Warning about Eunorau

yippyfingers

Region
USA
When you purchase an ebike from Eunorau, it is important for you to understand the Terms of Service. Basically, they cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of anything on their website. This means that ,for example, if you order a bike which is supposed to have torque sensing, you may get a bike that has cadence sensing rather than torque sensing, as happened to me. After you assemble your new ebike, you are no longer able to return it to them within their return period, so you are stuck with it (again, in their Terms of Service). Some people might call this "bait and switch". If you complain to the Nevada Consumer Affairs Office about this business practice, you will get no relief, because you are operating under Eunorau Terms of Service. Caveat emptor! What has this world come to?

That sucks. I almost purchased a bike from them.

If you can't work something out with Eunorau, you may want to reach out to your credit card company. They often provide some protection against vendors who didn't provide the product or service promised.

Agreed. Try contacting your credit card provider. With some patience and persistent you should get some help.
Please post how it turns out.

When you purchase an ebike from Eunorau, it is important for you to understand the Terms of Service. Basically, they cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of anything on their website. This means that ,for example, if you order a bike which is supposed to have torque sensing, you may get a bike that has cadence sensing rather than torque sensing, as happened to me. After you assemble your new ebike, you are no longer able to return it to them within their return period, so you are stuck with it (again, in their Terms of Service). Some people might call this "bait and switch". If you complain to the Nevada Consumer Affairs Office about this business practice, you will get no relief, because you are operating under Eunorau Terms of Service. Caveat emptor! What has this world come to?
Yip yip,
Cadence PAS do have a 'minor' torque sensing feature because of electrical properties in the motor/controller system.
I'll not attempt explanation because you are disgruntled over what you read on the internet.
MV

What model did you order?

That sucks. I almost purchased a bike from them.

If you can't work something out with Eunorau, you may want to reach out to your credit card company. They often provide some protection against vendors who didn't provide the product or service promised.
One thread here, and a fellow I helped bought a bike from them with firmware that wouldn’t run on 52V. Their answer was but a 48v battery. When a firmware flash will solve the issue.

i believe a different style sensor is a large difference, i would be very upset. I have read enough things just on this site I would not buy this brand anyway, hoping for good results for you somehow.

Yip yip,
Cadence PAS do have a 'minor' torque sensing feature because of electrical properties in the motor/controller system.
I'll not attempt explanation because you are disgruntled over what you read on the internet.
MV
Maybe you could enlighten us. My understanding is that a cadence sensor works like a switch, turning the power assist on or off at a fixed level determined by your PAS setting. There is a delay in turning the power on, and a delay in turning it off. I notice both and have found both delays to be dangerous at times, especially when riding a single track on a steep hill with curves. I don't know how you see any torque sensing involved here. I have not yet learned to tap the brakes when I cease pedaling, as that should turn off the motor instantly.

What model did you order?
FAT-HS. The initial reviews, as well as advertising, talked about a torque sensor. I believe that Eunorau changed their frame from an ugly brown/green one to the current one, while at the same time changing the motor and the sensor without letting us know about the changes.

Agreed. Try contacting your credit card provider. With some patience and persistent you should get some help.
Please post how it turns out.
I used PayPal and they were not able to deal with the problem because they do not cover purchases of "motor vehicles". They consider an ebike to be a motor vehicle. I am stuck with this ebike.

Most of the threads in this sub forum look to be from Eunorau...'EUNORAU-EBIKE'. Hopefully they are reading this thread. Maybe you should create another one for your review of the 'FAT-HS' and give your feelings about it being advertised as torque sensing but being cadence....

Keep posting on this thread. There are two Eunorau facebook user groups.

Share your story there as well........

Hopefully their approach cost them future sales and customers.... or maybe they will change their minds??

I used PayPal and they were not able to deal with the problem because they do not cover purchases of "motor vehicles". They consider an ebike to be a motor vehicle. I am stuck with this ebike.
So with PayPal was it a bank transfer or credit card funded. The latter still allows for the issuing bank to assist.

On the other hand... Both systems have pro/cons.
What motor is on the bike?

So with PayPal was it a bank transfer or credit card funded. The latter still allows for the issuing bank to assist.

On the other hand... Both systems have pro/cons.
What motor is on the bike?
I used PayPal with my bank account supplying the funds, not my credit card, so I am out of luck there. The motor is a BBSHD Bafang 615, as I recall. Whatever it is, it cannot be fitted with a torque sensor. I haven't mentioned the Eunorau "warranty" in any of my posts, but that is something people should check out also. If there is anything other than the frame that is covered by their "warranty", I haven't seen it or understood it.

I used PayPal with my bank account supplying the funds, not my credit card, so I am out of luck there. The motor is a BBSHD Bafang 615, as I recall. Whatever it is, it cannot be fitted with a torque sensor. I haven't mentioned the Eunorau "warranty" in any of my posts, but that is something people should check out also. If there is anything other than the frame that is covered by their "warranty", I haven't seen it or understood it.
Not the answer that you'd prefer... But do you know if it is the motor has the being phased out UART controller or the new CANBUS controller. The easiest way to tell is by looking at the display plug. The UART is round, the CANBUS is 5 sided.
The UART can be tweaked by end user programming and that can make it very user friendly and customizable.
Perhaps a small silver lining....

Not the answer that you'd prefer... But do you know if it is the motor has the being phased out UART controller or the new CANBUS controller. The easiest way to tell is by looking at the display plug. The UART is round, the CANBUS is 5 sided.
The UART can be tweaked by end user programming and that can make it very user friendly and customizable.
I thought that was for Ultra not H-D?

Mine is round indeed. Thanks for the input.

👎

Maybe you could enlighten us. My understanding is that a cadence sensor works like a switch, turning the power assist on or off at a fixed level determined by your PAS setting. There is a delay in turning the power on, and a delay in turning it off. I notice both and have found both delays to be dangerous at times, especially when riding a single track on a steep hill with curves. I don't know how you see any torque sensing involved here. I have not yet learned to tap the brakes when I cease pedaling, as that should turn off the motor instantly.
I've ridden a couple of ebikes with "torque sensing" Bafang mid-motors, and the power-down delay you mention was similar to that of their cadence sensing systems. Unlike Bosch-Shimano-Yamaha-Brose etc, whose power shuts off immediately when you stop pedaling, this can indeed be dangerous on twisty, technical singletrack.

In my experience, Bafang's torque sensing motors' power delivery was also either on or off regardless of how hard I pedaled. In other words, pedaling lightly does not provide lighter assistance than pedaling hard, which on MTB trails is something I very much appreciate from the less powerful but far more more sophisticated "big name" brands.

Bafang's torque sensor merely turns the motor on upon light pedal pressure (don't rest your feet on the pedal!), rather than waiting for the crank to pass a couple of cadence sensing magnets. The only advantage I feel that Bafang's torque sensing motors have is that they engage more quickly than the ones with cadence.

Back