Why does it seem Vado owners are getting KINEKT 2.1 vs Redshift Seat Post ?

Redshift may write what they like ;)
I have no dog in this hunt, however, as an engineer I see that their post is accurate.
Independent reviews on line back this up... Redshift has the superior design. YMMV. ;)

Last edited:
I suspect that rider weight has a lot to do with which post works better for a particular individual and I'm probably on the lighter end of the spectrum here. Having bought and been unhappy with two "highly rated" posts, I'm going to try one more this season. I have plenty of money, but that doesn't mean that I like throwing it away. So this time I'm going more by my own research and pay less attention to anecdotal opinions. There are a lot of factors at play and I'm pretty sure that what works for me (if anything) may or may not apply to anyone else.

In addition to a half dozen cheapo spring suspension posts, I have the Kinekt 2.1, the Redshift Shockstop, the Thudbuster LT and Thudbuster ST posts. All have their pro's & cons with some being better suited to a particular bike, riding style or road surface. These are my observations:

For very rough trails, the Thudbuster LT works best for me due to it's 3" travel range. All the other posts have just 1.5" of travel. It's elastomer is easy to change & adjust.

Due to it's vertical movement, I like the "float" effect of the Kinekt when properly adjusted. However the 1.5" travel range is compromised a bit to achieve this. I like this post best for semi smooth surfaces.

For rougher surfaces, the Redshift is a bit better since spring tension adjustments (preload) does not affect the travel range. The springs are in the post itself and the adjustment is made at the bottom end of the post.

Another advantage of the Redshift is it requires less seat rail to seat tube clearance than all the other posts. This is an important factor for many who are looking at suspension posts.

The Thudbuster ST is my least used post. It's elastomer is difficult to change and getting the correct adjustment is difficult. I mainly keep it on one of my conventional Trek MTB's which is used infrequently now for short rides.

One of the biggest advantages to having multiple posts is this: I often ride long trails and sometimes switch posts mid ride. I do this by starting the ride in the middle of the trail and riding in two directions. I stop at my vehicle on the way back and switch from the Redshift to the Kinekt or vice versa. It's surprising how much it lessens "buttitis" and extends my comfort range.

If I had to choose a single post right now, for the average type of riding I do, it would be a close call but I would likely choose the Kinekt. A year ago, it would have been the Thudbuster LT. The Redshift is fairly new though and maybe next year, I'll say it's the better post.

Keep in mind that these are just my opinions based on my own experience. The best seatpost is the one you are happy with and the one that works well for your own personal needs.

In addition to a half dozen cheapo spring suspension posts, I have the Kinekt 2.1, the Redshift Shockstop, the Thudbuster LT and Thudbuster ST posts. All have their pro's & cons with some being better suited to a particular bike, riding style or road surface. These are my observations:

For very rough trails, the Thudbuster LT works best for me due to it's 3" travel range. All the other posts have just 1.5" of travel. It's elastomer is easy to change & adjust.

Due to it's vertical movement, I like the "float" effect of the Kinekt when properly adjusted. However the 1.5" travel range is compromised a bit to achieve this. I like this post best for semi smooth surfaces.

For rougher surfaces, the Redshift is a bit better since spring tension adjustments (preload) does not affect the travel range. The springs are in the post itself and the adjustment is made at the bottom end of the post.

Another advantage of the Redshift is it requires less seat rail to seat tube clearance than all the other posts. This is an important factor for many who are looking at suspension posts.

The Thudbuster ST is my least used post. It's elastomer is difficult to change and getting the correct adjustment is difficult. I mainly keep it on one of my conventional Trek MTB's which is used infrequently now for short rides.

One of the biggest advantages to having multiple posts is this: I often ride long trails and sometimes switch posts mid ride. I do this by starting the ride in the middle of the trail and riding in two directions. I stop at my vehicle on the way back and switch from the Redshift to the Kinekt or vice versa. It's surprising how much it lessens "buttitis" and extends my comfort range.

If I had to choose a single post right now, for the average type of riding I do, it would be a close call but I would likely choose the Kinekt. A year ago, it would have been the Thudbuster LT. The Redshift is fairly new though and maybe next year, I'll say it's the better post.

Keep in mind that these are just my opinions based on my own experience. The best seatpost is the one you are happy with and the one that works well for your own personal needs.
Great unbiased report
Even though I have a Giant Deft Di2, a GT Grade Converted with a"750w Bafang which is an animal and a Storck Scenero which I converted to single speed and fixie with a Flip Flop as well as a Kona Kula Mountain bike, they all sit in the garage like old maids since the arrival of my Creo some 8k miles ago, so one suspension saddle will suffice as I don't really do off road

In addition to a half dozen cheapo spring suspension posts, I have the Kinekt 2.1, the Redshift Shockstop, the Thudbuster LT and Thudbuster ST posts.
All have their pro's & cons with some being better suited to a particular bike, riding style or road surface. These are my observations:
  • For very rough trails, the Thudbuster LT works best for me due to it's 3" travel range. All the other posts have just 1.5" of travel. It's elastomer is easy to change & adjust.
  • Due to it's vertical movement, I like the "float" effect of the Kinekt when properly adjusted. However the 1.5" travel range is compromised a bit to achieve this. I like this post best for semi smooth surfaces.
  • For rougher surfaces, the Redshift is a bit better since spring tension adjustments (preload) does not affect the travel range. The springs are in the post itself and the adjustment is made at the bottom end of the post.
  • Another advantage of the Redshift is it requires less seat rail to seat tube clearance than all the other posts. This is an important factor for many who are looking at suspension posts.
  • The Thudbuster ST is my least used post. It's elastomer is difficult to change and getting the correct adjustment is difficult. I mainly keep it on one of my conventional Trek MTB's which is used infrequently now for short rides.

If I had to choose a single post right now, for the average type of riding I do, it would be a close call but I would likely choose the Kinekt. A year ago, it would have been the Thudbuster LT. The Redshift is fairly new though and maybe next year, I'll say it's the better post. Keep in mind that these are just my opinions based on my own experience. The best seatpost is the one you are happy with and the one that works well for your own personal needs.
Great analysis... different horses for courses. Thanks for posting on EBR. ;)
I have collected a half dozen seat posts and have come to similar conclusions.

I suspect that rider weight has a lot to do with which post works better for a particular individual and I'm probably on the lighter end of the spectrum here. Having bought and been unhappy with two "highly rated" posts, I'm going to try one more this season. I have plenty of money, but that doesn't mean that I like throwing it away. So this time I'm going more by my own research and pay less attention to anecdotal opinions. There are a lot of factors at play and I'm pretty sure that what works for me (if anything) may or may not apply to anyone else.
Can I ask what seat post you ended up liking as a lighter weight rider? I find myself in the same position. Thanks.

Can I ask what seat post you ended up liking as a lighter weight rider? I find myself in the same position. Thanks.
I really like the Redshift post. I weigh about 155lbs (well, a bit more after this week :D) and the Redshift gives me good compliance over the small bumps, pavement joints, etc. that we have around here. Technically it is more difficult to adjust, but still it only took me one additional adjustment after initially setting it per the guidelines. My wife also really likes the one I put on her Trek Verve+ and she's more like 115, and I got a third one for my conventional hybrid bike.

I really like the Redshift post. I weigh about 155lbs (well, a bit more after this week :D) and the Redshift gives me good compliance over the small bumps, pavement joints, etc. that we have around here. Technically it is more difficult to adjust, but still it only took me one additional adjustment after initially setting it per the guidelines. My wife also really likes the one I put on her Trek Verve+ and she's more like 115, and I got a third one for my conventional hybrid bike.
Thank you, my girlfriend is ~120 lbs and I will go ahead and get the redshift for her vado. Makes the decision a lot easier to know your wife likes it at around the same weight.

Thank you, my girlfriend is ~120 lbs and I will go ahead and get the redshift for her vado. Makes the decision a lot easier to know your wife likes it at around the same weight.
Bear in mind the Redshift seatpost is only offered in 27.2 mm diameter. If you are talking about the full-power Vado, you would need to use a shim for the 30.9 mm seat-tube.

Again, both systems are equal performers. The edge of Kinekt 2.1 is availability in 30.9 mm directly. That's why I ride Kinekt on my Vado, and Redshift on my Vado SL :)
Note: Kinekt comes with replacement springs for different rider's weight. The "light" (violet) spring works for the rider's weight of 100-150 lbs. When ordering, you should specify the preferred rider's weight though to get the right spring set.

1640766518260.png

Last edited:
Riding an e-bike makes you fat? Is this weight gained by not working out as hard? :D (Just a joke, Stefan!)
Ha ha Rochrunner,
Does the class of ebikes make a difference in weight gain? A class 3 adds 20 lbs to the rider whereas a class one adds 10 lbs? 😆 😝 lol

When I ordered the Kinekt seat post the rep from Cirrus said to add 20 lbs. He said bumps are magnified due to the increased weight and speed. So getting the correct springs and dial in the setting is important. I was surprise but found this to be true.

When I ordered the Kinekt seat post the rep from Cirrus said to add 20 lbs. He said bumps are magnified due to the increased weight and speed. So getting the correct springs and dial in the setting is important. I was surprise but found this to be true.
Aye. I am in the upper limit of the MD spring and find my rides too bouncy. I should find the LG spring that came with the seatpost and actually use it.

Aye. I am in the upper limit of the MD spring and find my rides too bouncy. I should find the LG spring that came with the seatpost and actually use it.

Same here, I’m at upper limit of the purple springs, including the extra 20 lbs. The rep said to use one purple and one black (next size up) spring and it’s fabulous now.

Same here, I’m at upper limit of the purple springs, including the extra 20 lbs. The rep said to use one purple and one black (next size up) spring and it’s fabulous now.
I didn't know I should have added the 20 pounds... Now all is clear to me!

Back