2016 Sumo fixed

bill k

I was blacktop bill, I some how screwed that up, forgot password or some thing. well turns out battery wasn't bad. I was checking voltage in the wrong place. At the bottom of the pack need to check at the charge plug. I'm lucky I bought the bike from a reputable dealer. They had the bike over a month before it was fixed. That's mainly because transx motor is none serviceable. Currie sold izip to Raleigh. Raleigh made bike shop tech check every possible connection and setting before replacing motor. Bike shop had to order gear puller to remove crank arms. It looks like a over voltage circuit was over heating. Probably a cheap fix if you could work on motor, Old motor had 600 miles on it when replaced, it seem to have a little more torque than new motor. Now that bike is fixed I have installed a wren inverted fork, I love the fork. Suntour ncx seatpost. 26 x 3 inch tires on the 80 mil. rims. Raised up the handle bars. the bike is a lot of fun, hauls my 250 pounds no problem. the only thing I would change is the 3s battery to 4s 0r 5s.

@bill k; should you lose track of your login info or PW, just contact me, Ann M., you handy dandy Admin person and we can take care of that :)
BTW, Currie Tech and Raleigh & IZip are all the same company under the Accell NA umbrella of electric bike companies. Accell also owns Haibike (just in case you're curious about all of this brand movement!)

Back