2023 - Our Rides in Words, Photos, Maps and Videos

IMG_0349.jpg
IMG_0346.jpg

An old friend from the other side of town finally came by to try out his ebike on my backroads. He (another Joe) has put about 300 miles on his BeCool in about nine months which reflects his primarily interest which is riding his old fishing spots along the Outer Banks. We had a fine 14 mile ride with an intriguing stop the local carvers shop. Since my friend carves the occasional eagle the two got along fine. inside, as you can see, was cluttered with marvels. I think I'm in the market for perhaps that tall thin Indian. I've tried in the past to get the wood sculptor to make me a donkey like his Bugs Bunny but he never took me seriously.

Attachments

• IMG_0350.jpg
    IMG_0350.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0345.jpg
    IMG_0345.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0356.jpg
    IMG_0356.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0355.jpg
    IMG_0355.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0351.jpg
    IMG_0351.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0352.jpg
    IMG_0352.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0347.jpg
    IMG_0347.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 74
Too hot for a ride, what I really mean is too many people on the roads and at the nice spots.
So I finally found the slow puncture on my front tyre.
Screenshot_20230617-000255.png

Then I bought some cheap paint and touched everything up, including the chain..Im sure it will be fine .
Screenshot_20230617-000354.png

Found a dead jellyfish or Katie Price has lost one of her implants.
Katie..or Jordan as she is known, is a british carcrash of a celebrity who bounces from one disaster to another and now decided she is going to have the biggest bloobs in England.
Search for her at your own risk
Screenshot_20230617-000520.png

I presume this is the same type of jellyfish
Screenshot_20230617-000604.png

I waved to this guy and he just blanked me, the ever present gulf between ebike and acoustics..or maybe he didnt like the camera.
Screenshot_20230617-000632.png

Havent seen a dead Seal for years, this thing absolutely stank, a putrid, fishy reek that burned into your nostrils.
Screenshot_20230617-000731.png

These notices are new and Im sure its due to those bleedin Surrons being used on the beach and Ive also seen 4x4 tracks ..not that I havent done that myself in my youth, but the beach was open then for motor vehicle use.
Now its all elf and safety, everyone around here over 50 learnt to drive on this beach.
Screenshot_20230617-000856.png

It was so hot, you got that dreamy feeling, like you were transported to a mirage in the Sahara.
I just sat there staring and the heat quiver off the dunes after taking this pic.
The black frame was too hot to touch and the tyres inflated themselves to rock hard.
Screenshot_20230617-000507.png

That's just @RAB and a very few others doing the mega miles , plenty of casual riders on EBR won't clock anywhere near that many miles ... I don't even put that many miles on a car in a year.
I would be embarrassed to say what my odometers read on my bikes compared to some of the go getters on EBR!

Too hot for a ride, what I really mean is too many people on the roads and at the nice spots.
So I finally found the slow puncture on my front tyre.
View attachment 156100

Then I bought some cheap paint and touched everything up, including the chain..Im sure it will be fine .
View attachment 156101

Found a dead jellyfish or Katie Price has lost one of her implants.
Katie..or Jordan as she is known, is a british carcrash of a celebrity who bounces from one disaster to another and now decided she is going to have the biggest bloobs in England.
Search for her at your own risk
View attachment 156102

I presume this is the same type of jellyfish
View attachment 156103

I waved to this guy and he just blanked me, the ever present gulf between ebike and acoustics..or maybe he didnt like the camera.
View attachment 156104

Havent seen a dead Seal for years, this thing absolutely stank, a putrid, fishy reek that burned into your nostrils.
View attachment 156105

These notices are new and Im sure its due to those bleedin Surrons being used on the beach and Ive also seen 4x4 tracks ..not that I havent done that myself in my youth, but the beach was open then for motor vehicle use.
Now its all elf and safety, everyone around here over 50 learnt to drive on this beach.
View attachment 156106

It was so hot, you got that dreamy feeling, like you were transported to a mirage in the Sahara.
I just sat there staring and the heat quiver off the dunes after taking this pic.
The black frame was too hot to touch and the tyres inflated themselves to rock hard.
View attachment 156107
Really hate to hit like on that post, but even in the miserable weather, you were out and going. That's worthy of a 👍.

I'm up :)
Everything's (except the nutrients from the fridge) packed. Now I can wait for my transport (Jacek) at 7 am.
Last evening (out of boredom), I have gone through the starting list (both distances, that is, 160 and 300 miles). Out of around 600 riders, 56 are female. Now, the list of the most popular male first names of Poland :D

Marcin (Martin) 41
Michał (Michael) 38
Piotr (Peter) 37
Tomasz (Thomas) 34
Paweł (Paul) 32
Łukasz (Luke) 24
Jakub or Kuba (James) 19
Jan (John) 19
Maciej (Matthias) 18
Krzysztof (Christopher) 17
Kamil 17
Bartek, Bartosz, Bartłomiej (Bartholomew) 16
Adam 15
Rafał (Raphael) 15
Robert 13
Mateusz (Matthew) 13
Wojciech (Adalbert) 12
Artur (Arthur) 11
Marek (Mark) 11
Grzegorz (Gregory) 10
Andrzej [or Andrii or Andrei: our Eastern neighbours] (Andrew) 9
Jacek (Hiacinthus) 8
Stefan (Steven) 2
Aureliusz (Aurelius) 1.

No single Jerzy (George) or Jeremiasz (Jeremy) in the list! :D

Last edited:
I did 15 miles this morning, near perfect weather, 75 degrees and light winds. Another picture looking down the road I just came down. Corn on the left, corn on the right. If we don’t get rain soon it’s not going to look this good for long.
IMG_2139.jpeg

Meanwhile somewhere in East Mazovia...

20230617_083134-02.jpeg

I started at 9:05 am in Group 37 (a starting group could be 15 riders max according to the Road Code, mine was eight people).
20230617_175412-01.jpeg

The pitstop near to the Liw Castle, that is, after the half of the distance to be ridden.

Many adventures! I crashed while still in Warsaw (some 30th kilometre). Minor injuries but it was the helmet that saved my head! ALWAYS WEAR THE HELMET!

A difficult race. The Gravel Tax is expensive here with many surprises planned by the organizers!

151 km ridden on Saturday. According to the last Control Point, i am in the tail of the 255 km race (252 riders) 😊 It is the dawn now (4 am). I and Jacek took an overnight stay at a ranch. I'm restarting my ride very soon. Perhaps I wouldn't be the last rider at the finish line? 😊

The full story with pictures later!

Well done Stefan! That's an epic undertaking. Hope you survived the crash without any lingering injuries.

90 minutes on a Sunday evening was all I could carve out for a ride this busy weekend. It's the first time I've properly done single-track solo at night. It was a blast! Slightly unnerving at times, but I startled the wildlife as much as they started me.

Fast, flowy track seems to be my preference with this kind of visibility. I was finding it hard to commit to lines on tighter technical trails. Outstanding fun, I just wish I could convince someone to ride with me 😄

IMG_20230618_185224.jpg
IMG_20230618_192118_1.jpg
IMG_20230618_194713.jpg

Dearest Friends,

Past 11 am on Sunday, I have completed the Mazovian Gravel race with the distance ridden of 263 km (163 mi) in the net time of 12 h 17 min (gross time 26 hours 48 min).
It was a very difficult race, with the difficulties increasing the more you were into the ride. No boredom whatsoever!

1687097233724.png

The Polish text reads: 'East Mazovia'.

The results are not final yet but I promise you I left several contenders in the dust :D I was racing on the second day! :)

I will be happy to write a decent ride report for you. At the moment, I only dream of a shower and getting some sleep! (The race was just epic).

Last edited:
Dearest Friends,

Past 11 am on Sunday, I have completed the Mazovian Gravel race with the distance ridden of 263 km (163 mi) in the net time of 12 h 17 min (gross time 26 hours 48 min).
It was a very difficult race, with the difficulties increasing the more you were into the ride. No boredom whatsoever!

View attachment 156170
The Polish text reads: 'East Mazovia'.

The results are not final yet but I promise you I left several contenders in the dust :D I was racing on the second day! :)

I will be happy to write a decent ride report for you. At the moment, I only dream of a shower and getting some sleep! (The race was just epic).
👍Just waiting for your report.

Back