Yamaha PW speed unlockers... SpeedBox2 vs EPlus vs BadAssBox 4 or 3.4

Just installed this on my Yamaha Cross Core and after a (brief, rainy) test ride it seems to work perfectly!
What year bike? Is the speed pickup the magnet on spoke or the new hub mounted sensor? I tried one of those on my '19 Wabash with the hub mounted sensor with no success. Now I'm wondering if it might have just been a bad unit.

What year bike? Is the speed pickup the magnet on spoke or the new hub mounted sensor? I tried one of those on my '19 Wabash with the hub mounted sensor with no success. Now I'm wondering if it might have just been a bad unit.
It’s a 2019. With the new hub sensor.

note that this is different from previous speedbox 2 models—it is specifically meant for “Yamaha-branded bikes”

It’s a 2019. With the new hub sensor.

note that this is different from previous speedbox 2 models—it is specifically meant for “Yamaha-branded bik
Should be printed on the tuner.

Attachments

• abdf2c71594fcbfbf37183b31bc1fb1e.jpg
    abdf2c71594fcbfbf37183b31bc1fb1e.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 419
FlatSix911- Back to this issue again. I finally received confirmation from E-Bike-Tuning-SpeedClip (which is a BadA$$ Box copy) that this is, in fact, compatible with the PW-X motor.
You have indicated below that it took approx 3 weeks for shipment. Curious how your experience is with this model? They claim it works very much like the original (ie: speed gets halved when reaching approx 11.5mph). Thoughts?

The SpeedClip/Bada$$ Box has been great. Easy to install and remove when needed and they supply a replacement wing nut for the spoke magnet.

There is no speed cutoff above 20mph and the power delivery is unchanged. Here is a quick photo summary of the installation process.

1581872566382.png

The SpeedClip/Bada$$ Box has been great. Easy to install and remove when needed and they supply a replacement wing nut for the spoke magnet.

There is no speed cutoff above 20mph and the power delivery is unchanged. Here is a quick photo summary of the installation process.

View attachment 45759
Ahh great thanks for that. Still waiting for my speed experience to arrive.

Here's another one on ebay:

Translated website:

Seems like they send a modified speed to the display (half or dummy leading digit which probably won't help with MPH)

I am currently communicating with a Dutch company that has speed dongles for Yamaha PW-X. A lot less than E-bay for the same one. The site is in Dutch, however, they do have a dropdown with the USA listed. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one as well.
Winkelwagen Approx $23.00US and the same for shipping. Not sure if it is for PW-X or not. No descriptions.

Still waiting for my speed experience to arrive.

Hope you didn't order from them. That site screams scam. Note similarity of emails: https://www.scammer.info/d/26104-fake-shopping-sites-related-to-vinayotap-com

Hope you didn't order from them. That site screams scam. Note similarity of emails: https://www.scammer.info/d/26104-fake-shopping-sites-related-to-vinayotap-com
Oh no... It is now in my possession and waiting to be mounted. I hope I do not get scammed. I read 100s of reviews of many satisfied customers, however, that does not mean anything till you use it. I try using Fakespot for Amazon purchases also, to ward off any potential scam reviews. Thanks for the heads up!

I'm surprised you got it, ha. If they actually sent you something as opposed to just taking the money and stalling perhaps it is legit. It just didn't make sense to me that they would have a plethora of unique items at steep discounts with a generic storefront that is often used by scammers.

What country did your package arrive from? The comments in this thread makes me think they are just another Chinese store front, mostly used by scammers.

Its origin was from a city in Germany. BTW- I have good news. I tested the unit most of the day and it is working as advertised. In other words, it looks totally legit. Time will tell, however, I will make any/all future updates where applicable. Thanks for your inquiry.

View attachment 45759
FlatSix911- Magnet position has to be dead on. Took a few tries to get it exactly in the correct position per your diagram. Now I am flying to over 30mph with even a bigger smile on my face. This unit rocks! Changes the whole experience. I'll hookup my Cateye speedometer for accurate readouts.:p;)

FlatSix911- Magnet position has to be dead on. Took a few tries to get it exactly in the correct position per your diagram.
Now I am flying to over 30mph with even a bigger smile on my face. This unit rocks! Changes the whole experience.
I'll hookup my Cateye speedometer for accurate readouts.:p;)

Glad to hear you are enjoying the freedom of no limits. ;)

I also use my Garmin watch to track my route, elevation, etc.

That's the main reason I didn't go with an option that didn't correct the speedometer.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the freedom of no limits. ;)

I also use my Garmin watch to track my route, elevation, etc.
Good idea. I was looking into whether I should add a GPS cycle computer, wireless, etc. I have also read that a wireless cycle computer (Analog or Digital) may have a few hiccups due to all of the additional electronic signal interference on our bikes. Not sure how that all works, however, sounds like it would be more prudent to use a GPS vs wireless. Mixed reviews on many name brands like Sigma, Cateye, Bontrager, Polar, etc, however, seems like Garmin is one of the most trusted brands as far as I can see.

Back