Creo 2 vs Cervelo Rouvida

Can the Fuzua battery be charged while still in the frame and can the power be turned on/off without taking the battery out?

The fact you have to go to a dealer for a firmware update to take advantage of the flip chip is ridiculous - and it’s limited to a far smaller tire size. The Creo 2 takes up to a 2.2”.

Can the Fuzua battery be charged while still in the frame and can the power be turned on/off without taking the battery out?
fazua makes versions with removable and permanently enclosed battery, the Rouvida version doesn’t have a removable battery, so it has a charge port like a specialized SL bike. obviously you can charge it and turn on/off :)

IMG_0514.jpeg

what strikes me about all these systems - specialized SL 1.1, 1.2, fazua, tq, mahle x20 is that they all operate in very, very similar ways. fazua appears to have a few more features, like the flip up USB C port on the top tube controller, and walk and boost modes, which most other lightweight systems don’t include.

the mastermind top tube controller/display of the 1.2 system is a plus for specialized, although one can debate the wisdom of important information being presented in that location.

from the rouvida:

IMG_0515.jpeg
IMG_0516.jpeg

fazua appears to have a few more features [...] and walk and boost modes, which most other lightweight systems don’t include.
Why does my Vado SL have the Walk mode then? (Please explain the Boost mode).

what strikes me about all these systems - specialized SL 1.1, 1.2, fazua, tq, mahle x20 is that they all operate in very, very similar ways. fazua appears to have a few more features, like the flip up USB C port on the top tube controller, and walk and boost modes, which most other lightweight systems don’t include.

the mastermind top tube controller/display of the 1.2 system is a plus for specialized, although one can debate the wisdom of important information being presented in that location.

from the rouvida:

View attachment 168431View attachment 168432

from the rouvida:

View attachment 168431View attachment 168432
you can choose what you see on the top tube - and that includes seeing almost nothing at all. The app lets you decide on which screens you can cycle through by clicking both blips at the same time, and you can use “stealth” mode which dims the display significantly. I barely look at it as I prefer my Garmin, but it can be interesting as a cross-check for speed, power etc.

you can choose what you see on the top tube - and that includes seeing almost nothing at all.
This is what a friend chose to see on his Wahoo, a gravel bike. As you say, he could absolutely do the same on the TCU 2 of the Creo 2.

1703480459791.png

And it absolutely doesn’t need one.
Why should anyone need a Walk Mode on a lightweight gravel e-bike remains a mystery to me. A gravel bike is to be carried in the need.

1703480670769.png

I’m guessing both boost and walk modes are standard on the Fazua system for the lightweight emtbs?
The SL 1.2 motor has the Walk mode capability (see the new Kenevo SL) but it is not implemented in the Creo 2 road remote.

On my test ride, I never heard the Fazua motor... Also, Cervelo tweaked the power curve on the Rouvida, so it's different then the Santa Cruz Skitch. Bottom line, they are both great bikes, just personal preference.
Since I'm riding on a Ghost Path Asket Pro with FazuaRide60 [ from the 1st Nov 2023 till now already 1500 km and 22000 mt elevation ] and before a BMC Roadmachine Amp01 with Mahle X20,I can assure the Fazua is not noisy at all [ pls note I mainly only use mod 1/Breeze to reduce my bpm on uphill within the max of 150 ].In term of assistance is also much more efficient than Mahle X20 and for sure even for the previous Specialized 1.1...All that said the best in class remain the TQ50 which is absolutely silent at all speed and level of assistance. Both FazuaRide60 and TQ are comparable in term of watt consumption and 0 drag effect without assistance. I was tempted by the Creo2 but here in Italy the waiting list was to long and no possibility to have a pre-test...

Since I'm riding on a Ghost Path Asket Pro with FazuaRide60 [ from the 1st Nov 2023 till now already 1500 km and 22000 mt elevation ] and before a BMC Roadmachine Amp01 with Mahle X20,I can assure the Fazua is not noisy at all [ pls note I mainly only use mod 1/Breeze to reduce my bpm on uphill within the max of 150 ].In term of assistance is also much more efficient than Mahle X20 and for sure even for the previous Specialized 1.1...All that said the best in class remain the TQ50 which is absolutely silent at all speed and level of assistance. Both FazuaRide60 and TQ are comparable in term of watt consumption and 0 drag effect without assistance. I was tempted by the Creo2 but here in Italy the waiting list was to long and no possibility to have a pre-test...
interesting report!

when you say “efficient” are you referring to the ratio of mechanical power to electrical power? if so i would love to see the data for that, would be kind of surprising if something was much more efficient than either of the SL motors - maybe a few % - but have you measured?

interesting report!

when you say “efficient” are you referring to the ratio of mechanical power to electrical power? if so i would love to see the data for that, would be kind of surprising if something was much more efficient than either of the SL motors - maybe a few % - but have you measured?
What's I referr to it's the level of support You can get/ obtain from the system.My comparison is made with the previous X20 Mahle which was a good system but with a limiting factor : on steep climb [ which I would rate from over 13% gradient ] the level of effective assistence was negligible or better to say , to get a concrete support the cadence should be kept at around 70-85 rpm which is not so obvious at those grade...More over via the Fazua App is easy to adapt & tailor the assistance to the personal need & preference...
My consolidate consuption with the FazuaRide60 are equivalent to 20% of battery each 500mt elevation gain [ 1.77 mt tall - 75 kg weight.....70 years old....].The GhostPathAsketPro's weight is 14.5 kg [ ready on road ] with tyres 700x38 ...My usual ride are for distances between 80-110 km and 1000-1500 mt elevation gain

It's too bad Specialized doesn't really make a road version of the Creo 2. It is certainly a great gravel bike, and does not really offer a road option. I just test rode and bought the Rouvida Rival road. I'm strictly a roadie, and the Cervelo Rouvida is such an awesome ride. Handles like a real road bike and the motor is so natural feeling, quiet, and powerful when needed. At 28 lbs, it's my new dream machine.
This.

Don't start at motor specs when choosing a bike. Start at the frame specs. You don't ride the motor, you ride the frame. The Rouvida is much more in the endurance road category. Creo 2 is on the more upright end of gravel bikes. Quoted post above knows the Rouvida is better for his roadie preferences. I on the other hand am in love with my Salsa Cutty. I love the high stack, slack head angle, huge tires and long wheelbase. It's so comfy and safe all day on rough surfaces.

Think about this: road bikes in general give away comfort and stability in trade for aero (aka speed) and quickness. Opposite for a geo like the Creo 2. I totally get loving road bikes! But for me, with a motor added I'll go as fast as I care to go anyway, and the bike will be supernaturally quick. Why not then sit more comfortably on a more stable and better brake bike?

Just took delivery on my Cervelo Rouvida Rival and had inaugural ride yesterday. I am extremely impressed. I wanted a road bike (not a gravel bike) with a finely tuned frame. I live in the Sierra Mountains, so it's all about going up hill and blasting down. I was not disappointed by the geometry, handling (not twitchy in the least) or the motor. It was very comfortable and stable for my 72 year old body, and had all the power I needed. I was also impressed by the 1x gearing. With the 46 up front, and a 10-44, I've got the same range as a compact. The two missing gears (12, 14) were not an issue. I don't run in a paceline anyway. I know this is a specialized forum all about the Creo 2, but if you want a real road ebike, check out the Rouvida.

Back