Day6 Samson e-bike Review: Grandma’s speedy low rider e-bike

FlatSix911

Region
USA
City
Silicon Valley
I like this concept... more accessibility is a good thing. 😉

Day6 is a bike company on the path to electrify their bike lineup. Although the bike is made for accessibility, the detail that has gone into the geometry and design really shine through in a race-car feeling. Day6 bikes are new to me and I believe new to a lot of the electric bike community as well. I think they have the potential to take the market by storm.

This electric bike is very new and very good. Although it amounts to conversion at the moment, it’s still worth a good look. What if I told you that this total tractor seat comfort bike could hold over 400lbs, corner like a sports car, and allows more riders into electric cycling? The Day6 totally does. I want to focus on the ride aspect since it’s absolutely amazing. After that, we’ll talk about some of the livability issues I’ve had, and then the bright future for the bike.

Day6 Electric Samson tech specs
  • Motor: Bafang BBSHD Mid-Drive
  • Battery: 36V 13.8Ah, integrated into frame
  • Range: 25-50 miles (40-80km)
  • Gearing: 1×8 Speed Shimano Deore 11-32 Tooth
  • Frame: Aluminum
  • Tires: 26×2.35 Kenda Kahn
  • Price: $3,679 MSRP
  • Extras: Completely unique hybrid/recumbent frame, wide seat footprint with rear seat rest, high BMX handlebars, full-color display, 180mm hydraulic TRP disc brakes

There was one of these used listed locally on Facebook Marketplace. I had never heard of them and it looked odd so I didn’t even go look at it. Now I wish I had.

There was one of these used listed locally on Facebook Marketplace.

I had never heard of them and it looked odd so I didn’t even go look at it. Now I wish I had.

Yes, it's definitely an interesting concept... an upright seat back cruiser with a pedal forward design. 😉

With a weight limit of 400 lbs combined with a step-through frame, it should get more people on eBikes!

1595694220628.png

I'm digging on their Behemoth Fattie model . Looking now for one to go ride and probably buy . Bike alone or the e-bike . I have mids I can put in one .

Well here is my fckn black cloud again . This idiot quit making the Behemoth . Said he didnt sell enough . I told him it was because nobody knows about them and thats why they didnt sell . His response was lame as he tells me advertising is expensive . Hey bud , you want to sell bikes or not ?!!!! I told him about these new places called Facebook , Instagram , YouTube, CL and more that are free . I tell you these manufacturers are their own worst enemies . Rant over , looking for another perfect for me bike .

Back