XP Comfort Package - Aftermarket Availability With Higher Load Rating.

powerscol

Region
USA
I weigh just over 250lbs and have a sensitive hiney. I noticed on the Lectric description for thier XP comfort package they say is rated for 220lbs (Engineered for riders up to 220 lbs.) Anyone like me (250+ lbs using this seat and how is it holding up? Are there better aftermarket seats available that fit the XP 3.0 that have a higher load rating?

Thanks for any help

I don't weigh over 250#, but I have the Lectric comfort package. Frankly the "po-go stick" style suspension seat post is frankly (mehhh...I love you Lectric, but it's mehhh). The comfort seat is 10" wide and even for me at 170#, I would prefer a seat in the 11" width to be honest, but that's just my opinion. There are lots of "cruiser comfy" seats out there but I would suggest you carefully look at how WIDE the seat is. Also there are 2 types of materials...LYCRA (which is more comfortable than vinyl, but its not water proof), and then there is the vinyl which is more slippery and less comfortable, but is waterproof). I like one of the Cloud 9 11" wide LYCRA seats, as I don't ever ride when its going to rain. Finding the right seat is a nightmare to be honest. I bought so many that I ended up selling them on CList for peanuts just to get rid of them. The comfort package that comes with Lectric eBike is better than not having it...but it's not really great either (that's why its usually a free option). I have yet to find the perfect seat for me to be honest. I can ride for about 30 minutes before I have stop and get off for a while. I wish you luck.

My neighbor is about your size. Maybe a little heavier when he first started out. He went through hell trying to get a seat that he liked. He ended up buying five or six different seats from Amazon, sent them all back except for the one he liked the most. It was a C9 product:
Use this to search at Amazon>

Cloud-9 Cruiser Anatomic Saddle, 10.5" x 10.5"​

Welcome to the find my best seat club! 😀

Last edited:
My neighbor is about your size. Maybe a little heavier when he first started out. He went through hell trying to get a seat that he liked. He ended up buying five or six different seats from Amazon, sent them all back except for the one he liked the most. It was a C9 product:
Use this to search at Amazon>

Cloud-9 Cruiser Anatomic Saddle, 10.5" x 10.5"​

Welcome to the find my best seat club! 😀
I'd have to second that.

I'll second the "po-go stick" comment about the suspension seatpost on that comfort package, it quite frankly sux. The preload is a PITA to adjust because it requires an oversized hex key which you won't usually find in a standard hex key set. Another issue is that it sort of sticks while moving, at least mine did. I tried taking it apart to find if there's a burr in there to file down, or something I could lube up to smooth it out...and that's when I found out how janky the whole thing is, it's just so poorly manufactured!

As for the seat itself, it's ok'ish, even on it's own without the suspension post...at least for a lighter rider. That's how my wife has it on her Lite 2.0, just mounted on a regular post.

If you get it as part of a package deal with the bike, alrighty then. Otherwise, I would definitely upgrade seats at least (Cloud 9 comes highly recommended), and try it like that. If you still want a suspension post, I'd look into a budget one with good reviews, like Suntour, Safort or whatever.

I'll second the "po-go stick" comment about the suspension seatpost on that comfort package, it quite frankly sux. The preload is a PITA to adjust because it requires an oversized hex key which you won't usually find in a standard hex key set. Another issue is that it sort of sticks while moving, at least mine did. I tried taking it apart to find if there's a burr in there to file down, or something I could lube up to smooth it out...and that's when I found out how janky the whole thing is, it's just so poorly manufactured!

As for the seat itself, it's ok'ish, even on it's own without the suspension post...at least for a lighter rider. That's how my wife has it on her Lite 2.0, just mounted on a regular post.

If you get it as part of a package deal with the bike, alrighty then. Otherwise, I would definitely upgrade seats at least (Cloud 9 comes highly recommended), and try it like that. If you still want a suspension post, I'd look into a budget one with good reviews, like Suntour, Safort or whatever.
I have the Suntour...its worth the cost but be careful about the diameter if you buy one. On mine it was smaller than the Lectric stock seat post tube... so it required a spacer in order to fit properly. You don't want the seat post rattling around in the tube. It must be a very tight fit. The Suntour is also much shorter (and therefore lighter).

Back