Why are Threads Being Deleted because Someone Complains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I needed that chuckle. Think a bit harder about your initial " fact" and all the gravitational forces acting on the earth during each circuit.
I'd say think harder about point of view. It could be that the earth is the one static rock and everything moves in even more difficult to explicate manner. It's just considered so much less elegant because of the multiplication of forces and presumed entities required that it doesn't make sense to hold that belief. If the solar system is considered the universe, it looks like the earth revolves on its axis and moves around the sun.

NASA GISS Gavin Schmidt saying it is a fact that 2014 was the hottest year on record https://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/11727
But only 38% probability it's true.

Hottest year ever, then they try to climb down to "most likely winning candidate"... of their horse race with photo finish of horses from each of 120 races all mapped on to of each other and the film records individually reworked and adjusted and filled in hundreds of times each.

More spin:

Last edited:
Hey all! It's your neighborhood moderator here. Most members here are adults and should know how to debate constructively. There is going to be a difference of opinion, which is healthy, but some find it extremely difficult to refrain from name-calling, passive-aggressive, and insulting comments. EBR lives by etiquette contained here, the main idea is to be kind and ignore if you cannot. When members get out of hand, they are either messaged and/or given a warning and if it continues then they are banned from the forum. Almost every decision that a moderator makes to either edit or remove posts, close a thread, or remove a thread is the wrong decision in somebody's eyes. We do not play favorites, but look at the information given and make the best decision. As iabob mentioned, if a thread requires hours of cleanup just to get it to a healthy standpoint, it would likely be closed. What would even be left after the cleanup? This forum is different than most others out there and some may feel we edit too much and censoring what's been said. That may be possible if those members are not following EBR's golden rule: be kind. We value transparency given about a member's experience with a brand if it's done constructively. The same goes for members having a difference of opinion. Lately, because of current events, there's been a lot of political discussion being brought up in one way or another. We allow political discussion if it's related to e-biking. However, there is a fine line and even the slightest bit of discussion creates other political opinions to arise and the thread ends up being closed because it got out of hand. EBR has a small staff and although others can and do moderate at times, I am it. I do my best to moderate how I see fit and I apologize in advance if I have or will upset you based on my actions.
Okay by me if you delete this thread; Itś getting looney toons🤪

Here is the official page showing that although NASA director of GISS declared 2014 the hottest year on record, and that went everywhere on media, the statement's probability of being true was only 38%, as from his own agency reference.

Try claiming as fact something definitive like that in court and then admitting you knew it was more unlikely than likely before you told that untruth.
What would a judge say?

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Yep, showing the fact statement by NASA GISS Director and fact statement from NASA GISS is just so crazy. Taking statements from agency figureheads and governmental agencies as unquestionable truth, is the only decent way to behave. Shout it all down. Have it closed down by crapping in the thread and then calling for censorship.

I think there is a clear correlation between advocating for more censorship and offering unprovoked insults.

.....What happened to the good ole days? Social media and computers. It lets people sit at home and just say any kind of crap they want to. Things that so many would never say to someone's face. The far end of the scale are people that enjoy instigating an argument and making people mad.

Thank your stating facts.

You read so much hate, threats, violence, etc towards ebike and emtb riders, you might actually believe this actually happens in real life. Maybe it does, but I would argue it is extremely rare, and you were really asking for it (intentionally looking for trouble).

Bikers just go about their business and are out for the ride, and not trouble.

This thread is answering its own question.
It is, in that people who don't like their views challenged show that they can create some chaos and then call for removal of thread and or topic, instead of individual reprimands going to rule breakers for rule breaking and then a few times in quick succession and find yourself GONE.

Who was it that said, “Better to remain silent and let others think of you as a fool than speak and remove all doubt”?
Several sources attribute this to Abraham Lincoln. I'm not a rabid student, but from what I've read he did have a dry sense of humor that would fit this quote.

Several sources attribute this to Abraham Lincoln. I'm not a rabid student, but from what I've read he did have a dry sense of humor that would fit this quote.
Mark Twain IIRC. 100 years ago.

"God could create the world in six days because he didn't have to make it compatible with the previous version." - Mark Twain or Bill Gates depending on your sources. 🤣.
I'm just super impressed that creating heaven and earth was done in the dark!
I mean... I can't even restring my guitar in the dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back