X7 discussion

I'm confused ... I was just saying that the X7 and X7 Plus use the same battery. I have no idea what battery the XP uses but since neither of these companies makes batteries (or the bikes for that matter), they may not be willing to share the battery OEM info. That makes brand/battery compatibility a research exercise.

As far as the long term goes, a10 ah battery would seem to be almost obsolete as there are much higher amp hour batteries being delivered now (like 20ah). My new FT ebike will have an upgraded 17.ah as opposed to the standard 14.5ah. Each of these incremental changes in battery size increases range, and for me that's more important than torque. I would love 100 mile range and give up some torque to get it.

For me, that is the essence of the difference between mid-drives bikes using torque sensors and hub motors with PAS and kinetic regeneration of power (like electric cars). I prefer the features of hub with regen vs the smooth power of a good torque sensor based bike.

That said, and as tech improves, I'm likely to take another long look at mid-drive bikes with torque sensors. It's all good!
He may have seen the X6 battery. It is slightly different in shape and has different specs. They didnt do a great job copying and pasting to make the Amazon listing

We are getting the Rattan XL and X models. It is a crown funding situation but the prices are good and the risks low as they are currently shipping bikes. You can also add accessories (Perks) to your "contribution" and they build to suit. I got the Full suspension, larger battery (17ah), Fast Charger and got the rack fender option for the wife. They also offer Cruise Control and extra tires.

I ordered in December but due to Covid-19, delivery was delayed. They are back in business now and shipping finished bikes. Our bikes will be shipping this month. New orders are expected to go out in May. I expect that the delivery would be similar to an Eahora order now.

Going back to this quote from you @RMK! . I was trying to order the Holiday combo with XL and X and I can't find options to add on perks like larger battery or rack fender options or cruise control. If I order individually it gives me those perks as options. How did you order the perks with the combo price? Also will they attach the fenders/racks etc and ship the bikes?
I was charged a 200$ per bike for shipping charge? Did you have to pay as well?

Be aware that buying or receiving anything from china is sketchy right now. I want to order an extra battery but i am hesitant due to customer service. I've been emailing for a month straight to no avail and no response. Probably sent 20 emails through Amazon and directly to Eahora. Anyone else have issues contacting them?
They have replied to me about 5 of 6 times the next day when I email them from their website.

If the X7 Plus does infact use the same battery as my XP then it means I'll get to keep on using my existing battery and that's a big deal for me. It would also mean X7 Plus owners would be able to buy compatible batteries from Lectric (which is based out of the US and has excellent customer service). Of course you can always buy batteries from Eahora too.
If you get the bike, let us know if the same. Would be good to know!

The eahora main website shows all of their batteries for sale direct. It lists the X7 which I have to assume is the same as X7+. I wouldn't trust pictures. Some might be reversed perspective left to right.

I'm confused ... I was just saying that the X7 and X7 Plus use the same battery. I have no idea what battery the XP uses but since neither of these companies makes batteries (or the bikes for that matter), they may not be willing to share the battery OEM info. That makes brand/battery compatibility a research exercise.

As far as the long term goes, a10 ah battery would seem to be almost obsolete as there are much higher amp hour batteries being delivered now (like 20ah). My new FT ebike will have an upgraded 17.ah as opposed to the standard 14.5ah. Each of these incremental changes in battery size increases range, and for me that's more important than torque. I would love 100 mile range and give up some torque to get it.

For me, that is the essence of the difference between mid-drives bikes using torque sensors and hub motors with PAS and kinetic regeneration of power (like electric cars). I prefer the features of hub with regen vs the smooth power of a good torque sensor based bike.

That said, and as tech improves, I'm likely to take another long look at mid-drive bikes with torque sensors. It's all good!

Do you own an X7 Plus? If so, can you post a few pictures of the battery?

He may have seen the X6 battery. It is slightly different in shape and has different specs. They didnt do a great job copying and pasting to make the Amazon listing

I'm talking about the X7 Plus battery. I can understand the poor copy and paste job of the Amazon listing and their website.

Do you own an X7 Plus? If so, can you post a few pictures of the battery?

Hey all. Just ordered this bike on amazon. Was considering the radmini but ultimately that 20mph cap ruled that out. Lectric XP was what I was actually going to get, but after research I decided shocks, brakes, battery regen, and the little extra speed were worth it. I also thought really hard about the Rattan XL, but there is no rear shock and the ordering system on indiegogo seemed a bit suspect, while Amazon backs up 3rd party sales. So here I am.

What would you guys recommend checking/changing when I first get the bike? Has anyone taken this beast out on a proper mountain biking trail? Do you think it will hold up to regular trail riding? Also I am really hoping (fingers crossed) that it will fit in the trunk of my Sonata folded up.

Congrats! I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts about the X7 Plus.

Would you mind posting a few pictures of the battery?

Thanks!

If you get the bike, let us know if the same. Would be good to know!

The eahora main website shows all of their batteries for sale direct. It lists the X7 which I have to assume is the same as X7+. I wouldn't trust pictures. Some might be reversed perspective left to right.

I intend on doing so. Are you planning on ordering one?

Doubt if that has been in the past month. If so then you are the only one that has contacted them. I've been trying both amazon and eahora.
I purchased from their main site - just emailed ([email protected] ) to ask about shipping about 4 days ago - emailed back the next day saying shipping goes out May 10th. Who knows - maybe they are prioritizing purchases in their response. I would ask them a question and state it as a pre-sale question - that always gets them.

Last edited:
I intend on doing so. Are you planning on ordering one?
Ordered from the main website a few weeks ago when it finally went back up for preorder. It's due to ship around may 10th.

A couple things to note - on amazon you might get the 5% prime account discount and it lists $100 less but you pay $30 for shipping plus tax. At the main website, there is no tax or shipping and I can get some cash back with my other credit card. So, the best value can vary depending on your situation.

I purchased from their main site - just emailed ([email protected] ) to ask about shipping about 4 days ago - emailed back the next day saying shipping goes out May 10th. Who knows - maybe they are prioritizing purchases in their response. I would ask them a question and state it as a pre-sale question - that always gets them.

Same, I too have received emails back from [email protected] the next day or two. Like you said, an email that sounds like a potential sale will likely illicit a faster response. What color did you order?

Ordered from the main website a few weeks ago when it finally went back up for preorder. It's due to ship around may 10th.

A couple things to note - on amazon you might get the 5% prime account discount and it lists $100 less but you pay $30 for shipping plus tax. At the main website, there is no tax or shipping and I can get some cash back with my other credit card. So, the best value can vary depending on your situation.

For me the minor difference in totals would come to $1401.24 from Amazon vs $1399.00 from the Eahora website. Good idea on the cashback credit card.

Last edited:
Court reviewed the Synergy Kahuna which looks nearly identical to the X7/X7 Plus. I would expect similar performance and it was nice to see all the little details like the rear suspension working in action.

Synergy Kahuna Review

synergy-kahuna-1200x800-c-default.jpg

Same, I too have received emails back from [email protected] the next day or two. Like you said, an email that sounds like a potential sale will likely illicit a faster response. What color did you order?

For me the minor difference in totals would come to $1401.24 from Amazon vs $1399.00 from the Eahora website. Good idea on the cashback credit card.
I went with the green. I did like that pale yellow too.

Court reviewed the Synergy Kahuna which looks nearly identical to the X7/X7 Plus. I would expect similar performance and it was nice to see all the little details like the rear suspension working in action.

Synergy Kahuna Review
Interesting - really similar frame for sure with a couple pluses and minuses - love they have the 750W motor, but no regen feature. Looks like they also limited top speed to 20 for greater sales appeal in limiting locations.

Battery looks like another possible option for the X7 too.

Last edited:
My X7+ plus was shipped yesterday! Arrives on the 12th. Cant wait. Looks like this round is also sold out as far as the main website listing goes.

My X7+ plus was shipped yesterday! Arrives on the 12th. Cant wait. Looks like this round is also sold out as far as the main website listing goes.

Nice, I'm excited for you! They emailed me back and said all the colors have been sold and the next batch won't be available until June.

Thats shitty because i bought one a month ago. Now the battery is acting up and they won't reply to me. Plus i have other issues. I should have bought from a reputable company and not from china. Y'all been warned

Thats shitty because i bought one a month ago. Now the battery is acting up and they won't reply to me. Plus i have other issues. I should have bought from a reputable company and not from china. Y'all been warned

Mine was also shipped yesterday. I would highly recommend purchasing through Amazon, just because its another layer of accountability. They do not want bad reviews there, and if something arrives broken Amazon covers it if they dont respond.

Back