X7 discussion

Thanks for the tip on the head tube nut. I will tighten mine this am. As for the throttle only mileage, based upon my 10 mile throttle only ride ride last week, I think 30 miles would be a minimum range throttle only. Temp, battery state, payload and terrain would be variables. I will say, range is much better than expected but I can also say that about the bike in general.

Checking the tightness of that nut was an easy fix and that should be part of the initial setup check for the bikes. That should include checking all critical components for adjusting/tightening. There are some good YouTube videos on mountain bike maintenance that cover the the basics. Thanks again for posting that info. :cool:

Has anyone put a rack on their bike yet? If so, can we see a pic? Also has anyone put fenders on yet? I'm curious as to how it looks.

What add-ons has everyone included?

Here is my x5 custom rack !

Have also noticed the P1 a little laggy I think it's how it's how it's supposed to be . Just did some riding on the ice and I was whipping shitties and carving in the 4 inches snow of starting to freeze back over putting my foot down brrrraaaapp. A high school kid was watching me he saw me dump in the slush at the boat ramp edge I kinda went in the drink ! He was like wtf is that thing ?

Super stoked i got this since the ski hill closed 3 weeks early I could have gone a bunch . With the e bike I can surf that instead

Attachments

• IMG_20200318_211851979.jpg
    IMG_20200318_211851979.jpg
    808.7 KB · Views: 425
Just got and tried the Rattan Fat Bear fenders from Amazon and they fit perfectly! So stoked!!! Now I just need a rack haha. They were 49.99 when I got them last week but now they’re 59.99. But man so worth it if you ride in wet areas! Its like they were made for this bike

Rattan Fat Bear Electric Bicycle Steel Fender Set Mudguard Ebike Front Rear Fender for Metal Fat Bear matel Mud Guard Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084TQH6LZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_HrdDEbG13N7FA

First pic you can see my hammered down/makeshift front fender that was for a 3” tire, and cheap plastic floating rear fender that was fine, but now I can get a floating rear rack in its place. 😁

Attachments

• 4F3E17E4-86F7-4B51-B7DA-3F7360769069.jpeg
    4F3E17E4-86F7-4B51-B7DA-3F7360769069.jpeg
    501 KB · Views: 477
  • 5ECCF479-30AC-4331-BA30-F49ECAB2E6F7.jpeg
    5ECCF479-30AC-4331-BA30-F49ECAB2E6F7.jpeg
    498 KB · Views: 494
Just got and tried the Rattan Fat Bear fenders from Amazon and they fit perfectly! So stoked!!! Now I just need a rack haha. They were 49.99 when I got them last week but now they’re 59.99. But man so worth it if you ride in wet areas! Its like they were made for this bike

Rattan Fat Bear Electric Bicycle Steel Fender Set Mudguard Ebike Front Rear Fender for Metal Fat Bear matel Mud Guard Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084TQH6LZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_HrdDEbG13N7FA

First pic you can see my hammered down/makeshift front fender that was for a 3” tire, and cheap plastic floating rear fender that was fine, but now I can get a floating rear rack in its place. 😁

Did you have to make any adjustments or did it fit like a glove? Looks really good

Can't confirm on rim size. But i noticed while while going through the settings that my wheel size was set to 24 and not 20? Has anyone noticed this? This would effect speed readings, mileage, and other things. I want to change it to 20, but i will wait to hear the forums thoughts on this.

Can't confirm on rim size. But i noticed while while going through the settings that my wheel size was set to 24 and not 20? Has anyone noticed this? This would effect speed readings, mileage, and other things. I want to change it to 20, but i will wait to hear the forums thoughts on this.
I believe 24" is the correct setting. That is the total diameter of the wheel with the tires. I've read that several times from several sources.

Can you send me a apple ? I'm developing scurvy due to my market being out of produce . 😁

I believe 24" is the correct setting. That is the total diameter of the wheel with the tires. I've read that several times from several sources.
I measured my wheel and i got 22 inches with the tire. Maybe i measured wrong. I emailed eahora for clarification. I will post their response

Outside diameter depends upon tire pressure. The manual states that 24" is the default and riding on my local trail (American River Bike Trail :cool: ) which has mile markers has verified the relative accuracy of the speedo and odometer.

Outside diameter depends upon tire pressure. The manual states that 24" is the default and riding on my local trail (American River Bike Trail :cool: ) which has mile markers has verified the relative accuracy of the speedo and odometer.
Cool. That was going to be my next step. Thanks. Eahora said 24 also

The value of user creativity.

I was browsing youtube and saw this video to stop battery rattle. It's for the X6 but applies to all the Eahora folders. I decided to do something similar using velcro but instead of wrapping the battery, I cut 4 small pieces (1" X 2") of the felt side of some self-adhesive velcro I had on hand and attached those to the 4 sides of the battery near the head tube end.

Notable is that when I removed the battery, I noticed the head tube end cap of the battery had cracked at the end cap screw and the battery end cap has started to separate from the casing. I removed the screw, re-seated the battery end cap and replaced the screw. I then reinserted the battery (tight fit) but all the rattling around of the battery stopped. I think this will ensure that the battery end cap will be fine and the battery is now secure.

I had not removed the battery since initial installation because I've been keeping the bike indoors so I'm not worried about ambient temp issues. I use the charge port and would not have noticed this issue with the battery end cap and just put up with the battery rattle thinking there were no issues other than the annoying rattle when riding fast over rough terrain. The velcro does make the battery fit snug and might present an extraction problem if I were removing the battery frequently but I feel that the snug fit will prevent damage to the battery case and eliminate the rattle so it's a good trade off.

My thanks to the owner who made the youtube video ...

Hey guys , just had this condensation happen it's going away though . it's in the sun now it's a hot sun .I can't store it inside yesterday high of 50 low of 22 not bringing battery in always . My street is mud to go to pavement or drier areas . Its mud season . Haven't been getting rapid battery loss . But I probably will have to replace earlier than you fair climate dwellers . In Dead of winter I will keep it in Dec,JanFeb where lowest low is -30 avg of 10 above for a fairly long period

Back