Warning about Eunorau

LOOK IT UP YOURSELF.
🍿😉
Obsess Much?
Well that was helpful.

3B47AB37-2798-4AAD-811A-955E60597449.gif

FAT-HS. The initial reviews, as well as advertising, talked about a torque sensor. I believe that Eunorau changed their frame from an ugly brown/green one to the current one, while at the same time changing the motor and the sensor without letting us know about the changes.
LMAO! Fat HS has always been a Cadence sensor bike and it still is! you have no idea what your even talking about! Every rendition of the Fat HS has been a Cadence bike including the "ugly brown/green, Fat HS are BBSHD powered bikes with Cadence sensor Fat Spectra is Torque sensor m620. This is nothing new.

I believe I read that all the motors are being reworked and released now with CANBUS controllers.
His issue has nothing to do with this, OP is very confused and thought Fat HS were Ultra powered bikes just because he saw "1000w middrive"! Fat HS have never ever had Ultras they are BBSHD bikes! I feel sorry for Eunorau having to deal with customers like this, just complete fountains of misinformation.

LMAO! Fat HS has always been a Cadence sensor bike and it still is! you have no idea what your even talking about! Every rendition of the Fat HS has been a Cadence bike including the "ugly brown/green, Fat HS are BBSHD powered bikes with Cadence sensor Fat Spectra is Torque sensor m620. This is nothing new.
How do you know this? Have you had hands-on with the original ugly bike? Surely you don't question that it was advertised as having a torque sensor. I have proven that part. And the original review by EBR said that it had a torque sensor, and the reviewer raved about how natural the pedaling felt with the torque sensor. Then Eunorau changed the frame of the bike, and now it is being sold with the cadence sensor. My entire point has been that I ordered the bike expecting that it had a torque sensor, because of the ads and the review. I don't know if the original ugly bike had a torque or cadence sensor. How do you know?????

How do you know this? Have you had hands-on with the original ugly bike? Surely you don't question that it was advertised as having a torque sensor. I have proven that part. And the original review by EBR said that it had a torque sensor, and the reviewer raved about how natural the pedaling felt with the torque sensor. Then Eunorau changed the frame of the bike, and now it is being sold with the cadence sensor. My entire point has been that I ordered the bike expecting that it had a torque sensor, because of the ads and the review. I don't know if the original ugly bike had a torque or cadence sensor. How do you know?????
1)i know because i research bikes before i go and purchase them 2) Brent getting a fact wrong in a review video is nothing new and has nothing to do with Eunorau who have never said Fat HS have Torque sensors and 3) Not that it even matters but yeah i have an Older Fat HS sitting 10 feet away from me.

Simple.
Notice This : if your pitiful bike displays Watts (power) the pas system sends more power on hills:

" power provided by the motor when used in PAS mode will increase, if it detects the load has increased then reduce again as the load goes back to a constant level. "

1)i know because i research bikes before i go and purchase them 2) Brent getting a fact wrong in a review video is nothing new and has nothing to do with Eunorau who have never said Fat HS have Torque sensors and 3) Not that it even matters but yeah i have an Older Fat HS sitting 10 feet away from me.
Well, that was actually helpful. Now I know that the original FAT-HS had a cadence sensor, which means that Brent made a mistake. Eunorau advertised the FAT-HS as having a torque sensor. You can look in this thread and see where I copied and pasted their ad. Eunorau immediately went in and changed the ad, thus trying to revise history. So your statement above (that "Eunorau never said Fat HS have torque sensors") is simply wrong. Also, Brent's review is pertinent because Eunorau cited it in their advertising, even if it was wrong. Also, you are not the only one who does "research" before purchasing an bike. In fact, if your "research" had been as thorough as mine, you would probably have expected your FAT-HS to have a torque sensor. Otherwise, how did you expect otherwise? Were you able to do a test ride before buying?

The New Fat HS clearly with a BBSHD, no Ultra
FAT-HS19_10_1024x1024.jpg

The old Fat HS still the same BBSHD, no motor change at all.

1628782793282.png

This is the Spectra with an Ultra, the Motor mounts different.
1628783150210.png

You like your bike, Awesome. You recognized that it wouldn't have a torque sensor, good on you. It doesn't change the fact that Euronau had an advertisement that specifically stated the bike had torque sensing (posted in thread). The OP saw that and bought the bike. After calling the company out for the advertisement they edited the linked webpage and tried to play Jedi mind tricks instead of just owning a small error on the site and offering to make it right for this customer.

This didn't have to become a big deal.

You like your bike, Awesome. You recognized that it wouldn't have a torque sensor, good on you. It doesn't change the fact that Euronau had an advertisement that specifically stated the bike had torque sensing (posted in thread). The OP saw that and bought the bike. After calling the company out for the advertisement they edited the linked webpage and tried to play Jedi mind tricks instead of just owning a small error on the site and offering to make it right for this customer.

This didn't have to become a big deal.
Thank you for your support, JakEmAll. My point in this thread was to point out that Eunorau has terms of service which supposedly made them able to post inaccurate claims on their website with impunity. Eunorau has even come into this thread and claimed that they never advertised the FAT-HS as having a torque sensor. That takes some nerve! I was a victim of their advertising, and a victim of a misleading review which Eunorau had pointed to. Anybody considering doing business with this company should read their terms of service, and their "warranty" too. Also, be aware that if you purchase one of their bikes and then assemble it, you can no longer return it under their 2 week return policy, even if you haven't ridden it. Don't be like me. Caveat emptor!

His issue has nothing to do with this, OP is very confused and thought Fat HS were Ultra powered bikes just because he saw "1000w middrive"! Fat HS have never ever had Ultras they are BBSHD bikes! I feel sorry for Eunorau having to deal with customers like this, just complete fountains of misinformation.
This I know... If you read the entire thread you would see that I was only answering someone else's somewhat related question.

@yippyfingers .
I'm sorry but I have to agree with @ElevenAD.
You misread the web page.
The top of the advertisement that you referred to is just links to other products that they sell and this is clearly not part of the product description. This is an advertising practice done by... Well... Everyone selling anything on the internet since it's inception.
As far as relying on a third-party review for your information... That again falls on you. The reviews new and old that Eunorau posted here both state cadence sensor.... So if you have a link to some other, please link it as I haven't come across it.

Not trying to beat you up about this... But from what I've seen the error is yours.
On the bright side the HD is still a good motor and tweaked correctly I think you'll be happy.

The webpage that I copied and pasted from was specifically for the FAT_HS, but I will submit the picture below for further proof of my point. I took a picture of the specification page for the FAT-HS, and you can see (hopefully) at the bottom it shows the sensor type as "torque sensor". This is their posted specification! Also, the original review by Brent specifically talks about the bike as having a torque sensor! I have a recording of that if you wish to hear it! I just did a quick search online for the original review and cannot find it. All copies of it must have been removed, but I have it recorded.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20210226_104410_Film1.jpg
    thumbnail_20210226_104410_Film1.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 276
The webpage that I copied and pasted from was specifically for the FAT_HS, but I will submit the picture below for further proof of my point. I took a picture of the specification page for the FAT-HS, and you can see (hopefully) at the bottom it shows the sensor type as "torque sensor". This is their posted specification! Also, the original review by Brent specifically talks about the bike as having a torque sensor! I have a recording of that if you wish to hear it! I just did a quick search online for the original review and cannot find it. All copies of it must have been removed, but I have it recorded.
Edit: actually the Eunorau people were good enough to post the original review earlier in this thread. At 2:20 the reviewer starts talking about the virtues of the torque sensing on the FAT-HS, which apparently was mistaken?

If you have the webpage... Print it in its entirety as a pdf... Or even better as a .jpg so you can post it here.
Not suggesting that you are lying.. but I just don't see it anywhere and when you post just the top or just the bottom it's a bit ambiguous.

O.K. Here is the rest of it. I had to take 2 pictures because the specification page was so long. I don't have it in any other form. Now do you believe me?

Attachments

• thumbnail_20210226_104316_Film1.jpg
    thumbnail_20210226_104316_Film1.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 257
Edit: actually the Eunorau people were good enough to post the original review earlier in this thread. At 2:20 the reviewer starts talking about the virtues of the torque sensing on the FAT-HS, which apparently was mistaken?

Watched the video... And you are correct he does say Torque sensor.
BUT
If you read the review, it says SPEED Sensor.. aka Cadence
And it's a third party, not Eunorau mis_speaking. So the over zealous d_bag to inflate his YouTube appeal is talking fast, mistakenly and is obviously more concerned about being cool than accurate.

O.K. Here is the rest of it. I had to take 2 pictures because the specification page was so long. I don't have it in any other form. Now do you believe me?
It's not a matter of believing you.. It's a matter of being able to help you.
What is it exactly that you are taking screen shots of? Is it a current webpage? A saved web page? An order confirmation email? A price quote?

i know it sucks but its still the reviewers error even though Eunorau need to remove the vid from youtube and their website, i know there is a language barrier and they may not catch everything but if they are going to feature a review they should make sure the reviewer knows what he is talking about, your not the first to be fooled, this happened to @El_Binco not long ago, he thought his HS would have a torque sensor i tried to soften the blow, hope he believed me.

It's not a matter of believing you.. It's a matter of being able to help you.
What is it exactly that you are taking screen shots of? Is it a current webpage? A saved web page? An order confirmation email? A price quote?
That was the specification page at the time that I ordered my FAT-HS. It probably doesn't exist anymore. I don't have a saved webpage or .pdf, but the pictures are proof from that time period. The order confirmation didn't say anything about specs. You cannot help me at this point. I am trying to help others by showing how Eunorau operates. I have proven that they originally advertised the FAT-HS as having a torque sensor. The third party video that they pointed to was apparently wrong about the torque sensor. Now Eunorau still denies that they advertised the FAT-HS as having a torque sensor (see earlier in this thread). Caveat emptor.

Back