ZEN PHOTON-ONE SMOOTH RIDING E BIKE

Bula

Region
Canada
I have been an e bike owner for 11 years and cycled on 10 or more makes/models of e bikes,3 of which I owned and the rest being rental units while on cycling holiday's. Having ridden my ZEN PHOTON step through some 700 Km’s over the past month ,I can say without question that this is the smoothest most comfortable riding bike that I have experienced.
The detailed specs have been elsewhere posted on the E-bike forum and suffice it to say that the Zen Photon has nothing but quality components which include Gates carbon belt drive, throttle ,,Enviolo CVT, 5 levels of pedal assist ,a motor that produces 120Nm of torque and hydronic brakes that can stop you on a dime .
The bike was ridden both on gravel cycling paths and paved roads where I enjoyed a smooth comfortable ride on both surfaces .
Ravi’s experience with the design and development of e bike motors makes me very comfortable in my decision to purchase a Zen Photon ,

Thanks for your kind words, Wayne!
Zen team is committed to serving customers like yourself.

PS: Wayne just completed a Gran Fondo over the past weekend here in Nova Scotia.

1694473956078.png
1694473966113.png

My wife has had her Photon for a couple of weeks and overall thinks it's a great ebike. She previously owned a Bulls ebike, with the Bosch Gen 4 motor, and also liked that bike, but missed having a throttle.
The one complaint she does have is with the display. She finds it hard to read, and it's very basic, lacking many features that came with her Bosch powered ebike.
Unfortunately, with Bafang's new Can Bus setup changing the display is not an easy process.

Her bike was damaged in transit. The UPS driver must have dropped it off the truck a number of times.
Zen is sending her a new bike. Now that is service. 👍

My wife has had her Photon for a couple of weeks and overall thinks it's a great ebike. She previously owned a Bulls ebike, with the Bosch Gen 4 motor, and also liked that bike, but missed having a throttle.
The one complaint she does have is with the display. She finds it hard to read, and it's very basic, lacking many features that came with her Bosch powered ebike.
Unfortunately, with Bafang's new Can Bus setup changing the display is not an easy process.

Her bike was damaged in transit. The UPS driver must have dropped it off the truck a number of times.

Hi Ron,
We are in the midst of setting up a dealer in Vancouver. We have identified an energetic entrepreneur in Vancouver and he will be delivering your bike to you fully assembled.
We will also have Wave and other bikes in Vancouver for test rides starting Sep 25th.

I have been an e bike owner for 11 years and cycled on 10 or more makes/models of e bikes,3 of which I owned and the rest being rental units while on cycling holiday's. Having ridden my ZEN PHOTON step through some 700 Km’s over the past month ,I can say without question that this is the smoothest most comfortable riding bike that I have experienced.
The detailed specs have been elsewhere posted on the E-bike forum and suffice it to say that the Zen Photon has nothing but quality components which include Gates carbon belt drive, throttle ,,Enviolo CVT, 5 levels of pedal assist ,a motor that produces 120Nm of torque and hydronic brakes that can stop you on a dime .
The bike was ridden both on gravel cycling paths and paved roads where I enjoyed a smooth comfortable ride on both surfaces .
Ravi’s experience with the design and development of e bike motors makes me very comfortable in my decision to purchase a Zen Photon ,
I have an order in to purchase the Photon. How is the saddle? Any other pros or cons?

@Bula and @Deacon Blues
Interested in getting more details on how the Pedal assist feels on the bike.
  • How directly proportional to the pedal pressure it feels, coming on proportionally when you press on the pedal, and off when releasing that pressure.
  • Any experience of that on uneven off road terrain, where the pedaling effort and speed changes rapidly.
  • At the opposite, how does it feel when cruising on road.
  • How many levels of assistance?
  • Any accessible setting to customize the behavior of the pedal assist.

Any other feedback to understand the feeling of the pedal assist on all types of terrain and usage would be welcome
Thanks

Last edited:
As noted in my previous thread , the Zen Photon is without question the smoothest e bike of the dozen or more models that I have ridden .Have been on a variety of terrain, cycle paths, paved and gravel as well as roads of varying undulations and the bike has always provided a very smooth ride .My bike has Zen 500 W motor ,Gates belt and the Enviolo CVT which contributes greatly to the ease and comfort ride of this bike -after some 1000 K’s ( 600 miles ) have no regrets with the purchase ..

Back