Creo 2 vs Cervelo Rouvida

Just took delivery on my Cervelo Rouvida Rival and had inaugural ride yesterday. I am extremely impressed. I wanted a road bike (not a gravel bike) with a finely tuned frame. I live in the Sierra Mountains, so it's all about going up hill and blasting down. I was not disappointed by the geometry, handling (not twitchy in the least) or the motor. It was very comfortable and stable for my 72 year old body, and had all the power I needed. I was also impressed by the 1x gearing. With the 46 up front, and a 10-44, I've got the same range as a compact. The two missing gears (12, 14) were not an issue. I don't run in a paceline anyway. I know this is a specialized forum all about the Creo 2, but if you want a real road ebike, check out the Rouvida.
awesome report ! you should make a longer ride report in the general discussion section. would love to hear more. i assume you have the flip dropouts in “road” configuration

I did just acquire a Rouvida, except for a quick test drive the winter weather has not allowed riding yet. The motor was very quiet with plenty of pep. Can't wait to get it out and test on some hills around my area, especially the boost option to get me up those nasty 15-20% humps. More to follow.

I did seriously consider the new Creo but those models are not available now, was told April maybe. Thinking about what I ride which is heavier road than gravel I think the Rouvida leans more to the road with a nod to the gravel and the opposite for the Creo. Looking to get a second set of wheels that lean to gravel without needing to switch the drops, maybe 35ccs like Vittrolia Torreno Drys. Planning to ride them on the Erie Canal Trail which is a mix of packed cinder and pavement.

Just took delivery on my Cervelo Rouvida Rival and had inaugural ride yesterday. I am extremely impressed. I wanted a road bike (not a gravel bike) with a finely tuned frame. I live in the Sierra Mountains, so it's all about going up hill and blasting down. I was not disappointed by the geometry, handling (not twitchy in the least) or the motor. It was very comfortable and stable for my 72 year old body, and had all the power I needed. I was also impressed by the 1x gearing. With the 46 up front, and a 10-44, I've got the same range as a compact. The two missing gears (12, 14) were not an issue. I don't run in a paceline anyway. I know this is a specialized forum all about the Creo 2, but if you want a real road ebike, check out the Rouvida.
I just took delivery as well and hoping the Fazua motor will take some of the stress off going up those hills. Have you heard anything about the range extender battery? I was told hopefully in the spring.

Hi, here You can find the official feedback received from Fazua Europe to my specific request about the extender.I suppose the picture should be the same even for the oversea countries .
Congratulations for Yours new Rouvida very interesting , I'm owing a Ghost Path Asket Pro , a gravel german bike equipped with the new FazuaRide60. From Nov 2023 till today already ridden 2.000 km mainly in hilly contest.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240208_080007_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20240208_080007_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 69
Six Week Review on Cervelo Rouvida Rival Road: It's winter here in northern California, so limited riding, but still got in 350 miles. I live in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains at 2700 ft elevation, so most of my rides are 100'/mile of climbing. Most rides in winter are 25-40 miles, 2500-4,000 feet of climbing. All hard surfaces. Bottom line - I love the bike on every level, met all my requirements for specs. The geometry has a fairly short wheel base, so it is very responsive but not the least twitchy. It carves corners on the mountain downhills with a real sense of the road. Feels like a carbon analogue bike. Uphill is very comfortable and the motor is supreme... more on that later.

The light weight motor/battery and where it site in the frame is very balanced. I am 5'7" and the medium size fits me perfectly. I am usually a bit small for a medium, but I'm very happy with the fit. It's a relaxed fit with a great cockpit. The carbon aero bars are awesome, I love the flat top platform. The motor controls on the drops are easily reachable with the thumbs of my small hands when I'm on the hoods. All the specs on the components are a good match for the bike. I can't believe the Red version is $3k more just to add carbon wheels, and upgrade from Rival to Red. This is my first 1x bike - always rode 2x compacts, but the gearing is almost identical range with the 10-44 12 speed cassette. The key is the 46t chain ring, it makes the range work. Most 1x road bikes have 42t or 44t, so the 46t makes it all work for me. It's fast on the downhills and plenty of low gearing for the uphills. I routinely ride 8-12% grades and the occasional 20-24% with no problem. Very stable in all conditions. I am enjoying the 1x and don't miss the front derailleur, and the gearing gaps are not an issue at all. Maybe if I rode in a peleton the cadence might be an issue, but with an ebike, I enjoy the simplicity. The tires are 30mm, and this is only thing I would change - I have 32mm on my Synapse Neo 1, and it's a bit more forgiving. But - the 30's are fine and give more of a road feel.

On another note, if I comapre this 28 lb Cervelo to my old 40 lb Cannondale Synapse Neo 1, it's like comparing a Porche (who actually owns Fazua motors) to my Dad's '63 Chevy Impala. They both get you there, but one is pure fun, the other is soft and cushy!! The only other change I made is the saddle - I put on my favorite Avatar 143, but that's just my old bones talking.

As far as the bike's detailing - it is first class. No exposed cables, elegant lines, everything in the carbon frame is beautiful and designed with total integration. I'm an architect - I think it's a work of art. Everyone I meet comments on the clean lines and look. Plasma Blue color is also a winner.

Now.... down to the motor. The Fazua Ride60 motor met my pre-purchase spec with 60Nm, 450 W max, 430 AHr battery. It did not disappoint. There is plenty of power at all levels and I really like the Fazua app for creating custom power reponses. I have used the standard default setup, which is a bit toward the more powerful side. I created lower power setups because I often ride with accoustic bikes, and don't want to just ride away from my friends. The higher power level setups I use when I'm riding with other ebikes and we just want to go fast... it does fast without problem. So much fun!! For mileage, I have gone 45 miles running in the River #2 power level, and pushing it pretty hard in the mountains for almost 3 hours, and used 85%. I feel if I run in the lower power level with modest support, I can probably get 60-70 miles no problem, and in the mountains. I'm planning a 75 mile ride in the spring, and will report back. . . I came from a Bosch motor on my Synapse Neo, and the Fazua is superior in my opinion. It is much quieter, the bike feels like a real bike with me just being stronger! It is seemless when I pedal, stand, go over 28 mph, always. The motor noise is almost non-existent. Unlike the Bosch. The only thing more the Bosch has is 4 levels vs 3, but I don't miss it. The Bosch motor feels like a motor on your bike, the Fazua is almost transparent - just you pedaling a bike. I really like the Fazua app, and run it on my phone on my stem holder. It shows the usuall speed, distance, time, cadence, battery % but also shows rider power and motor power output in an easy graphic. It also shows power level by the color of the power display (green, blue, red). Well thought out. Very nice app. Creating custom power set ups is easy.

The only glitch I have had is the motor has become a little noisier after it has warmed up for 10-15 miles. Is is dead quiet at the start, then starts to make a bit of grinding noise (not gears but something expanded in ther motor). It did not effect the ride, but it certainly was not as quiet as the start of the ride. So, I took it into the dealer, they ran a diagnosis, sent the report to Fazua and they sent a new motor for the dealer to install. It gets installed on Tuesday, so I'm confident all will be fine. I'll update after the switch.

Other note, I have not used the gravel bike drop outs and don't plan to, I'm a roadie.... So, hope you enjoyed my review and I'll update as things move forward, Keep on keepin' on!

Six Week Review on Cervelo Rouvida Rival Road: It's winter here in northern California, so limited riding, but still got in 350 miles. I live in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains at 2700 ft elevation, so most of my rides are 100'/mile of climbing. Most rides in winter are 25-40 miles, 2500-4,000 feet of climbing. All hard surfaces. Bottom line - I love the bike on every level, met all my requirements for specs. The geometry has a fairly short wheel base, so it is very responsive but not the least twitchy. It carves corners on the mountain downhills with a real sense of the road. Feels like a carbon analogue bike. Uphill is very comfortable and the motor is supreme... more on that later.

The light weight motor/battery and where it site in the frame is very balanced. I am 5'7" and the medium size fits me perfectly. I am usually a bit small for a medium, but I'm very happy with the fit. It's a relaxed fit with a great cockpit. The carbon aero bars are awesome, I love the flat top platform. The motor controls on the drops are easily reachable with the thumbs of my small hands when I'm on the hoods. All the specs on the components are a good match for the bike. I can't believe the Red version is $3k more just to add carbon wheels, and upgrade from Rival to Red. This is my first 1x bike - always rode 2x compacts, but the gearing is almost identical range with the 10-44 12 speed cassette. The key is the 46t chain ring, it makes the range work. Most 1x road bikes have 42t or 44t, so the 46t makes it all work for me. It's fast on the downhills and plenty of low gearing for the uphills. I routinely ride 8-12% grades and the occasional 20-24% with no problem. Very stable in all conditions. I am enjoying the 1x and don't miss the front derailleur, and the gearing gaps are not an issue at all. Maybe if I rode in a peleton the cadence might be an issue, but with an ebike, I enjoy the simplicity. The tires are 30mm, and this is only thing I would change - I have 32mm on my Synapse Neo 1, and it's a bit more forgiving. But - the 30's are fine and give more of a road feel.

On another note, if I comapre this 28 lb Cervelo to my old 40 lb Cannondale Synapse Neo 1, it's like comparing a Porche (who actually owns Fazua motors) to my Dad's '63 Chevy Impala. They both get you there, but one is pure fun, the other is soft and cushy!! The only other change I made is the saddle - I put on my favorite Avatar 143, but that's just my old bones talking.

As far as the bike's detailing - it is first class. No exposed cables, elegant lines, everything in the carbon frame is beautiful and designed with total integration. I'm an architect - I think it's a work of art. Everyone I meet comments on the clean lines and look. Plasma Blue color is also a winner.

Now.... down to the motor. The Fazua Ride60 motor met my pre-purchase spec with 60Nm, 450 W max, 430 AHr battery. It did not disappoint. There is plenty of power at all levels and I really like the Fazua app for creating custom power reponses. I have used the standard default setup, which is a bit toward the more powerful side. I created lower power setups because I often ride with accoustic bikes, and don't want to just ride away from my friends. The higher power level setups I use when I'm riding with other ebikes and we just want to go fast... it does fast without problem. So much fun!! For mileage, I have gone 45 miles running in the River #2 power level, and pushing it pretty hard in the mountains for almost 3 hours, and used 85%. I feel if I run in the lower power level with modest support, I can probably get 60-70 miles no problem, and in the mountains. I'm planning a 75 mile ride in the spring, and will report back. . . I came from a Bosch motor on my Synapse Neo, and the Fazua is superior in my opinion. It is much quieter, the bike feels like a real bike with me just being stronger! It is seemless when I pedal, stand, go over 28 mph, always. The motor noise is almost non-existent. Unlike the Bosch. The only thing more the Bosch has is 4 levels vs 3, but I don't miss it. The Bosch motor feels like a motor on your bike, the Fazua is almost transparent - just you pedaling a bike. I really like the Fazua app, and run it on my phone on my stem holder. It shows the usuall speed, distance, time, cadence, battery % but also shows rider power and motor power output in an easy graphic. It also shows power level by the color of the power display (green, blue, red). Well thought out. Very nice app. Creating custom power set ups is easy.

The only glitch I have had is the motor has become a little noisier after it has warmed up for 10-15 miles. Is is dead quiet at the start, then starts to make a bit of grinding noise (not gears but something expanded in ther motor). It did not effect the ride, but it certainly was not as quiet as the start of the ride. So, I took it into the dealer, they ran a diagnosis, sent the report to Fazua and they sent a new motor for the dealer to install. It gets installed on Tuesday, so I'm confident all will be fine. I'll update after the switch.

Other note, I have not used the gravel bike drop outs and don't plan to, I'm a roadie.... So, hope you enjoyed my review and I'll update as things move forward, Keep on keepin' on!
Thank for the review very much interesting and detailed.
While I'm not the sharing the same brand , being Cervelo not popular & common down here in Italy ,I share with You the positive experience with the FazuaRide60:till now from November 2023 more than 1.300 miles ridden for a total elevation gain of more 100.000ft.
My standard journey are for 65mile & 5.000ft elevation gain.
My engine setup are now the follows:
Breeze: 90watts x120watts rider
River. 200watts x225watts rider
Rocket 300wattsx150watts rider
Being my e-bike 30 lbs [ Ghost Path Asket Pro ] on flat I do not use any support,Breeze from 3% till 10% gradient, River over 10% till 20%.
Rocket never tested yet.
I'm 5'8" x 165lbs .
How did You set your assistence?
Enjoy your ride !

Nice review here on the Spanish BH iAerolight road bike. Quiet and small BH in-house designed Mid drive (2.1kg) with 65nm, 2x, carbon frame, 410Wh battery and is under 27lbs/11.9kg. And BH have a FIVE year motor warranty. Yako the reviewer here owns an Orbea Gain & does lovely rides through rural Catalonia, landscape looks amazing. Living in Spain, occasionally Orbea and now BH send him other bikes to try out. I have no idea how far the reach of BH is internationally, but this does look like it hits the sweet spot for road e bikes- if a bit pricy.

Thank for the review very much interesting and detailed.
While I'm not the sharing the same brand , being Cervelo not popular & common down here in Italy ,I share with You the positive experience with the FazuaRide60:till now from November 2023 more than 1.300 miles ridden for a total elevation gain of more 100.000ft.
My standard journey are for 65mile & 5.000ft elevation gain.
My engine setup are now the follows:
Breeze: 90watts x120watts rider
River. 200watts x225watts rider
Rocket 300wattsx150watts rider
Being my e-bike 30 lbs [ Ghost Path Asket Pro ] on flat I do not use any support,Breeze from 3% till 10% gradient, River over 10% till 20%.
Rocket never tested yet.
I'm 5'8" x 165lbs .
How did You set your assistence?
Enjoy your ride !
I set my assistance very similar to yours.
Breeze: 93w / 116 w rider
River: 200w / 125 w rider
Rocket: 296w /100 w rider
If I ride alone, I usually stay in Breeze except for very steep hills, over 15%. I'm 5'-7 and 150 lbs.
If I ride with other ebikes that like to go fast, I use River.
I only use Rocket when I am done with my ride and want to spin and cool down.
I'm happy to hear you like the Fazua Ride 60 and have a lot of miles into it. Ciao!

It was quite difficult to find an e-road/e-gravel equipped with the FazuaRide60 ,as the major part are e-mtb [ or light-eMTB], so far once I decided to leave my previous BMC Roadmachine Amp 01 with Mahle X20,the sole alternative was the GhostPathAsketPro as both Cervelo and Santa Cruz not available.
For my rides the FazuaRide60 is performing better than the X20 offering a stronger support when necessary .After 3 months the engine performance shows 3.300 ft/ elevation gain for a 30% battery consumption ,so far I could forecast more than 9.000 ft with the 430watt battery.
As the extender shall become probably available during the last part of Q4/24....the Summer season in the Alps is safe

great review, thank you for sharing! nice to hear about all the various lightweight road options that are available these days.

UPDATE ON MOTOR REPLACEMENT I had a noisy motor after it warmed up, as I mentioned in my post above. Fazua sent my LBS a new motor and they replaced it last week (2 hours on the shop to change it out and sync with Fazua). All is good after 3 rides of 20-30 miles each. As quiet as it should be. Good response from my LBS and Fazua.

Hi, unfortunately my GhostPathAsketPro was incurring in a serious technical problem which was involving both engine and frame.After several discussions in between seller and producer it has been agreed to ship back to Germany for a deep check before to execute the warranty and this it could take at least few months. Luckily my reseller was smart enough to understand the situation and he was offering to bargain the <returned Ghost> against a prompt to deliver Cervelo Rouvida...So far I accepted the deal and now I can ride this new baby. Enclosed the pictures from my today's ride...Really a very reactive and performing bike very well supported by the FazuaRide60 which I have settled at 95w for 110w rider in Breeze which is the main/ sole assistance I use.The average consumption is for 20% battery each 750 mt altitude gain...[ this is unchanged as for the Ghost].Very much satisfied. Rgds
IMG_20240415_113315_822.jpg
IMG_20240415_112515_979.jpg
IMG_20240415_113408_995.jpg

Back