2018 Radwagon, which Yepp Maxi seat.

rally1

Just putting this here to save the next person some leg work.

I just received our 2018 orange Radwagon with Yepp Maxi (easy fit) child seat, and it works great. I contemplated trying the new Yepp Nexxt Maxi as it has some good upgrades, but the literature suggests the tubing on the rack of the new Radwagon is too big (see attached).

Now if in reality you have got one to fit, please share, but I didn't take the chance on the 2018 Radwagon.

Attachments

• Thule_Nexxt_Maxi_12080201_12080202_12080203_12080204_12080205_12080206_v2.pdf (page 3 of 8).gif
    Thule_Nexxt_Maxi_12080201_12080202_12080203_12080204_12080205_12080206_v2.pdf (page 3 of 8).gif
    14.6 KB · Views: 1,408
Ok. Just to let you know that we had buy 2 Yepp Nexxt for our 2018 RadWagon, and they are working well. They did not move at all, even with the kids in it (2 and 4 years-old). I will upload some pictures of the fixation as soon as I can.

So here are the picture of the fixation of the Yepp Maxi Nexxt, you can see the two mounting clamp that pinch the outside of the 2018 RadWagon bike (I had remove the board, but someone else on a Spicy Yuba, which should have similar frame diameter keep his board on and install the Yepp Nexxt over it [http://redkiteprayer.com/2017/08/sit-still-the-thule-yepp-maxi/]):
20180512_111856.jpg

And here is the second picture of the fixation:

20180512_111916.jpg

Finally, here is a picture of the two Yepp Nexxt on the rear rack of the 2018 RadWagon:

20180512_111928.jpg

We did two more ride today, and everything was fine seat. I let you know in a couple of month if this is still okay with the Yepp Nexxt or not.

So here are the picture of the fixation of the Yepp Maxi Nexxt, you can see the two mounting clamp that pinch the outside of the 2018 RadWagon bike (I had remove the board, but someone else on a Spicy Yuba, which should have similar frame diameter keep his board on and install the Yepp Nexxt over it [http://redkiteprayer.com/2017/08/sit-still-the-thule-yepp-maxi/]):
View attachment 21891

And here is the second picture of the fixation:

View attachment 21892

Finally, here is a picture of the two Yepp Nexxt on the rear rack of the 2018 RadWagon:

View attachment 21893

We did two more ride today, and everything was fine seat. I let you know in a couple of month if this is still okay with the Yepp Nexxt or not.

Hi, I was just wondering if the newer Thule seat is still working out for you? I ordered the radwagon and they told me the newer one wouldn’t fit.

Thanks in advance for your help

Hi, I was just wondering if the newer Thule seat is still working out for you? I ordered the radwagon and they told me the newer one wouldn’t fit.

Thanks in advance for your help

For us, this is still working great. However, if you go with the Yepp Maxi Nexxt seat you will need to, times to times chek the installation because it could loosen a little bit. We go for Yepp Maxi Nexxt, because we have another regular bike and it was simpler to exchange seats between the bikes with Yepp Maxi Nexxt, that the former one. The main issue of the seat, are the big poles of the RadWagon that are in the way of the seat attachement, and you will need to adjust the seat as it is shown in the picture in my previous post to escape them and have better grip.

Since May and more than 200 km of biking with the Yepp Maxi Nexxt seats, we never had any issue with them.

For us, this is still working great. However, if you go with the Yepp Maxi Nexxt seat you will need to, times to times chek the installation because it could loosen a little bit. We go for Yepp Maxi Nexxt, because we have another regular bike and it was simpler to exchange seats between the bikes with Yepp Maxi Nexxt, that the former one. The main issue of the seat, are the big poles of the RadWagon that are in the way of the seat attachement, and you will need to adjust the seat as it is shown in the picture in my previous post to escape them and have better grip.

Since May and more than 200 km of biking with the Yepp Maxi Nexxt seats, we never had any issue with them.

That’s great. Thanks for the reply. Hope you’re enjoying your radwagon still after all that time.

I’ll be installing this seat on my RadWagon when I get the bike delivered later this week. Any new reports? Also, anyone try to install it on the wooden rack?

Lastly, anyone have any solutions for how to hang a pannier at the same time? I’d love to be able to put cargo, including my kid’s backpack, somewhere.

We just ordered a Radwagon (arriving today!!) and are trying to figure out which Yepp seat to get. Any more updates on how the Yepp Maxi Nexxt fits on the Radwagon? Sounds like the official recommendation from Radwagon is for the older model Yepp Maxi but at least one person has been able to get the Maxi Nexxt to work? Thanks for the feedback. I'm excited to get the bike built up and on the road. I just hope they get the 2018 Caboose back in stock soon...

I've had my 2018 RadWagon for about a week now with the Yepp Maxi Nexxt seat and it works fine, both on the wooden board (which is where it is mounted now) and the metal tubing. The caveats are that the wooden board is arguably not strong enough long-term but I twisted and turned the seat in place and it seems pretty good; the caveat with the wider tubing is that the grips could loosen over time and come off so I would check it every few weeks.

With that said, the only reason this was important to get working for me is that we already had a Nexxt seat that I wanted to reuse and, in theory, move between bikes. But, now that I've got it on, I doubt I will want to take it off regularly. I think I'd rather spend another $200 to get a second seat for my wife's bike if we decide one has to drop the kid off at daycare and the other one picks the kid up. In that case, the benefit of the Nexxt which can easily move around is not useful and I may just as well buy a Yepp Maxi (non-Nexxt).

Last edited:
Hi everyone. This thread was super helpful when I was trying to make decisions between the Yepp Maxi and the Yepp Maxi Nexxt for my 2018 RadWagon. Ultimately after speaking with the rep at Rad Power Bikes I decided to go with the Yep Maxi recommended by the company. This decision was driven by the fact the 2018 RadWagon does not require the Aluminum Accessory Deck or the Yepp Easy Fit Adaptor that was required for the 2017 model of the RadWagon. I also don't intend to move the Yepp Maxi child seat between bikes, although it wouldn't be difficult or time consuming to do so.

To install the Yepp Maxi child seat all I had to do was remove the wooden deck. The frame of the 2018 model is designed to specifically work with the Yep Maxi seat. I was able to install the Yep Maxi in less than 5 minutes (including removal of he wooden deck) and there is zero concern about the grips fitting over the tubing/wooden deck or coming lose over time. I know the seat is safe and secure and installed as intended.

Because I have attached the 2018 Deck Hand (again no additional accessories required for the 2018 model) for my older child who sits in front of the Yep Maxi seat, I did purchase the $25 Read Deck Pad to provide a place to sit in absence of the wooden deck.

Here is are some photos of the set up:
IMG_7593.jpg
IMG_7594.jpg
IMG_7595.jpg
IMG_7597.jpg

Awesome! Glad to hear this forum assisted you in your decision with the seat. It looks great!

Because I have attached the 2018 Deck Hand (again no additional accessories required for the 2018 model) for my older child who sits in front of the Yep Maxi seat, I did purchase the $25 Read Deck Pad to provide a place to sit in absence of the wooden deck.
@LA RadWagon What do you use for safety on your older child?

Hi everyone. This thread was super helpful when I was trying to make decisions between the Yepp Maxi and the Yepp Maxi Nexxt for my 2018 RadWagon. Ultimately after speaking with the rep at Rad Power Bikes I decided to go with the Yep Maxi recommended by the company. This decision was driven by the fact the 2018 RadWagon does not require the Aluminum Accessory Deck or the Yepp Easy Fit Adaptor that was required for the 2017 model of the RadWagon. I also don't intend to move the Yepp Maxi child seat between bikes, although it wouldn't be difficult or time consuming to do so.

To install the Yepp Maxi child seat all I had to do was remove the wooden deck. The frame of the 2018 model is designed to specifically work with the Yep Maxi seat. I was able to install the Yep Maxi in less than 5 minutes (including removal of he wooden deck) and there is zero concern about the grips fitting over the tubing/wooden deck or coming lose over time. I know the seat is safe and secure and installed as intended.

Here is are some photos of the set up:
View attachment 26716
View attachment 26717
View attachment 26718
View attachment 26719
So did you HAVE TO remove the wooden deck for it to fit on the earlier Maxi- or can you keep the deck attached?

So did you HAVE TO remove the wooden deck for it to fit on the earlier Maxi- or can you keep the deck attached?

Hi Paddy - yes you HAVE TO remove the wooden deck if you go with the Yepp Maxi. The bike is specifically engineered so that the Yepp Maxi fits onto the frame once you take off the wooden deck. This is part of the reason why they also sell the deck pad to sit on which fits nice and snug right in front of the child seat. I found that this was the best and most secure approach.

I was only evaluating the Yepp Maxi Nexxt to try and save some money on the conversion deck that was required with the 2017 RadWagon but once I learned this was not necessary for my 2018 model I stuck with how the bike was intended to be utilized. Keep in mind a lot of the pictures above also have the wooden deck removed. I believe only anandam installed the Yepp Maxi Nexxt with the wooden deck still attached but even his post mentioned that he would regularly have to check the fit of the seat. I really don't notice the difference now that the deck is removed and it would only take 3 minutes in the event that I want to put it back on. Installation was super quick and easy (4 bolts).

Hi Paddy - yes you HAVE TO remove the wooden deck if you go with the Yepp Maxi. The bike is specifically engineered so that the Yepp Maxi fits onto the frame once you take off the wooden deck. This is part of the reason why they also sell the deck pad to sit on which fits nice and snug right in front of the child seat. I found that this was the best and most secure approach.

I was only evaluating the Yepp Maxi Nexxt to try and save some money on the conversion deck that was required with the 2017 RadWagon but once I learned this was not necessary for my 2018 model I stuck with how the bike was intended to be utilized. Keep in mind a lot of the pictures above also have the wooden deck removed. I believe only anandam installed the Yepp Maxi Nexxt with the wooden deck still attached but even his post mentioned that he would regularly have to check the fit of the seat. I really don't notice the difference now that the deck is removed and it would only take 3 minutes in the event that I want to put it back on. Installation was super quick and easy (4 bolts).
Thanks, thats really helpful! I may have to get myself a deck hand at some stage- did you consider a caboose?

Hi, thought I would comment on this since I have been contemplating using my Nexxt seat on my new Radwagon. After putting the bike together and connecting the seat, I realized that I would never trust this seat with my precious cargo on this bike due to the 1 inch tubing. Perhaps I have a faulty seat, but I could not get the seat positioned well enough to where I couldn’t wiggle it loose. Good thing my Nexxt seat is still returnable at REI if they ever reopen from Covid19 :(

Back