2021–2022 Riese & Müller Homage

• Thread starter Deleted member 18083
  • Start date
It's really all about expectations. I think Riese & Muller and all of us would be better served not having those bike codes with build dates. They only serve to set expectations that they fail to meet, often repeatedly, and create a high level of discontent before we even get to use the product. My dealer told me to expect my 2021 Homage in late January '21 (they were told this by R&M), but the bike code pointed to a late October '20 build date, then late November, and now late December. Clearly R&M was sharing more reliable information and explanations for the holdup with my dealer (there's an issue with the Homage frames). So you have to wonder -- why have these silly bike codes that simply mislead and disappoint us?
What is the issue with the frames? Delays in manufacturing?

What is the issue with the frames? Delays in manufacturing?
I wrote to R&M asking why the repeated delays, and they wrote back: “unfortunately the frame production on the new Homage started slower than planed and our manufacturer had some issues to so that frames expected at a certain time where either not available or usable.”

I wrote to R&M asking why the repeated delays, and they wrote back: “unfortunately the frame production on the new Homage started slower than planed and our manufacturer had some issues to so that frames expected at a certain time where either not available or usable.”
Perhaps the dual battery down tube is proving problematic 🤔.

My status has updated!!!

1607371172175.png

Really weird- mine now shows “In Production “ but the same dates

Bike currently in production​

Your Homage GT vario is expected to be produced between January 25th, 2021 and January 29th, 2021.

Hey what's the deal here. I ordered a Multicharger Vario 2021 but my dealers says he can't get a code for me until they start production. How did you get this information? You had a code given to you?

Hey what's the deal here. I ordered a Multicharger Vario 2021 but my dealers says he can't get a code for me until they start production. How did you get this information? You had a code given to you?
Yes
i got a bike code on my invoice from the dealer

Yes
i got a bike code on my invoice from the dealer
Your dealer gets the code when the order is placed. You may have to ask him/her for it. Keep in mind that these codes are really an awful drug. They cause you to check repeatedly for your build date, and when that date finally arrives, Riese & Muller will add another month to it. This will happen many times and can go on for months. This has now happened three times to me. You have been warned!

Thanks for that information. So I am to assume he hasn't placed the order yet. He said they don't get codes until the bike manufacture commences but I think they are building up their orders before they actually order a lot of Riese Muller product.

Is there anyone else here who has ordered a Multicharger Mixte Vario and have a code??

You ordered some time ago if I recall. Your dealer should have ordered the bike then. There’s no excuse or reason to delay that I can figure.
Tell them others got their bike codes immediately after the bought the bike and you want yours.

OK thanks Peter...I will chat with them tomorrow. You know the dealer we are talking about then. They updated their website and have a means of contacting them and that's what I did. I requested an explanation.

Perhaps the dual battery down tube is proving problematic 🤔.
No, all the new frame types are delayed (Homage, Roadster, Packster 70, etc). It's not due to design issues, just new product manufacturing being delayed by supply chain shortages and labor restrictions due to Covid.

You ordered some time ago if I recall. Your dealer should have ordered the bike then. There’s no excuse or reason to delay that I can figure.
Tell them others got their bike codes immediately after the bought the bike and you want yours.
Sounds like a great way to jump-start a reputation for being a high-maintenance customer.

@TimJohn, Dealers have no say or control over the order in which bikes are built at the factory. We've always ordered our bikes promptly, in the order in which they're paid for, and they often show up out of order. R&M manufactures bikes in batches, and they're juggling a lot of new challenges this year especially due to Covid.

I got a response from my dealer regarding the Mulitcharger Mixte Vario that I ordered September 11, 2020. The package that I ordered is delayed until at least April because I requested a chain lock and bag. They have an order for the same model/options without the chain lock and bag that will come earlier (one month). The reason is the chain lock and bag is back ordered. Welcome to Covid life eh!

I opted to wait since I already have a couple of e-bikes and since our government is going to eliminate the 7% PST on all e-bikes, this is worth while waiting a month or so. The NDP budget and decision of implementing this is due sometime in the spring.

I opted to wait since I already have a couple of e-bikes and since our government is going to eliminate the 7% PST on all e-bikes, this is worth while waiting a month or so. The NDP budget and decision of implementing this is due sometime in the spring.
PST ?
NDP ?

Provincial sales tax (PST) which is 7% in The Canadian province of British Columbia. New Democratic Party (NDP) our current provincial government that was just elected as a majority in early October 2020.

The package that I ordered is delayed until at least April because I requested a chain lock and bag.
  • Back in September, my Brisbane R&M dealer advised against ordering the 2021 Homage with the front bag for just this reason: you'd have to wait forever just to get on the waitlist.
    Does anyone know what the front bag will be like?
  • It's a pity that a frame lock cannot be fitted because of the restrictions imposed by the rear swing arm.
    Has anyone succeeded in attaching a frame lock to either a Homage or a Delite?

Back