Bosch Connect Module (GPS)

AvalancheRun

Region
USA
Curious if some members could shed light on the Bosch Connect module. It appears to be a $100 device that can be stuffed in the motor housing to provide GPS tracking and navigation.

Does navigation work well via the Kiox or Nyon displays?

How does the alarm function work?

Does the device require its own ongoing cell service subscription?

Does a user install really void the motor warranty?

Are there any other Bosch modules to consider?

it only works on the smart system. 1 year free on the connection then you pay a yearly fee.. but it is not like a garmin or such.

It looks like the ConnectModule is nested under the "eBike Alarm" page even though the module provides more than just the alarm.

They decline to list the price and instead say to check the app store. I have the Bosch Flow app installed and set up, but because I don't have a bike connected yet (it's on order), I can't see the price.

I've got to say, the Bosch makes it way too difficult to understand their products.

cost is going to vary around the world. here is one price

Already included in the purchase price are twelve months of use of the Bosch eBike Alarm. If you would like to continue using the ConnectModule to its full extent after the 12 months, fees of €4.99 per month or €39.99 per year will apply. After the first included year, the eBike Alarm does not automatically become subject to charges.

I'm bumping this thread. Has anyone had experience with the Bosch eBike Alarm and ConnectModule? It is selling here in Australia for approximately AU$ 159. I'm not sure as to what the ongoing subscription charge will be.

I am looking at it as a tracking device.

Curious if some members could shed light on the Bosch Connect module. It appears to be a $100 device that can be stuffed in the motor housing to provide GPS tracking and navigation.

Does navigation work well via the Kiox or Nyon displays?

How does the alarm function work?

Does the device require its own ongoing cell service subscription?

Does a user install really void the motor warranty?

Are there any other Bosch modules to consider Issaquah Residential painting Contractor?
Hi, within the Geocaching App (Android in my case), it is possible to navigate to a cache. The app suggests me e.g. "Waze" or "Komoot" to navigate. But I would love to see the "eBike Connect" App from Bosch as well to be able to navigate with my bike to the location of the Cache. Is that somehow possible?

Hi, within the Geocaching App (Android in my case), it is possible to navigate to a cache. The app suggests me e.g. "Waze" or "Komoot" to navigate. But I would love to see the "eBike Connect" App from Bosch as well to be able to navigate with my bike to the location of the Cache. Is that somehow possible?
It might be, but in my experience Nav on the bike display is finicky. Better to mount your phone to the handlebars for this.

Hello all, I just installed the Bosch Connect Module kit (BDU33YY) on my 2023 Gazelle Ultimate C380, which has the performance line motor. Install was easy however when I went to reinstall the cover, it no longer fits. The module install bulges out the plastic cover when I try to reinstall it. There is no mention of having to install a different cover and it certainly does not come with the kit if it is required. Can find anything on the Bosch site so I’m wondering if anyone else has encounter this problem?

Hello all, I just installed the Bosch Connect Module kit (BDU33YY) on my 2023 Gazelle Ultimate C380, which has the performance line motor. Install was easy however when I went to reinstall the cover, it no longer fits. The module install bulges out the plastic cover when I try to reinstall it. There is no mention of having to install a different cover and it certainly does not come with the kit if it is required. Can find anything on the Bosch site so I’m wondering if anyone else has encounter this problem?
You may have to reorganize the wiring in there. It’s a bit of a messy solution imo, but it should fit.

You may have to reorganize the wiring in there. It’s a bit of a messy solution imo, but it should fit.
Thanks for the reply. Tried that to no avail. However, I did find, in very tiny print in the Connect Module manual, that in fact you do need a new cover which they refer to as the “ConnectModule design cover” left side. Google that and you’ll find that it is out of stock pretty much everywhere. Interestingly they don’t advertise that fact before you purchase the ConnectModule.

Thanks for the reply. Tried that to no avail. However, I did find, in very tiny print in the Connect Module manual, that in fact you do need a new cover which they refer to as the “ConnectModule design cover” left side. Google that and you’ll find that it is out of stock pretty much everywhere. Interestingly they don’t advertise that fact before you purchase the ConnectModule.
Wow, I never came across that bit of info. What a bummer!

Wow, I never came across that bit of info. What a bummer!
As a follow up, I did email Bosch USA support and they did confirm they indeed make “one” cover that fits the performance motor when the connect module is installed, however; I have to check with a Gazelle dealer to see if it will fit a Gazelle bike. Will advise if and when I get that answer.

Thanks. I was just about to buy the connect module for my Gazelle Ultimate C380. How much is the “bulge”?

When I google the design cover it looks very different from the Gazelle engine cover. I have attached my engine cover and a photo of the bosch design cover

Attachments

• IMG_0084.png
    IMG_0084.png
    146.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 20240317_130415.jpg
    20240317_130415.jpg
    421.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Thanks. I was just about to buy the connect module for my Gazelle Ultimate C380. How much is the “bulge”?

When I google the design cover it looks very different from the Gazelle engine cover. I have attached my engine cover and a photo of the bosch design cover
The bulge is quite substantial, I’d estimate 1+ inch where the module mounts. I have confirmed with both Bosch and Gazelle that a new cover is required. Bosch gave me the part number EB11.200.03X and Gazelle confirmed this part number will fit. It does look quite different and the one you posted is, I believe, the correct part. Also note that it must fit the left side as there are two other parts with very similar part numbers for the right side. However, I was not able to find a supplier online that had stock available but Gazelle assured me that one of their dealers would be able to source the part. Will find out once I call my local Gazelle dealer.

OK, I’ve ordered the module and design cover from Germany (I live in Denmark). I’ll let you know when I have tried it out on my bike. ETA 5 days.

Design cover: EB1120003X https://www.bike-discount.de/en/bosch-design-cover-for-performance-line-left-bcm
Connect Module BDU33YY: EB1390000Z https://www.bike-discount.de/en/bosch-connect-module-for-smart-system-performance-line

The local Bosch bike dealer wanted 250-300 Euro for the parts and installation, so I thought I might as well try to do it myself.

OK, I’ve ordered the module and design cover from Germany (I live in Denmark). I’ll let you know when I have tried it out on my bike. ETA 5 days.

Design cover: EB1120003X https://www.bike-discount.de/en/bosch-design-cover-for-performance-line-left-bcm
Connect Module BDU33YY: EB1390000Z https://www.bike-discount.de/en/bosch-connect-module-for-smart-system-performance-line

The local Bosch bike dealer wanted 250-300 Euro for the parts and installation, so I thought I might as well try to do it myself.
Great would appreciate knowing whether it works. I am in the process of trying to find a source who has them in stock here in North America, I am in Canada, and my local Gazelle dealer is, as yet, not able to source it by the Bosch part number but still trying. Online vendors seem to be out of stock. May have to find a Europe source that can ship to Canada.

You will likely have to pay a Bosch dealer to activate the power port to use the connect module. The extra ports are off by default. Of course, this can be tested without the cover.
If you bought your bike at that dealer, they should do it for free.

Great would appreciate knowing whether it works. I am in the process of trying to find a source who has them in stock here in North America, I am in Canada, and my local Gazelle dealer is, as yet, not able to source it by the Bosch part number but still trying. Online vendors seem to be out of stock. May have to find a Europe source that can ship to Canada.
Just noticed your installation quote comment. That seems quite excessive for literally a five minute install. Instructions are quite clear and there are a few You Tube videos that show exactly how it’s installed albeit on the CX motor but the connections wire are exactly the same.

You will likely have to pay a Bosch dealer to activate the power port to use the connect module. The extra ports are off by default. Of course, this can be tested without the cover.
If you bought your bike at that dealer, they should do it for free.
Are you sure about that? The youtube guides mentions nothing about an extra port. To me it looks like this module just plugs-in between the display an engine with the cable marked with red. It seems to be a 15 minute thing. Only thing I worry about is the engine cover. I'm not convinced it will fit on the Gazelle Ultimate c380 bike.

Back