X7 discussion

Sorry, let me introduce myself. From Seattle area and totally new to biking in general. This is going to be my first large purchase and thinking ebike will be fun and functional instead of driving to work and also for picking up errands.

I have read some reviews that X7 plus rides tall and so was wondering what is the lowest position for the seat and riders 5.9 and 5.4 tall can comfortably reach the ground with their foot, while seated.. Appreciate your views and response.
I'm 6'5" and my wife is 5'9" I find the X7+ fits me OK with the seat at it's highest point. Although the X7+ fits her, she prefers a smaller, lighter frame. We are getting different fat tire folding bikes (a slightly bigger bike for me, smaller and lighter for her) and the Eahora will be given to another family member.

I am 5 feet 9 and my wife 5.5. How is the fit on X7 plus? I am seriously considering ordering it today.
I just ordered mine so I'll let others chime in - it does say on the site: 5'4"- 6'5" - so it sounds like your wife might have an issue depending on leg vs torso length.

I'm 6'5" and my wife is 5'9" I find the X7+ fits me OK with the seat at it's highest point. Although the X7+ fits her, she prefers a smaller, lighter frame. We are getting different fat tire folding bikes (a slightly bigger bike for me, smaller and lighter for her) and the Eahora will be given to another family member.

Thanks RMK. Please let me know which bike you are thinking for her, if you are ok sharing that information. That would be something to consider for me!

Thanks RMK. Please let me know which bike you are thinking for her, if you are ok sharing that information. That would be something to consider for me!

We are getting the Rattan XL and X models. It is a crown funding situation but the prices are good and the risks low as they are currently shipping bikes. You can also add accessories (Perks) to your "contribution" and they build to suit. I got the Full suspension, larger battery (17ah), Fast Charger and got the rack fender option for the wife. They also offer Cruise Control and extra tires.

I ordered in December but due to Covid-19, delivery was delayed. They are back in business now and shipping finished bikes. Our bikes will be shipping this month. New orders are expected to go out in May. I expect that the delivery would be similar to an Eahora order now.

I am 5'10" and at the lowest seat position (34 inches) I can barely put my feet on the ground. Also, the lowest point of the frame where the handle to lift the bike is located is at 27 inches from the ground, so its not easy to mount the bike this way. I hope this is helpful.
Thanks Pat, this is really helpful to know of your experience.
We are getting the Rattan XL and X models. It is a crown funding situation but the prices are good and the risks low as they are currently shipping bikes. You can also add accessories (Perks) to your "contribution" and they build to suit. I got the Full suspension, larger battery (17ah), Fast Charger and got the rack fender option for the wife. They also offer Cruise Control and extra tires.

I ordered in December but due to Covid-19, delivery was delayed. They are back in business now and shipping finished bikes. Our bikes will be shipping this month. New orders are expected to go out in May. I expect that the delivery would be similar to an Eahora order now.

Wow, the Rattan XL and X models are very impressive. I really want to get the Rattan XL, but no idea for a 31 inch in seem, 5.9 person if XL would be too large for me.

Hi RMK, when you say the X7+ fits your wife, does her feet comfortably reach the ground while on the saddle? I am asking because @PatForbes being 5'10" had mentioned that at 34 inches lowest position his feet barely touches the ground.

Hi RMK, when you say the X7+ fits your wife, does her feet comfortably reach the ground while on the saddle? I am asking because @PatForbes being 5'10" had mentioned that at 34 inches lowest position his feet barely touches the ground.

She rode a smaller frame ebike earlier this year (loved it) and thinks the Eahora feels "big". She has long legs and has no problem reaching the ground. I think it is the weight of the Eahora that bothers her.
BTW, standard bike fitting says that while seated on the bike only your toes reaching the ground puts you in the best position to pedal.

Hey folks, for x7+ what is the distance between the middle of the saddle and the handle bar? Is it 16.5 inches?

After the first 13 miles it's had shown full 5 bars, and then after another 5 miles had dropped to 3 bars and stayed that way till the end. I think it was because I've been messing with the settings. Like I said, lesson learned.

Hi @PatForbes, did you figure out why X7 plus electric just died after 3 bars? It is nice to be able to use throttle while on pedal assist, especially while starting off to get an initial boost. Kind of crazy that though battery showed 3 bars, it died on you.

Hi @PatForbes, did you figure out why X7 plus electric just died after 3 bars? It is nice to be able to use throttle while on pedal assist, especially while starting off to get an initial boost. Kind of crazy that though battery showed 3 bars, it died on you.
I've no idea what caused that. I've changed the settings to default, but still I can't make 20 miles on mostly throttle only. I have to recharge after 12 miles so I can get back home without problems.

Maybe because it's the weight. I'm 250 and when I add some groceries at my way back home there's a problem with not enough power to assist. The power drops to 3 bars on the dial and then I have to use the pedals only, which uphill the last 2 miles is a bit difficult.

Maybe the power settings can be adjusted to the different values but I have no idea how and where. If anybody can help me with that it'll be great.

By the way, I have only 6 power bars on the dial (even with the speed more than 20 miles/h), not like14 bars in the Manual, so is that ok? I don't think so.

I thought that the settings were set at default but they weren't. The (+) and (i) keys, as in the Manual, are not working. There is a response to (-) (i) keys as going to the default , but I just discovered it doesn't change anything. Anyone knows how to set the default, please let me know.

My UOL1 (which is battery voltage) were set @ 1bar-35.5 (34.5 in the Manual), 2bars-36.5, 3bars-38.5, 4bars-40.5, 5bars-42.4.

Even after 13 miles it shows full 5 bars, so I don't think that "default" setting is ok. My first ride, after 13 miles battery had shown full, so I thought it was fine not to recharge it, but as happened it wasn't.
After another 5 miles, battery suddenly went down to 3 bars and power also to 3 bars, and kaput, no power assist at all. So, I think those settings are wrong.

I changed them now to VOL 1 = 31.5 VOL2 = 34.5 VOL3 = 35.6 VOL4 = 37.4 VOL5 = 39.2 values from the short version of the Manual and will see if this works better.

Also, I had the Current level set to 24.0, so maybe that was the reason. I changed it to 15.0.

I've no idea what caused that. I've changed the settings to default, but still I can't make 20 miles on mostly throttle only. I have to recharge after 12 miles so I can get back home without problems.

Maybe because it's the weight. I'm 250 and when I add some groceries at my way back home there's a problem with not enough power to assist. The power drops to 3 bars on the dial and then I have to use the pedals only, which uphill the last 2 miles is a bit difficult.

Maybe the power settings can be adjusted to the different values but I have no idea how and where. If anybody can help me with that it'll be great.

By the way, I have only 6 power bars on the dial (even with the speed more than 20 miles/h), not like14 bars in the Manual, so is that ok? I don't think so.

I thought that the settings were set at default but they weren't. The (+) and (i) keys, as in the Manual, are not working. There is a response to (-) (i) keys as going to the default , but I just discovered it doesn't change anything. Anyone knows how to set the default, please let me know.

My UOL1 (which is battery voltage) were set @ 1bar-35.5 (34.5 in the Manual), 2bars-36.5, 3bars-38.5, 4bars-40.5, 5bars-42.4.

Even after 13 miles it shows full 5 bars, so I don't think that "default" setting is ok. My first ride, after 13 miles battery had shown full, so I thought it was fine not to recharge it, but as happened it wasn't.
After another 5 miles, battery suddenly went down to 3 bars and power also to 3 bars, and kaput, no power assist at all. So, I think those settings are wrong.

I changed them now to VOL 1 = 31.5 VOL2 = 34.5 VOL3 = 35.6 VOL4 = 37.4 VOL5 = 39.2 values from the short version of the Manual and will see if this works better.

Also, I had the Current level set to 24.0, so maybe that was the reason. I changed it to 15.0.
How did things work out?

How did things work out?
Well, I think it's getting better. I've changed the UOL1 settings because the previous ones didn't show the change in battery level. So now, I can see when the battery goes from 5 to 4 to 3 (that's the lowest I allowed to go down to). I wonder how is possible to see if the recharging is working? Also, I would gladly like to know the wole thing with the recharging is being implemented in practice. I mean, the explanation how and what to do step by step. Otherwise, now I can make 10 miles on the throttle only and the battery goes down to 3 or with some PAS2 it goes down only to 4.

Well, I think it's getting better. I've changed the UOL1 settings because the previous ones didn't show the change in battery level. So now, I can see when the battery goes from 5 to 4 to 3 (that's the lowest I allowed to go down to). I wonder how is possible to see if the recharging is working? Also, I would gladly like to know the wole thing with the recharging is being implemented in practice. I mean, the explanation how and what to do step by step. Otherwise, now I can make 10 miles on the throttle only and the battery goes down to 3 or with some PAS2 it goes down only to 4.

You can see the amp intake for the E-PAS regeneration. It's the side button above the light button on right hand side on the + and - button control panel. Scroll through the odometer and mph avg until you get to Ah(amp hours). This setting let's you see the amp hours coming in when riding. For example -negative numbers means its charging and +positive numbers is the energy that is used. I use this when im coasting and going downhill to see how much charge i gain while riding. Hope this explanation makes sense and helps

10 miles per bar on throttle only sounds about right. I avg 12.5 miles per bar. But i am diligent on regenerating my battery while i ride with E-PAS and am lucky to have all these little hills around here. I can confidently say that i have gotten on average of 70 miles per charge due to the way i ride. I rarely use pas3 (only for fun and getting through sketchy intersections) but i mainly use pas2 on my trips so i can easily drop down one to pas1 to recharge. I weigh 145 lbs also.

You can see the amp intake for the E-PAS regeneration. It's the side button above the light button on right hand side on the + and - button control panel. Scroll through the odometer and mph avg until you get to Ah(amp hours). This setting let's you see the amp hours coming in when riding. For example -negative numbers means its charging and +positive numbers is the energy that is used. I use this when im coasting and going downhill to see how much charge i gain while riding. Hope this explanation makes sense and helps
Thanks. I thought so that was it, but then I've noticed on downhill and PAS2 on that the Ah has been on steady 0.00 So, I don't know. I have to check that again tomorrow.

10 miles per bar on throttle only sounds about right. I avg 12.5 miles per bar. But i am diligent on regenerating my battery while i ride with E-PAS and am lucky to have all these little hills around here. I can confidently say that i have gotten on average of 70 miles per charge due to the way i ride. I rarely use pas3 (only for fun and getting through sketchy intersections) but i mainly use pas2 on my trips so i can easily drop down one to pas1 to recharge. I weigh 145 lbs also.
So, the recharge is only on PAS1? I thought it works also on PAS2.

Back