Scott Solace 20 eRide after 3 Months

Appreciate you sharing this. It's just toggle switches which I'm disappointed Scott didn't design themselves. I get the feeling they slapped the Solace eRide together and gave it minimal testing. Good companies get it out to consumers who can help find other issues like this or the water bottle cage that blocks the power inlet. Trek was smarter and allowed for several different positions to mount the cage up and away. Otherwise, I love the ride.

Mike

Appreciate you sharing this. It's just toggle switches which I'm disappointed Scott didn't design themselves. I get the feeling they slapped the Solace eRide together and gave it minimal testing. Good companies get it out to consumers who can help find other issues like this or the water bottle cage that blocks the power inlet. Trek was smarter and allowed for several different positions to mount the cage up and away. Otherwise, I love the ride.

Mike
scott put a lot of work into the x20 bikes, as one of the launch integrators and a deep collaboration with mahle. my guess is they then hedged their bets on somewhat similar mid drive bikes (to the point that it creates some customer confusion) and didn’t invest as much with TQ. that said, i’ve heard from scott dealers that their focus is on the TQ bikes moving forward, not the X20. so maybe they’ll up their game here.

They installed it in the shop where I bought the bike. No program is needed, just connect the cables to the control panel as I put in the diagram previously, it's a plug-n-play affair. Despite being a product manufactured by Trek, it can be installed for all TQ HPR50 engines. For better aesthetics the brake and switch cables are joined with a heat-shrinkable tube.
The shrink warp is a very nice touch! I installed them on our bikes already, but I might do that sometime down the road.

Last edited:
Back