Specialized/Brose motor failures?

Some info if you dont want to buy a new Brose Motor

I recently sold a 2018 Brose equipped Bulls eMTB(about 4k miles) to a friend who is going to have his motor rebuilt this winter. Nothing wrong with it now but he will get upgraded bearings, better sealing and a newer stronger belt.

A DIY belt change is about $200 US

My 2022 Vado 5.0 with 5,600 miles in 16 months is going in for a motor replacement in the morning. Although performance is fine, noises (previously posted) are nuts. Love the bike. Crazy stuff, huh?
Got the bike back with the new motor in 1 day, did 43 miles today, awesome, quiet, just like new. Ahhhhh, to be in love again! 🥰

Some info if you dont want to buy a new Brose Motor

I recently sold a 2018 Brose equipped Bulls eMTB(about 4k miles) to a friend who is going to have his motor rebuilt this winter. Nothing wrong with it now but he will get upgraded bearings, better sealing and a newer stronger belt.

A DIY belt change is about $200 US
IF you can find the belt. IF you have a link or way, please share for future needs, id necessary. Thanks

My LBS has been moving slow as s*it on my 2020 Turbo Vado 4 motor failure. Specialized said the motor was out of warranty and wanted $1000 plus labor to replace it, and came down to $750. LBS said they had done a belt repair previously as per the video above and said that would be about $350 plus labor so I went for that, nervous that my symptoms reflected planetary gear failure. After a few weeks waiting for the parts I got called yesterday saying it was in fact a failure in the planetary gear, the motor is toast. They went back to Specialized who came down to $500 for a new motor, so now waiting on that.

Back