X7 discussion

Mine was also shipped yesterday. I would highly recommend purchasing through Amazon, just because its another layer of accountability. They do not want bad reviews there, and if something arrives broken Amazon covers it if they dont respond.
I bought through amazon. That's what i thought. Been dealing with it for over a month now.

They also delete my honest reviews. Never anything bad but straight up honest

Attachments

• Capture+_2020-05-07-11-02-56.png
    Capture+_2020-05-07-11-02-56.png
    334.9 KB · Views: 350
What are all your issues, besides battery? Do you have a copy of the review that was deleted?
The battery just out of the blue starts dying really quick. I never overcharge. I set a timer and i take care of the things i own. But i when i got it. The box was damaged. I had scrapes to the paint and a my derailleur guard was smashed. Bent that rotor. But i was able to fix it. The battery should be under warranty. But i get no reply. And no i don't have the copy of the review. Alot of b.s. from them also. First they said they would give me a bike cover to make up for not having the color that i ordered. Never came. Then they said they would send touch up paint, bike lock and facemasks. Again never came. The only thing i originally asked for was touch up paint and info for the battery. They told me after that it would be quicker if i got the paint in the u.s.a. this is true, but why should i pay for all the scratches when it wasn't my fault. I got the run around then silence ever since. I was happy with the bike until it started crapping out after 2 months @ only 300 miles and less than ten charges. Get a rattan xl. Same bike and maybe the customer service is better. Or maybe your experience will be different. I hope so. They got my money so they don't care. It's a shame

Yikes, I am very concerned about all of your issues Dan and no surprise that Amazon disavows any responsibility. That is their standard MO for these types of products. I also had some shipping damage and have ordered a replacement derailleur mount (not from Eahora). Mine is bent and the bike has never shifted properly (I only use 4 gears anyway). All else has been good and I'm up to 875 miles on the bike.

I feel fortunate to have had no other issues with the bike (X7+) but i keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. The electronics (motor, battery and controller) are my concern and with Eahora's AWOL customer service, finding replacement batteries and controller will be a challenge. The motor should be easier but the PAS feature will be the issue there.

With all the street/paved trail riding I've been doing, the back tire will need replacing soon. That should be easy but suggestions re 20" X 4" tires would be much appreciated.

Re the Rattan ebikes, I have three bikes (2 X, 1 XL) on order from them. At least there is a Facebook Users Group as that has improved communication. The Chief Engineer has been pretty responsive so I'm more optimistic about Rattan support but time will tell. Covid-19 seriously messed up Chinese ebike manufacturing and they are just now getting back on their feet. I hope Eahora gets their act together because the bike is basically a pretty good for the price. Just need replacements for the consumable parts.

Last edited:
Yikes, I am very concerned about all of your issues Dan and no surprise that Amazon disavows any responsibility. That is their standard MO for these types of products. I also had some shipping damage and have ordered a replacement derailleur mount (not from Eahora). Mine is bent and the bike has never shifted properly (I only use 4 gears anyway). All else has been good and I'm up to 875 miles on the bike.

I feel fortunate to have had no other issues with the bike (X7+) but i keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. The electronics (motor, battery and controller) are my concern and with Eahora's AWOL customer service, finding replacement batteries and controller will be a challenge. The motor should be easier but the PAS feature will be the issue there.

With all the street/paved trail riding I've been doing, the back tire will need replacing soon. That should be easy but suggestions re 20" X 4" tires would be much appreciated.

Re the Rattan ebikes, I have three bikes (2 X, 1 XL) on order from them. At least there is a Facebook Users Group as that has improved communication. The Chief Engineer has been pretty responsive so I'm more optimistic about Rattan support but time will tell. Covid-19 seriously messed up Chinese ebike manufacturing and they are just now getting back on their feet. I hope Eahora gets their act together because the bike is basically a pretty good for the price. Just need replacements for the consumable parts.
Kenda kraze 20×4 are on alot of bikes like the x7. They look solid and is a reputable company. And for the battery.......i found matches on ali express. Same specs and more. Same measurements and exact size. All are samsung, Panasonic, LG etc. Batteries.

Some examples of what i am currently researched. Battery looks to be a very common battery style for folding ebikes from china. They even have the measurements pictured for some. But all have plenty spec and size info in descriptions. This looks like my route

Attachments

• Capture+_2020-05-07-22-32-55.png
    Capture+_2020-05-07-22-32-55.png
    239.9 KB · Views: 362
  • Capture+_2020-05-07-22-32-23.png
    Capture+_2020-05-07-22-32-23.png
    224.7 KB · Views: 349
  • Capture+_2020-05-07-22-32-08.png
    Capture+_2020-05-07-22-32-08.png
    225.1 KB · Views: 374
  • Capture+_2020-05-07-22-32-00.png
    Capture+_2020-05-07-22-32-00.png
    349 KB · Views: 353
  • Capture+_2020-05-07-22-31-51.png
    Capture+_2020-05-07-22-31-51.png
    471.8 KB · Views: 346
Some examples of what i am currently researched. Battery looks to be a very common battery style for folding ebikes from china. They even have the measurements pictured for some. But all have plenty spec and size info in descriptions. This looks like my route
Thanks for that. IF you get one, please post and let us know if they work. Those are some seriously low prices. It doesnt list what brand battery inside - that would be nice to know too.

Last edited:

Now this looks exactly like my XP's battery (physical dimensions, terminals, etc.). If and when I finally order myself an X7 Plus it means I will be able to continue using my existing 14Ah batteries.

Its really unfortunate all the issues you guys have had to deal with your ebikes. It doesn't bode well for Eahora.

Is there not a way to escalate the issue through Amazon? I can't believe they wouldn't intervene.

There is a good Frontline documentary on Amazon. They are notorious for taking on product listings for which they bear zero responsibility. The want the listings, clicks and charge fees, but want nothing to do with the warranty/support of many products purchased through their vast marketplace. That's not to say I don't use them but in this case, I bought directly from Eahora and try and avoid Amazon as much as possible.

I hope someone buys one of these soon to confirm X7 compatibility. I'd like to have a backup battery...

Last edited:
There is a good Frontline documentary on Amazon. They are notorious for taking on product listings for which they bear zero responsibility. The want the listings, clicks and charge fees, but want nothing to do with the warranty/support of many products purchased through their vast marketplace. That's not to say I don't use them but in this case, I bought directly from Eahora and try and avoid Amazon as much as possible.
I do think there is a difference with what amazon sells direct from their warehouse vs what they sell for their 3rd party vendors (which I think are what we are talking about here). Their direct "sold by amazon" labeled stuff (under prime shipping) seems to always be instantly refundable and returnable within the standard window or warranty. That's not the case with eahora bikes sold there, but might be the case with future iterations of resellers if hosted by the amazon warehouse under the prime rules.

I do think there is a difference with what amazon sells direct from their warehouse vs what they sell for their 3rd party vendors (which I think are what we are talking about here). Their direct "sold by amazon" labeled stuff (under prime shipping) seems to always be instantly refundable and returnable within the standard window or warranty. That's not the case with eahora bikes sold there, but might be the case with future iterations of resellers if hosted by the amazon warehouse under the prime rules.
My advice is to order from a reputable company. I knew i was taking a risk. Neither Amazon or eahora address the problem. The covid 19 excuse was uses alot by both parties. They dragged me on and on till i went past thirty days. They just want the money, thats why eahora has used at least three different LLC as sellers on Amazon. I'm not the only one who has this issue. I correspond with 4 other guys i met on here and other forums who have contacted me to compare situations. If i had a do over i would get the Lectric XP with full suspension (pretty much same as eahora specs. Lectric is an american company based out of Texas, so i imagine the customer service is better than the foreign companies. I'm going this route in the future. We need to support the ebike industry in this country anyways.

My advice is to order from a reputable company. I knew i was taking a risk. Neither Amazon or eahora address the problem. The covid 19 excuse was uses alot by both parties. They dragged me on and on till i went past thirty days. They just want the money, thats why eahora has used at least three different LLC as sellers on Amazon. I'm not the only one who has this issue. I correspond with 4 other guys i met on here and other forums who have contacted me to compare situations. If i had a do over i would get the Lectric XP with full suspension (pretty much same as eahora specs. Lectric is an american company based out of Texas, so i imagine the customer service is better than the foreign companies. I'm going this route in the future. We need to support the ebike industry in this country anyways.

I didnt think the Lectric XP had any suspension? That was the main reason I went Eahora. My x7 plus should be arriving this week, if there are any problems with it, Ill just send it back and not play around. Amazon's A-Z third party warranty covered any defective items, so I should be good. Sounds like they screwed you by making promises of doing things in the future and then flipped the ignore switch. Thanks for the heads up.

Back