Why does it seem Vado owners are getting KINEKT 2.1 vs Redshift Seat Post ?

Thanks for the lead! Which seat post diameter and length do I need for the Turbo's? (or does it vary by model? I haven't picked my Turbo yet but am confident I'll want this regardless of which one I get and wouldn't mind benefitting from the sale.
This is from Court's review of the 2020 Turbo Vado 5.0. Same spec for the 2020 Turbo Vado 4.0. Due to a bend in the lower seat tube, I found the "short length" version of the Kinekt 2.1 worked well, with no cutting needed.

SEAT POST:
Forged Aluminum Alloy, Punched Out for Weight Savings, Single-Bolt Clamp, 21mm Offset, Micro Adjust
SEAT POST LENGTH:
340 mm
SEAT POST DIAMETER:
30.9 mm

FYI, I am 5'11" and ride the "Large" High Step 2020 Turbo Vado 4.0 and purchased the "short" length (350mm) Kinekt 2.1, it has plenty of length. I purchased the same "short" length for my wife's 2020 Turbo Vado 5.0 (She is 5'3" and rides a size "Medium - Step Thru). The weight dictates the springs you need. I am 205 lbs and got the "Large" (200 - 250 lbs) springs. My wife's weight falls in the middle of the"small" (100 - 150 lbs) category, so I ordered her the "small" (100 - 150 lbs) springs, that was a mistake, I had to switch hers out to the medium (150 - 200 lbs) springs (which were included with the purchase). There is even an XL for heavier riders. If you order too light on the springs, you will have to adjust too much preload and will lose a good amount of travel. Hope this helps.

Note: If you are looking for a suspension seat post for the Turbo Vado SL, per Court's review of the 2020 Turbo Vado SL 4.0 EQ, the seat post diameter is smaller (27.2 mm)!

Last edited:
The point is, if any of you knows what e-bike will be used, why to use the shims?
I have 3 Bikes Two of which have 27.2 Dia Seat Stems The Vado is 30.9 : Since I already have a Redshift Sports I really don't need the Other. However at 24% savings Why not : :)

This is from Court's review of the 2020 Turbo Vado 5.0. Same spec for the 2020 Turbo Vado 4.0. Due to a bend in the lower seat tube, I found the "short length" version of the Kinekt 2.1 worked well, with no cutting needed.

SEAT POST:
Forged Aluminum Alloy, Punched Out for Weight Savings, Single-Bolt Clamp, 21mm Offset, Micro Adjust
SEAT POST LENGTH:
340 mm
SEAT POST DIAMETER:
30.9 mm

FYI, I am 5'11" and ride the "Large" High Step 2020 Turbo Vado 4.0 and purchased the "short" length (350mm) Kinekt 2.1, it has plenty of length. I purchased the same "short" length for my wife's 2020 Turbo Vado 5.0 (She is 5'3" and rides a size "Medium - Step Thru). The weight dictates the springs you need. I am 205 lbs and got the "Large" (200 - 250 lbs) springs. My wife's weight falls in the middle of the"small" (100 - 150 lbs) category, so I ordered her the "small" (100 - 150 lbs) springs, that was a mistake, I had to switch hers out to the medium (150 - 200 lbs) springs (which were included with the purchase). There is even an XL for heavier riders. If you order too light on the springs, you will have to adjust too much preload and will lose a good amount of travel. Hope this helps.

Note: If you are looking for a suspension seat post for the Turbo Vado SL, per Court's review of the 2020 Turbo Vado SL 4.0 EQ, the seat post diameter is smaller (27.2 mm)!
Good Points :Thanks for the Length Confirmation : Your wife's situation is Mine I am just slightly over 6' Tall and weigh about 178lb > So I am right in that middle area . Especially if I add a Few pounds of Winter Clothes in 2 months : Thinking I should go the Large 200-250 myself.

As I said, let's say he got a different bike in the future. He could likely still use the 27.2 post on the new bike, regardless of the new bike's actual size. If he got a Como and bought a 30.9 post, if the new bike used a smaller size, he'd have to buy another post.
Were I him, I would buy the seat-post after I have bought the bike ;)

Were I him, I would buy the seat-post after I have bought the bike ;)
I have the Bike already : I was actually thinking since I already have the Redshift : I may not like the Kinekt enough to keep it : If that were the case a 27.2 would likely be easier to re-sell then a 30.9 or larger Butttttttttttt it was just marbles floating around up there :)

Does anyone know if either the Kinekt or the Redshift can work with Turbos that have the LED taillight mounted to the underside of the saddle?

The LBS where I got my Como 4.0 that is configured this way has done the Thudbuster this with this configuration, apparently drilling a small hole for the wire. I'd rather have one of these, particularly the Kinekt, but not if it's not going to be workable with my taillight.

I've put a little over 1000 miles on my Como 3.0 this season and between the Cup saddle and cushy tires I haven't felt the need to invest in a suspension seat post. Granted almost all of those miles were ridden on pavement, however a fair amount of rough stretches here and there.

That said I am quite happy with the comfort upgrades I made upfront, Redshift suspension stem and the Ergon Gp2 grips.

If anybody wants a Thudbuster that will fit either the Como or Vado, 30.9 seatpost, I have 2 that I will sell, like new, one with almost 1k miles, for $75 ea. to conus. These are the long seatpost. Just haven't gotten around to listing them.

Correction, one is 27.2mm, one is 30.9mm seatpost, both long. 420mm.

If anybody wants a Thudbuster that will fit either the Como or Vado, 30.9 seatpost, I have 2 that I will sell, like new, one with almost 1k miles, for $75 ea. to conus. These are the long seatpost. Just haven't gotten around to listing them.

Correction, one is 27.2mm, one is 30.9mm seatpost, both long. 420mm.

Are you getting something new or not sticking with a suspension seatpost?

Let me tell you one thing:
After I replaced 2" Electrak tyres with 1.75" Smart Sam ones on my Vado, my suspension handlebars and seatpost started really working. Meaning: The two-inch tyres had been doing most of the vibration-dampening work. Como has even thicker tyres.

Actually, provided the Summer Sale is still going on, you can get 25% off of the $250 price of the Kinekt 2.1 on the Selle Anatomica website https://selleanatomica.com/collections/seatposts . I just checked the website (09/14/2020 - 8:20 am pst) and saw that this sale banner is still up. "Code SUMMER25 Saves you 25% on $150+" I bought two Kinekt 2.1's from Selle Anatomica at 25% off. Their saddles are amazing as well, I purchased the H2, also at 25% off.

Just ordered the Kinekt 2.1 and got 25% off with the code "FALL25".

Now all I have to figure out is how to route the tail light wire, so conveniently built into the saddle of the Como!

Just ordered the Kinekt 2.1 and got 25% off with the code "FALL25".

Now all I have to figure out is how to route the tail light wire, so conveniently built into the saddle of the Como!

Bonus points if you can post pictures and a description of that process!

In the spirit of "The perfect is the enemy of the good enough."

The Como tail light wire has some very nifty thin connectors just below the seat post.

D1F0D4CA-BD53-4116-8156-76A6CBF24F0B.jpg

Using the end of a steel tape measure, I determined how far the seat clamp assembly was inserted into the top of the seat post.

I dropped down a little below that point an drilled a 3/16" hole into the post at the back portion, chamfering the edges and deburring the inside by scraping as best I could. I happened to have a spare gadget clamp in my bike parts bin, so I used that to anchor the wire in place to avoid it chafing on the seat post hole. (If I trusted how big a hole I could drill safely, I would have used a rubber grommet.) I sealed around the wire with some black silicone.
I cut the wire a few inches below the seat and soldered in another wire to a second tail light, covering the joint with shrink wrap.

DE512781-A423-4F15-9BA9-E7198F1F5E61.jpg

I had on hand a very bright 6V LED tail light and wanted to include that in the installation. I loosened the existing tail light screws (held with blue Loctite) and inserted a mounting arm I made of scrap aluminum on the left side, and couple of washers as spacers on the right (to prevent the OEM tail light from being tilted too badly when I replaced it). I felt there were enough threads engaged to securely hold the OEM light, replacing the Loctite for the re-installation.

F87650E0-ADC8-4DD9-8F44-B6E1E095FB50.jpg

I covered my auxiliary tail light with some old inner tube and used a hose clamp to fasten it to the aluminum mounting arm, after painting it and the clamp flat black out of a rattle can. I could have attached it with tie-wraps, but I felt the stainless steel hose clamp would be more secure, if more clunky looking.

3417A945-3967-4B64-B05B-B3F4B635BCBD.jpg

Here's an overall sideview and another from the rear showing the brightness. I use the setting where it strobes very quickly for about a second and pauses for a half second before repeating. I can watch cars change lanes behind me about a 1/4 mile away. Love that!

9A83AA74-ED86-4BBE-AF36-6E40C40B4196.jpg

4CD8F5B9-EC88-46E7-90AB-F425DB8C0B47.jpg

Of course the whole thing would have been much more elegant by skipping the strobe light, or if I had chosen to mount it on the back of the rear rack.
As my grandfather used to say after one of his projects, "It may not be much on looks, but it's hell for stout."

Last edited:
I cannot answer your question but perhaps you ride your Como for a few days and find out if you need the suspension seat-post at all?
@Marcela: What Como do you own?
@Art Deco?
I don't need a suspension seat for mine ... a Como 3 ... my legs are done long before I'd ever even notice the seat ... but as far as the underseat tail light goes, it's pretty useless with my rack and fenders, so I just put a battery powered blinky light on the rack. I hope to use the under seat wire to power a usb port.

Yours is equipped with pretty thick tyres, isn't it Art? I started appreciating my shock-absorbing handlebars and the Kinekt after I replaced the 2" tyres with 1.75" ones...

Yours is equipped with pretty thick tyres, isn't it Art? I started appreciating my shock-absorbing handlebars and the Kinekt after I replaced the 2" tyres with 1.75" ones...
Yes. "Balloon Tires" not "Fat Tires", with wide plush seat, and padded grips well above seat height. Works for me.
There are really only two seating positions for me: Really upright or in pain. Probably b/c I am bone on bone from knees to neck ... nothing left of those disks that are suppossed to be between the vertebrae ? spelling?
Anyway, according to the doctors of 30+ years ago, I'm not even suppossed to be walking, much less riding, running, kicking over my head, and standing on one leg in a tree pose. So I don't miss riding a mountain bike or drop bars.

Back