This is the new Riese & Müller Load for 2020

What a fantastic presentation.
For those of us already interested in the old Load it really highlights the differencens.

I know the Load 75 is a big bike.
How hard, would you (@Chris Nolte ) say it is to pedal at higher speeds compared to a Supercharger?
I have the Supercharger HS Rohloff and am tempted to switch to a Load 75 HS for my commute, I love carrying stuff.
But I'd really not want to lose any time on my daily commute.

Is it doable to commute at about 22-24 mph over an hour with a heavy bike like Load 75?

What a fantastic presentation.
For those of us already interested in the old Load it really highlights the differencens.

I know the Load 75 is a big bike.
How hard, would you (@Chris Nolte ) say it is to pedal at higher speeds compared to a Supercharger?
I have the Supercharger HS Rohloff and am tempted to switch to a Load 75 HS for my commute, I love carrying stuff.
But I'd really not want to lose any time on my daily commute.

Is it doable to commute at about 22-24 mph over an hour with a heavy bike like Load 75?
Thanks! I’m glad you liked it :) the weight would be one of the bigger factors, but the aerodynamics are also slightly different. It would take a little more effort from the rider, but I think with the Gen 4 speed motor it won’t be too much of a difference because the way the power curve is structured. It will be challenging to maintain those higher speeds with a Load, but empty it shouldn’t be an issue.

We’ll have our demo towards the end of the year, for now we have the Gen 2 setup in the shop. You could also consider the Load 60 if you don’t need as much capacity. I really love to ride the Load as you may have already gathered. :)

Hi Folks. New here, so hope this is posted in the correct place.
Had my new 2020 Load 60 Vario GX Dual for a week now, and it’s everything Chris says... fab fun machine. Super capable, super stable and super comfortable. Been through lots of arduous conditions and terrain already and it just takes it all in its stride. On the go just like an excellent regular bike. Low speed balance on extreme uphills only thing I need to get the hang of.

I have a question of you knowledgeable lot: the steering?

Good tight turning to the right, but quite restricted to the left. Best measure I can give you is pulling the grip full back on the left is a full 60mm less than pulling full back on the right. This restricts the turn quite a lot up front going left. There is still plenty of clearance for the wheel/fork/steering arm to turn more to the left at full lock beyond the current stop. Is this an issue inherent with the engineering of a longjohn style bike or has the headset (Acros BlockLock) not been set up right?

I ask on here before going back to the dealer: you all have specific experience of R&M Loads, whereas my dealer (although really wonderful) has never seen a Load before mine arrived, just Packsters (any Cargo Bike still extremely rare here in the sticks in Northern England - I intend to help change that).

Thanks in anticipation.

Had my new 2020 Load 60 Vario GX Dual for a week now, and it’s everything Chris says... fab fun machine. Super capable, super stable and super comfortable. Been through lots of arduous conditions and terrain already and it just takes it all in its stride. On the go just like an excellent regular bike. Low speed balance on extreme uphills only thing I need to get the hang of.

Good tight turning to the right, but quite restricted to the left. Best measure I can give you is pulling the grip full back on the left is a full 60mm less than pulling full back on the right. This restricts the turn quite a lot up front going left. There is still plenty of clearance for the wheel/fork/steering arm to turn more to the left at full lock beyond the current stop. Is this an issue inherent with the engineering of a longjohn style bike or has the headset (Acros BlockLock) not been set up right?

I ask on here before going back to the dealer: you all have specific experience of R&M Loads, whereas my dealer (although really wonderful) has never seen a Load before mine arrived, just Packsters (any Cargo Bike still extremely rare here in the sticks in Northern England - I intend to help change that).

Thanks in anticipation.
Mike! Great to see you in here and congrats on your new ride! Mine arrives in a couple weeks and I can’t wait!! Be sure to share some photos, I’m sure you have some amazing sights where you are.

The issue you’re experiencing sounds like the Acros Headset needs an adjustment. You should have equal range of motion on both sides. I’m on my phone and don’t have the manual handy, but you should be able to google it and do it with the right tools.

I wish you Loads of fun on your new bike ;)!

Thanks in anticipation.
yes, I’ve had this issue on a new bike. Feel free to reach out via the inbox, and I’ll walk you through it if needed. Will take you less than 5min. Here is the adjustment: 43279

Last edited:
Mike! Great to see you in here and congrats on your new ride! Mine arrives in a couple weeks and I can’t wait!! Be sure to share some photos, I’m sure you have some amazing sights where you are.

The issue you’re experiencing sounds like the Acros Headset needs an adjustment. You should have equal range of motion on both sides. I’m on my phone and don’t have the manual handy, but you should be able to google it and do it with the right tools.

I wish you Loads of fun on your new bike ;)!
Hey Chris. Thanks so much for the immediate reply. Very reassuring to hear this from “Mr Load”. I googled as you suggested and got the installation video. Looks like the centring issue is several levels down from final state. Need a big headset tool. So will take this info to dealer. Thanks to you I now know the issue can be resolved and exactly which part is the culprit.

To be honest I think the restricted turning may be the reason I’ve failed to correct a left ways loss of balance a few times already... thankfully only a dinged shin and no loss of dignity... I was in the middle of nowhere! Although it could just be me being a lousy Load pilot.

Hope to have plenty of adventure snaps to share. Weather here very dingy at present. But WonderPooch “Tintin” bl0ody loves it already!!

Hope you adore your new Load as much as your previous blue ride. I guess you plumped for the Rohloff HS, probably in red(?). We Yorkshire folk are famous for our tightness so Rohloff was one more thousand pounds too many. Figured the Dual 500 in Turbo would see me up the odd crazily steep hills round here. Although must admit to failing twice already... thank heaven for that Walk button 🥴.

Thanks Chris 👍

PS. Is that headlight button really meant to light up blue on main beam? 💡

yes, I’ve had this issue on a new bike. Feel free to reach out via the inbox, and I’ll walk you through it if needed. Will take you less than 5min. Here is the adjustment:View attachment 43279
Thanks dblhelix. Looks like that’s from the BlockLock install video. Thanks also for the offer to walk through. Being so new at this game I’m going to take to the dealer for service after 400 miles, there are couple of other niggles need ironing.

Cheers. Love the passion of folk on this forum.

Hey Chris. Thanks so much for the immediate reply. Very reassuring to hear this from “Mr Load”. I googled as you suggested and got the installation video. Looks like the centring issue is several levels down from final state. Need a big headset tool. So will take this info to dealer. Thanks to you I now know the issue can be resolved and exactly which part is the culprit.

To be honest I think the restricted turning may be the reason I’ve failed to correct a left ways loss of balance a few times already... thankfully only a dinged shin and no loss of dignity... I was in the middle of nowhere! Although it could just be me being a lousy Load pilot.

Hope to have plenty of adventure snaps to share. Weather here very dingy at present. But WonderPooch “Tintin” bl0ody loves it already!!

Hope you adore your new Load as much as your previous blue ride. I guess you plumped for the Rohloff HS, probably in red(?). We Yorkshire folk are famous for our tightness so Rohloff was one more thousand pounds too many. Figured the Dual 500 in Turbo would see me up the odd crazily steep hills round here. Although must admit to failing twice already... thank heaven for that Walk button 🥴.

Thanks Chris 👍

PS. Is that headlight button really meant to light up blue on main beam? 💡

View attachment 43285View attachment 43288
Awesome! Great snaps and it’s cool to see who I’ve been chatting with :) You guessed it right for my bike lol. Same exact specs :)

The headlight button does light up blue. Enjoy the beautiful ride :)

Awesome! Great snaps and it’s cool to see who I’ve been chatting with :) You guessed it right for my bike lol. Same exact specs :)

The headlight button does light up blue. Enjoy the beautiful ride :)
Ha. Your audience knows you well. Not a jealous chap, but that E14 sounds sooo nice. OK: Yes, I am jealous.

Do love the Vario, the tweakability is amazing. Always in the sweet gear. The price is good too for access into the carefree world of CarbonDrive. Just those crazy slopes ☹️.

Wish that dial went half a turn lower. But that is only 2% of my rides. In my stingy mind (I think it’s in my genes), £1200 for 2% of mileage doesn’t add up. That’s £1200 towards the next R&M!!!

Now what colour should that Delite GX be??? It worked: all those wonderful TeamPropel videos, you and Tara have got me obsessed on 2020 R&Ms. Although really I would have preferred a full sus trekking HNF Nicolai... but that doesn’t exist.

So the main beam button not working correctly (no blue light), better get that one fixed too.

Have a great New Year 2020 Chris... all that svelte Rohloff clicking as you breeze along admiring Astronaut Islands and dreaming of your next cinematic tour de force 🤣

This is the new Riese & Müller Load for 2020. It’s frame has been completely redesigned to include the Generation 4 Bosch Cargoline motor, a belt drive and it’s now available with the Rohloff. I’m very excited about this bike as it has some great improvements from last year.

I hope you enjoy the video. Let me know if you have any questions or comments. I also highly welcome any feedback or constructive criticism.

More about the Load at: https://propelbikes.com/product/riese-muller-load-60/
Chris - hi from New Zealand. Your excellent videos have played a large part in us choosing to go for a Load 60. I’m having a tough time finding out one or two small things and wondered if you might be able to help - if I order the high sidewalls and child cover, does the tarpaulin come anyway, or do I have to order it as a separate item? I can’t seem to see it on the R&M site if so. Also, we only have one little girl...and I’m assuming the Load 60 should be big enough. Have you had anyone regret the 60 vs 75 with a single kid? Thanks for any help, and stay safe!

Back