Warning about Eunorau

I've ridden a couple of ebikes with "torque sensing" Bafang mid-motors, and the power-down delay you mention was similar to that of their cadence sensing systems. Unlike Bosch-Shimano-Yamaha-Brose etc, whose power shuts off immediately when you stop pedaling, this can indeed be dangerous on twisty, technical singletrack.

In my experience, Bafang's torque sensing motors' power delivery was also either on or off regardless of how hard I pedaled. In other words, pedaling lightly does not provide lighter assistance than pedaling hard, which on MTB trails is something I very much appreciate from the less powerful but far more more sophisticated "big name" brands.

Bafang's torque sensor merely turns the motor on upon light pedal pressure (don't rest your feet on the pedal!), rather than waiting for the crank to pass a couple of cadence sensing magnets. The only advantage I feel that Bafang's torque sensing motors have is that they engage more quickly than the ones with cadence.
Which motors? For clarity it’s helpful to know.

I believe you can dispute Paypal payments for up to 180 day, regardless of payment. I had a douche bag file a fraudulent claim on me right at the 180 day mark. Fortunately they lost their dispute. While the protection does not cover "motor vehicles" (e.g. autos sold on ebay) you can make the case that ebikes are not motor vehicles.

I've ridden a couple of ebikes with "torque sensing" Bafang mid-motors, and the power-down delay you mention was similar to that of their cadence sensing systems. Unlike Bosch-Shimano-Yamaha-Brose etc, whose power shuts off immediately when you stop pedaling, this can indeed be dangerous on twisty, technical singletrack.

In my experience, Bafang's torque sensing motors' power delivery was also either on or off regardless of how hard I pedaled. In other words, pedaling lightly does not provide lighter assistance than pedaling hard, which on MTB trails is something I very much appreciate from the less powerful but far more more sophisticated "big name" brands.

Bafang's torque sensor merely turns the motor on upon light pedal pressure (don't rest your feet on the pedal!), rather than waiting for the crank to pass a couple of cadence sensing magnets. The only advantage I feel that Bafang's torque sensing motors have is that they engage more quickly than the ones with cadence.
Kinda of a long way to say that you are unaware of how to program the motor correctly.

Mine is round indeed. Thanks for the input.
Pick up a Programing Cable and download the pc software or you can use the phone app which will require an OTG Adapter for your phone.
There's quite a few threads on here or just search BBSHD Programing through Google for an explanation of settings.
Hacker's Guide

For your immediate concerns.
IMG_20210731_065313_197.JPG

On page 2: Pedal Assist
Set the Start Degree to 1 for immediate power up on pedaling
Set the Stop Delay to 1 (not sure if it accepts 0) for immediate power down when you stop pedaling.
Once you tweak these and other settings I think you'll be happy with the motor.
I know how frustrating it is not getting what you expected... but with very poor translation from Chinese, a little bit of extra effort and research is required by the purchaser of these products.

What a crock of s*it.

What a crock of s*it.
This has turned into a very helpful thread. Haystacks, would you please give your take on how the Bafang torque sensing should work? As I recall, torque sensing is available on the Bafang Ultra motor (and I think Eunorau now offers it on a more expensive bike, but naturally I would never buy from them again). My understanding is that torque sensing should provide power proportional to the force applied to the pedal, rather than being an on/off thing.

I believe you can dispute Paypal payments for up to 180 day, regardless of payment. I had a douche bag file a fraudulent claim on me right at the 180 day mark. Fortunately they lost their dispute. While the protection does not cover "motor vehicles" (e.g. autos sold on ebay) you can make the case that ebikes are not motor vehicles.

Thanks. I am beyond 180 days and it never occurred to me to dispute the PayPal finding.

This has turned into a very helpful thread. Haystacks, would you please give your take on how the Bafang torque sensing should work? As I recall, torque sensing is available on the Bafang Ultra motor (and I think Eunorau now offers it on a more expensive bike, but naturally I would never buy from them again). My understanding is that torque sensing should provide power proportional to the force applied to the pedal, rather than being an on/off thing.
I don't need to give you my take on how Bafang torque sensing works as you already know and have elucidated your knowledge correctly, it's the brand fanboys that need to curate their knowledge a little better.

Pick up a Programing Cable and download the pc software or you can use the phone app which will require an OTG Adapter for your phone.
There's quite a few threads on here or just search BBSHD Programing through Google for an explanation of settings.
Hacker's Guide

For your immediate concerns.
View attachment 96097
On page 2: Pedal Assist
Set the Start Degree to 1 for immediate power up on pedaling
Set the Stop Delay to 1 (not sure if it accepts 0) for immediate power down when you stop pedaling.
Once you tweak these and other settings I think you'll be happy with the motor.
I know how frustrating it is not getting what you expected... but with very poor translation from Chinese, a little bit of extra effort and research is required by the purchaser of these products.

I don't need to give you my take on how Bafang torque sensing works as you already know and have elucidated your knowledge correctly, it's the brand fanboys that need to curate their knowledge a little better.
I liked the crock of s*it version better. 🤣 🤣 🤣

Hi, The FAT-HS comes with a M615 Mid motor, that is cadence sensor. We are apologized that one of old YouTube review on internet made wrong review and said it is an torque sensor. But the review is a true review, we never ask them to change something we want say in the video. Hope you guys can understand. Torque sensor bike specter S is 3799 can pre-order and deliver at the end of September or early October. Thanks for your support. What’s your order number or name? So we can check? Any other questions, please email to [email protected]
Oh really???? Did you ever advertise your FAT-HS ebike as having a torque sensor? Simple question. Yes or no.

Hi, you can look the previous topic from our forum, when we made the bike with a 48/52V motor, the customers complain the battery showing not full issue, when we make it with 48V FW motor, people complain the bike don’t support 52V battery. So sometimes is very difficult to satisfied all customers. Thank you
Bullshit. Controller firmware can be flashed to run both voltages. Another excuse.

That's the wrong review before, we just copy it from that site, we apologize about that wrong review

Old review: https://www.electrifiedreviews.com/...ic-bike-review-the-cadillac-of-fat-tire-e-mtb (video 3:33 said torque sensor, it is wrong)

New Review: https://www.electrifiedreviews.com/...y-85-mile-range-full-suspension-electric-bike
Sure, now you have a correct review. You also have a correct ad now, but your old review and ad were all that was available when I ordered my FAT-HS in December of 2020. And are you saying that the original version of the FAT-HS (with the ugly green/yellow/brown frame) never had a torque sensor? Are you saying that the reviewer didn't know what he was talking about? Why did your ad claim that there was a torque sensor?

All the links work except the last...sure seems edited to me...
Yes, somebody has already edited that ad since I posted the link earlier today. At least you can still see the part that I copied and pasted for you to see, the part where a torque sensor is claimed. I also have screen shots and pictures of their older ad.

Maybe you could enlighten us. My understanding is that a cadence sensor works like a switch, turning the power assist on or off at a fixed level determined by your PAS setting. There is a delay in turning the power on, and a delay in turning it off. I notice both and have found both delays to be dangerous at times, especially when riding a single track on a steep hill with curves. I don't know how you see any torque sensing involved here. I have not yet learned to tap the brakes when I cease pedaling, as that should turn off the motor instantly.
Notice This : (if your bike displays Watts (power) the system sends more power on hills:

" power provided by the motor when used in PAS mode will increase, if it detects the load has increased then reduce again as the load goes back to a constant level. "
LOOK IT UP YOURSELF.
🍿😉
Obsess Much?

Last edited:
Back