recommend trying it.

Attachments

• 840E949C-0E40-4FE0-90DD-DA9402783377.jpeg
    840E949C-0E40-4FE0-90DD-DA9402783377.jpeg
    483 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_5040.jpeg
    IMG_5040.jpeg
    323.7 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_5048.jpeg
    IMG_5048.jpeg
    821.1 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_5047.jpeg
    IMG_5047.jpeg
    488.8 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_5037.jpeg
    IMG_5037.jpeg
    420.4 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_5051.jpeg
    IMG_5051.jpeg
    878.1 KB · Views: 216
I‘ve got a Creo 2 Comp. So far, it’s the best bike of any kind I’ve ever owned…by a significant margin. Yesterday I rode about 110km and 1070m of elevation on it, with about 60% gravel, 20 tar seal, and the remainder a mix of lime path and tarmac. It was incredible comfortable throughout, the motor noise was almost non-existent other than when I was pushing it up the longest hill on the route, and the battery (which had charged to 80% when left home) was down to 3% by the time I got home again. I rode with power off quite a bit, especially on the downhills and smoother surfaces. I think if you’ve got the original Creo you’ll love this thing. I really recommend trying it.
Is that stem GPS mount included with bike or you bought some?

I'm new here and much appreciate this thread, thank you Toman. Right now I'm most interested in these two bikes (I think the also mentioned Santa Cruz Skitch takes a boost rear wheel, a nonstarter for me) for my first ebike.

The Creo 2 checks all the boxes, including mild front suspension, remote emotor controls on bars, standard through axle sizes, and wide tire capability, but I'd love to test ride one so I'll start looking for a Specialized demo ride day either in nearby Boone, NC, USA or in Charlotte, which is just over two hours away.

I test rode a Cervelo once, and the fit, ride, and feel was fantastic. So while cost and tires (max width 43.5mm) of the cervelo Rouvida are negatives, the ride feel might be fantastic enough to win me over, for some road and much gravel fun. Dont know how often I'd switch it to road-mode, especially since that action might require LBS action. Demos for Cervelo are likely limited but I'll keep an eye out.

Perspective such as that from PetroK on the Creo 2 is superhelpful.
-Tom

I'm new here and much appreciate this thread, thank you Toman. Right now I'm most interested in these two bikes (I think the also mentioned Santa Cruz Skitch takes a boost rear wheel, a nonstarter for me) for my first ebike.

The Creo 2 checks all the boxes, including mild front suspension, remote emotor controls on bars, standard through axle sizes, and wide tire capability, but I'd love to test ride one so I'll start looking for a Specialized demo ride day either in nearby Boone, NC, USA or in Charlotte, which is just over two hours away.

I test rode a Cervelo once, and the fit, ride, and feel was fantastic. So while cost and tires (max width 43.5mm) of the cervelo Rouvida are negatives, the ride feel might be fantastic enough to win me over, for some road and much gravel fun. Dont know how often I'd switch it to road-mode, especially since that action might require LBS action. Demos for Cervelo are likely limited but I'll keep an eye out.

-Tom
If it helps, the Creo 2 goes from one surface to another seamlessly and without any adjustment needed to the bike whatsoever.

Thanks Mongoose, meant to credit you for that informative post on this thread but got my people mixed up. I may have more questions for you later, but these two bikes, Creo 2 and Rouvida, are all my focus right now. Super to hear great things about the Creo 2. Glad you’re enjoying it!
Thanks.

Thanks Mongoose, meant to credit you for that informative post on this thread but got my people mixed up. I may have more questions for you later, but these two bikes, Creo 2 and Rouvida, are all my focus right now. Super to hear great things about the Creo 2. Glad you’re enjoying it!
Thanks.
No worries - ask away.

-Tom
Forgot to add - the Creo 2 will take up to a 2.2” inch tire and comes with 47mm on it. It’s smooth.

It's too bad Specialized doesn't really make a road version of the Creo 2. It is certainly a great gravel bike, and does not really offer a road option. I just test rode and bought the Rouvida Rival road. I'm strictly a roadie, and the Cervelo Rouvida is such an awesome ride. Handles like a real road bike and the motor is so natural feeling, quiet, and powerful when needed. At 28 lbs, it's my new dream machine.

It's too bad Specialized doesn't really make a road version of the Creo 2. It is certainly a great gravel bike, and does not really offer a road option. I just test rode and bought the Rouvida Rival road. I'm strictly a roadie, and the Cervelo Rouvida is such an awesome ride. Handles like a real road bike and the motor is so natural feeling, quiet, and powerful when needed. At 28 lbs, it's my new dream machine.
Put a different wheelset on it (min 35mm rubber) and it’ll absolutely rip as a road bike. It pushes along at 40km/h on our crappy NZ tar sealed roads on the stock 47mm tires without any problem whatsoever.

Can't you people wait to 2025? :)

The Fazua motor has superior specs to Creo 1.2. 60Nm vs 50Nm. 450 max watts vs 320. 430 AHr battery vs 320... all for the cost of 1 pound of weight. At 28 lbs for a 54, the Rouvida is still lighter than the Creo 2. I like the tradeoff myself. Also, the Rouvida geometry is more pure road bike, with the option to change the geometry to gravel with the flip chips... what not to like?

The Fazua motor has superior specs to Creo 1.2. 60Nm vs 50Nm. 450 max watts vs 320. 430 AHr battery vs 320... all for the cost of 1 pound of weight. At 28 lbs for a 54, the Rouvida is still lighter than the Creo 2. I like the tradeoff myself. Also, the Rouvida geometry is more pure road bike, with the option to change the geometry to gravel with the flip chips... what not to like?
Two things I liked more about the 1.2 are the power delivery and noise (detailed this in another thread with a recording).

On my test ride, I never heard the Fazua motor... Also, Cervelo tweaked the power curve on the Rouvida, so it's different then the Santa Cruz Skitch. Bottom line, they are both great bikes, just personal preference.

Back