X7 discussion

I didnt think the Lectric XP had any suspension? That was the main reason I went Eahora. My x7 plus should be arriving this week, if there are any problems with it, Ill just send it back and not play around. Amazon's A-Z third party warranty covered any defective items, so I should be good. Sounds like they screwed you by making promises of doing things in the future and then flipped the ignore switch. Thanks for the heads up.
Yeah - it will be key to get everything sorted in the first month to have your credit card company back you as well. We owe GeauxDan for that bit of a heads up.

And even within the total battery warranty period, I think most credit card companies will also back you. I think you lose all of that paying in cash or bank card. IF you chose paypal on the eahora site - paypal will back you as well.

My advice is to order from a reputable company. I knew i was taking a risk. Neither Amazon or eahora address the problem. The covid 19 excuse was uses alot by both parties. They dragged me on and on till i went past thirty days. They just want the money, thats why eahora has used at least three different LLC as sellers on Amazon. I'm not the only one who has this issue. I correspond with 4 other guys i met on here and other forums who have contacted me to compare situations. If i had a do over i would get the Lectric XP with full suspension (pretty much same as eahora specs. Lectric is an american company based out of Texas, so i imagine the customer service is better than the foreign companies. I'm going this route in the future. We need to support the ebike industry in this country anyways.

Lectric does not offer a suspension option and the bikes are made in China. It appears to use the same battery (10.4ah) and they include rack, fender, lights. They use Tourney derailleur so when all is said and done it is a good cheaper option. I'm sure they offer much better customer support (any would be better) and that may be a deal maker for many.

The lack of front suspension, lack of power regeneration and generally cheaper components were my show stoppers. Wasn't fond of the look of the bike and smaller frame (I'm tall) so I moved along. This EBR user review didn't help the Lectric cause ...
BTW, they are in Phoenix AZ, not Texas.

In any case, I don't want to be an apologist for Eahora and their customer support is non-existent. That and some other considerations is why I chose another brand for my next ebike(s). With over 900 miles on the Eahora and a worn out back tire, it has been nothing but reliable and fun to ride. If I can source a replacement/additional battery and at some point replace the motor, the rest is just regular bike shop components.

Last edited:
I've had my Lectric XP since October 2019 and I've had no issues with it since, knock on wood. I did get my first flat after 850+ miles and no I wasn't using slime or liners. I also failed to make an emergency patch kit. Other than that, no complaints about the bike itself.

The only time I needed to reach out to Lectric in the past was to get a status update on shipping (1.5 months delivery). They responded right away and my bike arrived as promised undamaged. I've read other customers' experiences that involved shipment damage but those were usually minor and Lectric sent out replacement parts no questions asked.

As a US resident, I like buying from US-based companies that speak fluent English (communication is just easier and I get to support the US economy). This important to me.

The XP also has a very large active community here on EBR and Facebook, this matters. It's a great resource of information and makes the owner experience better.

When I came across the X7+ I thought it was the perfect ebike, like my XP but with a higher cost justifiable by a few key upgrades. I'll admit, the negative experiences of others has put a damper on my excitement so I'm a little reluctant to buy. I wanted the pleasant Lectric eXPerience (pun intended) but with the X7+ specs. On paper the X7+ is superior to the XP, however in real life that's not always the case when you factor in the lack of customer service and an almost non-existent community. I can deal with Eahora's broken English.

Lastly, I did order Eahora's smaller X3 ebike on Amazon using a credit card which is due to arrive later this week. I was sold by it's price, compact size and suspension. I'm hoping everything goes well because I intend on using it for short distance commuting (riding to the train) and local errands. The XP is unnecessarily big, heavy and cumbersome for public transportation. I've been in contact with an owner and he's got a lot of good things to say about the X3 but he also agrees that Eahora's customer service is lacking. Manufacturing defects aside, I really shouldn't need customer service but I would like to know that they'll stand by their product regardless.

Last edited:
Im not sure what this means, but 6 days ago I got the shipping notification from Amazon/FedEx - your item has been shipped.

At the time, FedEx said it was supposed to be delivered today, but as of 5 minutes ago FedEx still says only the label was created. They havent even given it to FedEx yet. Hmmm.

Im not sure what this means, but 6 days ago I got the shipping notification from Amazon/FedEx - your item has been shipped.

At the time, FedEx said it was supposed to be delivered today, but as of 5 minutes ago FedEx still says only the label was created. They havent even given it to FedEx yet. Hmmm.
Same here - but I am also not surprised by Fed-ex not updating their tracking lately. I've seen that with other stuff too. Just sent over an email to them... we shall see...

I know they seem to have a staging spot in CA for shipments. It doesnt come direct from china. I wonder if that warehouse is even allowed to operate? Arent they still shelter in place in CA?

That is what happened to me. I received a shipment notice and the X7 did not actually leave the facility for 2 days and that was before C-19 really set in (late Feb). I live in No Cal probably 500 miles north of the shipping facility and yes, most business are still closed. Logistics businesses are exempt but they probably have issues. My X7 was supposed to be delivered on a Thursday but FedEx miss-directed it and it did not get to my local FedEx till Friday morning. It was held at the local FedEx over the 3 day weekend and I didn't receive it until the following Tuesday.

I'm sure the extra time with FedEx caused the box damage that resulted in my bike having a couple of issues. It's a heavy 70lb awkward to ship/lift box that most delivery people hate.

My X3 tracking number shows a similar thing.

"Estimated delivery date:
Thursday 5/14/2020 by end of day"

There's only been one status update since last week Friday?! Odd.

"Friday , 5/08/2020
6:27 am
Shipment information sent to FedEx"

So it hasn't even moved and it's coming from Irwindale, CA. I messaged them via Amazon and email.

Update: Eahora emailed me back and responded to my inquiry via Amazon. The delays are (obviously) due to the virus and an overload on FedEx. The bikes have been shipped but FedEx requires additional time and they're aware of this. I know people who ordered from Lectric and they too are being affected by FedEx shipment delays from the CV.

Last edited:
Got an update last night that fedex does actually have it now (new delivery date the 18th) and also got this response from Eahora:

Thank you for reaching out.
Because we ship out hundreds of X5 and X7 in last week.
FedEx may not process all the orders at one time, particularly in this period FedEx is almost running overload.
Sometimes they can't update the tracking information in time. So this is why your bike's tracking showed "Pending"
Please wait for a few days, it should start updating.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
Yeah nothing we can do about the CV but wait... 🤷‍♂️

Update: my x3 finally got picked up by FedEx and rescheduled for delivery on Thursday 05/21/2020 after a week delay.

Last edited:
Lol. Eahora send me this email after over a week with no tracking info. (emphasis mine)

We confirm that your order has been shipped.
Affected by COVID-19, FedEx is now expropriated by the government, so the tracking information update is very slow, please understand. We will always follow up your order, we will inform you as soon as there are any updates.
Stay Safe and Healthy.
Best regards,
Eahora Customer Service

Called FedEx. They are like, yeah... we dont have your package.

As far as I can tell, the wherehouse in Southern California is a distribution operation for Chinese products, not part of Eahora. I called trying to get through to someone there when I got my shipping info back in Feb and got a full VM box message. A person called me back shortly thereafter. She seemed slightly annoyed that I was calling them but said my bike would be shipping the next day. It actually shipped 2 days later.

I think they get a container with 200 or more bikes in it and they assign FedEx shipping numbers for all the bikes based upon the Eahora supplied addresses. I assume FedEx picks these up incrementally, not all at once. This is just my guess as to the shipping delays.

My X7+ arrived a day early today. We are getting a couple inches of rain today so I won't be able to test ride but it looks good in reasonable condition. There are a few small scratches in a couple spots but overall happy with how it shipped.

Now have my bike with a pro mechanic friend for a tire change and tuneup. Got a little bit of a ride in before that. Oh man, this thing flies. Was able to get up a hill in our hood that could only do it with pedal assist with my previous bike. Granted, previous ebike was only a 36v 250W. 48V 500W is much more of a step up than I was expecting. Really nice.

I tightened down the handlebar column and don't have any of that rattle some have mentioned. I noticed the side without the cadence sensor was missing the cap! I dont think that is by design and emailed them about it. They have been responding within 24 hrs, but so far seem to have a hard time understand what I am talking about, even with pics! So he forwarded my pic and comment on to their engineers. I assume I'll be seeing the cap mailed here at some point. Not a deal breaker and can still ride fine.

I still need to figure out how to activate cruise control which I read was included. No mentioned of it in any manual I've seen so far.

Also, the battery looks to be 11.6Ah and not 10.4Ah.

Hey guys, just got my bike. everything looks to be in good shape. But, the assembly video showed the folding handlebar stem attached, and I cant figure out how to attach it. Probably just an idiot. This is my first bike since I was a kid.

In the pic you can see a loose piece at the bottom of the stem that is connected via a long screw and bolt that is accessible when opening up the folding mechanism. The entire thing slots into the fork opening but no idea how to tighten it...

any help would be awesome.

Attachments

• 20200522_103336.jpg
    20200522_103336.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 310
  • 20200522_103022.jpg
    20200522_103022.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 328
Hey guys, just got my bike. everything looks to be in good shape. But, the assembly video showed the folding handlebar stem attached, and I cant figure out how to attach it. Probably just an idiot. This is my first bike since I was a kid.

In the pic you can see a loose piece at the bottom of the stem that is connected via a long screw and bolt that is accessible when opening up the folding mechanism. The entire thing slots into the fork opening but no idea how to tighten it...

any help would be awesome.
Little allen wrench bolt on the top of the column, where it folds down.

Back