Chris Nolte

We did a walkthrough at the Moustache booth during Eurobike with Yann. He showed us all the updates for their models, most of which now include all of the new Bosch innovations like the generation 4 motor and new 625Wh Powertube battery.

There are also some new model families which have been introduced like the Game and the Wide. We’re very excited for these bikes and I hope you enjoy them as well.

I plan to also do some video reviews of the individual bikes as well so stay tuned. Let me know if you have any questions or comments below.

Nice video! That Moustache saleman really knows his bikes. And the colors are terrific! I'm very hapoy with my BH Atom Diamond Wave Pro, but I wish I could have tried some of the Moustache line. Maybe I can rent one when we go to France in a few weeks....

Nice video! That Moustache saleman really knows his bikes. And the colors are terrific! I'm very hapoy with my BH Atom Diamond Wave Pro, but I wish I could have tried some of the Moustache line. Maybe I can rent one when we go to France in a few weeks....
Yann is great, he’s actually their dealer training guy so he’s on it. You should see many of them in France for sure :)

Moustache has some of the nicest designs. I wonder if not having a lot in the way of Class 3 options has hindered their US sales?
I think it has. They are going to bring the Friday FS Speed next year which I think will be hot. It Europe speed bikes aren’t as popular since the regulations and restrictions are so heavy. Switzerland isn’t bad, but most other countries aren’t so great.

Great presentation. Moustache has some really interesting bikes in their lineup for 2020.

Regarding the Friday FS Speed, I have to say that I don't understand the logic of building an L1e-b compliant bike for Moustache. They'll have to put a lot of effort into the administrative work needed for the COC and will only end up selling a couple of hundred units in the EU. On the other hand, from what I've gathered on this forum it seems that there is no formal certification process required for S-Pedelec components in the US. Moustache could transform one of their existing models into a Speed Pedelec for the US market without enduring the administrative burden that goes with L1e-b. It would be an easy and cost effective way to increase sales. A quick win of sorts...

It's just an idea, but maybe I'm missing something here. :)
That is an excellent point. I'll plan to discuss this with them because I think you're exactly right. I do wonder how their insurance company would respond to these things though.

Chris how would you guide someone between choosing the Moustache Friday FS Speed vs R&M Delite Speed for sporty city (NYC) usage?

I've always liked the style of the Moustache bikes and it seems like you can get a 625 Wh battery which is a nice compromise between the 500 (not enough power for me really) and 1000 options (bit more than I need).

I am looking for a reasonably priced (for the quality of the parts) all-rounder bike. Ideally, I would like to buy a dual battery Riese & Muller Homage GX Rohloff HS, but I balk at the price. So, the 2020 Moustache 27 Xroad 5 FS has caught my eye, or is it just another pretty thing? Can anyone comment on how Xroad 5 FS performs? Does anyone have experience with riding the two - the Moustache 27 Xroad 5 FS and an Homage in any HS configuration?

I am already smiling and I have not even tried a Moustache! The eMTBs are so captivating and the designs are eye catching indeed. Hope to see more of these moving forward in the USA. So innovative and looking like they will not fall behind in the competition. Thanks for posting!:)

I really like this bike, but I'm leaning towards the Samedi Xroad FS 5, which is set up better for gravel and mild trails.
The Friday FS ( not Speed version) and the Xroad FS look very similar to me. The Xroad has slightly narrower tires.
I wonder why The Friday model is not called Vendredi on the French site.

I test rode a 2019 Samedi (full suspension) last October and liked it a lot. I plan on taking a 2020 Samedi, with the new Bosch motor, for on longer test ride in early 2020.
I wish we had a speed version in Canada. Here, all ebikes have a max motor-assisted speed of 32 kph.

Great presentation. Moustache has some really interesting bikes in their lineup for 2020.

Regarding the Friday FS Speed, I have to say that I don't understand the logic of building an L1e-b compliant bike for Moustache. They'll have to put a lot of effort into the administrative work needed for the COC and will only end up selling a couple of hundred units in the EU. On the other hand, from what I've gathered on this forum it seems that there is no formal certification process required for S-Pedelec components in the US. Moustache could transform one of their existing models into a Speed Pedelec for the US market without enduring the administrative burden that goes with L1e-b. It would be an easy and cost effective way to increase sales. A quick win of sorts...

It's just an idea, but maybe I'm missing something here. :)
Is this available in Greece?

Last edited:
The Bosch Gen 4 and 625Wh battery are two big pluses for me.
Same here, 45KPH, kiox hub,100mile range, good looks, and full suspension. Checks all the boxes for me and at only 6-7k. According to one of the videos I saw on youtube they will sell customers an extra battery so it can essentially be a dual battery if one is willing (I am) to carry it in the pannier bag. I think I might have just found a more reasonable priced e-bike than the R&M SD. Looking forward to seeing more reviews of this one in the next month or two before I make my purchase.

Only thing is I hope is that it is an upright riding position; and if the stem/handlebar is proprietary.

Last edited:
I don't really see a lot of difference between a Xroad 7 FS and Friday Ltd FS apart from the quick release on handlebars. Am I missing something

I'll hazard a guess that the Xroad has a front air fork vs a coil on the Friday. And the two bikes I looked at (didn't see a Ltd on their website) were differentiated by battery - the Xroad perhaps stocks a 625 WH vs a 500 WH on the Friday. But not sure if I looked at the right models.

Back