Emazing Artemis power mods

Dude222

Let's have a discussion about power modding this bike. At the time of this writing you're not going to find a production ebike of this weight (~40lbs) for a better price.

Apparently later versions of this bike have a different controller, but the size specs should be the same if you want to install an aftermarket controller. I'm new to this and I'm open to any suggestions about what kind of controller to get.

2014 Emazing Artemis OEM controller spec:
"Controller for brushless motor"
Rated voltage: 36V
Maximum current: 13A
Rated current: 6A
Low voltage protection: 31V
Throttle adjustment voltage: 1.2V - 4.4V
Product number: L9?856-18-2F X1311024980
Ex-factory date: 11/2013

Another code printed on the controller is:
"CE:G3M20211-1592-16"

The controller mounts to a cover plate that fits on the frame.
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
The holes for mounting to the cover plate are about 100mm apart. The cover plate has an extended hole on one end for minor adjustments.

The box-section frame where the controller fits is about 55mm wide and 50mm deep.
The cutout is 50 x 115 mm.

The OEM controller itself is about 95 x 50 x 26 mm.

Last edited:
That is one compact controller!

Before you upgrade any components you have to find out what the operating limit is for each; motor, controller, BMS, battery.. Then figure out how to upgrade without spending a bunch.

Your 8.7 Ah battery has a BMS which probably limits battery output to 12 amps (just guessing).. So if you installed higher output controller, the BMS will limit your motor power. And if you could replace just the BMS that battery pack might not be rated for a higher discharge rate. And range will take a real hit at higher power.

If you want high performance then plan on spending for a new battery and controller.. That geared motor may or may not handle the extra power; if the gears strip you could upgrade them to a harder material. Direct drive motors are a lot more tolerant to abuse.

If it were me, I'd buy a 12 aH bottle battery rated for at least 2C and try to find a controller that fits the build, at 20 amps.. Then you'd have a 750W rig that would be very fast.. And your motor may not last long...

FYI, this is why enthusiasts custom select their DIY kits.. Lots of choices and easily upgraded.

Last edited:
Hi,
Could you please let me know where I can buy this piece or a later version of it that is compatible if you have found one? I would be very grateful.

Many thanks,
Fernando

Was anyone able to recommend a replacement for the controller in the original topic of this thread? I have the same one on an e Moto. I tried to find a replacement but it came with completely different connectors and different wiring. 4 into 2 wires Etc can't seem to get it to work. Anyone have any tips and where to find this? I had the same exact one.

Back