convince me this bike doesn't exist!

how come you sold yours?
My days riding up Big Basin Way and along Skyline Blvd, down Old Page Mill Rd and back to Sunnyvale are long gone. I was in fact also a commuter rider back then (in high school in the 1980's) and it is a big stretch for me to do purely recreational riding now (trying to change that now with some pretty remote beach riding but thats another story). I just didn't ride the bike so I sold it on. Nothing wrong with the bike. I took quite a loss selling it in fact, what with those wheels on it and all.

Last edited:
I finished the R18 Dropbar. The owner is in an official capacity and wanted a more grown up looking bike, polished, to take to the office than the ones online or in stores.
1637263240628.jpeg

I finished the R18 Dropbar. The owner is in an official capacity and wanted a more grown up looking bike, polished, to take to the office than the ones online or in stores.
I always liked the paint job on Public Bikes, deep lustrous colors.

Really nice. What's the story on the non functional (ok not "shiftable") large chainring? Also who made the rear rack, it's a little different than any brand I think I've seen?

Really nice. What's the story on the non functional (ok not "shiftable") large chainring? Also who made the rear rack, it's a little different than any brand I think I've seen?
Good questions. Normally there would be a matte black chain guard that is 110BCD. I take artistic license and happened to have laying around a single-speed 110BCD 50-T chainring. I popped it on and liked the look with the polished crank arms. These are also normally matte black. The rack is from the manufacturer of the bike, Public Bikes. They are rated for 25Kg and come in a bunch of colors, such a blood red. Most bike racks are as boxy as a K-car. These are curvy. Though not for your situation, for a friend's I am putting on one of these plumber's tool bags. They have 22 pockets and will swallow a 12-pack of beer, a jacket, some tools, and a hardcover book. They also collapse flat, so you can lay a larger object like a suitcase on top of them.
1637287010604.png
1637286482732.png

1637286212066.jpeg
1637286610596.jpeg

This one is single speed with a coaster brake for a person with hand issues. Does it even look electric? Class 3. Get Schwalbe e50 tires like the forth photo.

Attachments

• CremeGlider05.JPG
    CremeGlider05.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 221
  • CremeGlider06.JPG
    CremeGlider06.JPG
    452.1 KB · Views: 238
  • CremeGlider07.JPG
    CremeGlider07.JPG
    616.4 KB · Views: 229
  • PublicV7Brake01.JPG
    PublicV7Brake01.JPG
    278 KB · Views: 212
"look electric?" Well not unless you pull up on the left hand side. ;)
It also needs that tricky faux water bottle nipple you showed on the R18 (that I thought was really cute).

"look electric?" Well not unless you pull up on the left hand side. ;)
It also needs that tricky faux water bottle nipple you showed on the R18 (that I thought was really cute).
All I did was saw off the top of a real water bottle, then use automotive gasket maker to adhere it to the USB dust cover. These don't exist. So, I make them a reality. I like having batteries with USB so I can easily take down the charge when needed, such as for storage or transport. I just run a fan off of them to take them down slowly and safely. I have one bike with a polished coffee cup holder on the HB. It is so much fun to pass someone in spandex while sipping coffee on a bike that does no look electric to most people. At 20 miles once into a morning commute and had to stop to take off a layer. As I started back up a guy said "To Your Left." He was dressed in an all red motif with logos on matching a red bike with logos. Seconds later I said 'To Your Left'. As I blew past him on a generic looking bike he had no idea was electric.

Attachments

• BattNeye.JPG
    BattNeye.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 212
  • dust cover02.JPG
    dust cover02.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 200
  • dust cover03.JPG
    dust cover03.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 197
I am finishing one today. Its birth certificate assigned it as a Specialized Roll but its internal identity was always that of a Como. All it took was some transitional surgery.
1654192532929.jpeg

Back