Where's Pushkar?

Alarming to me, I ordered a Wattwagon Hydra.
2021 February instead of the Yamaha ydx moro pro.
I texted Pushkar late half of May, replied back 2 days later said my bike will be shipped to Hawaii mid June.
Now I'm questioning myself why I ordered the Hydra .
I already have a class 3 Bulls bike that is barely 2 years and an aventon level.
Where's my Wattwagons Hydra @?^%#!?????
@Rome
If you follow the forum, you know that Covid 19 wrecked the supply chain for E-bike parts, Frames, forks, shocks, derailleur, all of it.

Pushkar has been doing all he can to mange it and keep people informed of the repeating delays and price hikes, but this is out of its hands.

So however frustrating it is, all you can do is be patient. Hydra have started coming in waves now, at the rhythm of frame shipments.

Pushkar has been doing all he can to mange it and keep people informed of the repeating delays and price hikes, but this is out of its hands.
Understand that the paying consumer doesn't care about excuses, this is the fundamental crux of capitalism. People bring their money to those that deliver.

Again, all this avoided with an LBS. Oh yes, I support LBS's all the way, nothing wrong with that.

Lesson to the other readers: Don't put yourself into this bind!

Understand that the paying consumer doesn't care about excuses, this is the fundamental crux of capitalism. People bring their money to those that deliver.

Again, all this avoided with an LBS. Oh yes, I support LBS's all the way, nothing wrong with that.

Lesson to the other readers: Don't put yourself into this bind!
Good luck getting what you want at a LBS right now. The waits are long unless you want to settle and at these price points not everyone is willing to settle.

A local bike shop isn‘t going collaboratively design a bike with a modestly sized group of initial buyers, design and test their own frame, offer the product in basically any color, and customize almost every order. That’s the Helios people are talking about with the year wait time. Many of us already have mainstream name brand bikes. We’re interested in something more. There are other supply chain issues there too with the Helios.

Its a totally different situation than the Hydra.

Good luck getting what you want at a LBS right now.
That's not the point.

I can guarantee that no LBS will never not deliver something after 14 months of taking a buyer's payment in full.

Nor hold a $12K "deposit".

Both OP's have the right to elevate a chargeback on funds, and my opinion is that they should do it asap.

When I buy from amazon or costco or sams club or ferrari or tesla, I don't give a rats arse what their problems are. I paid, I want. Can't deliver? Refund please k thanx.

You are comparing apple and oranges, so no real point there.
A startup with innovative designs has nothing to do with a large mainstream corporation.
If you decide to go with the first one, you know exactly what you are buying into and why you are doing it :)

And if the risks associated with the first one outweigh its potential rewards, then you are free to (and should) stick to mainstream.

@soyabean, you have no clue what you are talking about.

First off, chargeback depends on terms of purchase. The terms of purchase to founders was no refunds. The risks were stated up front. I'm not thrilled with the situation, but it is what it is.

Second, go ahead and buy at your LBS. I have no interest in paying $10K+ for a comparable bike, much less with an underpowered 250W motor.

I thought the thread topic was "Where's Pushkar"?
I'm glad he responds back to some of you. I have tried a half a dozen times to get a response and nada. Makes me think that since I don't have any purchases pending I'm probably not on the" respond now" list. Just a guess. Out here in SD there are a lot of riders that are looking for a decent bike at a decent price ask me about the Bafang Ultra motor but in all good conscience I can't recommend WW.
Looks like a great product (Hydra) and to be honest it's not even about the wait time as most of us have a bike or two to ride in the meantime but about the communication, or lack of. In my instance Pushkar has always been bad about responding to any questions I had except when I first purchased but after delivery it got worse I got nothing. I then could kinda get a response by posting his name on this site about a question I had but not anymore. I thought he was going to have a youtube channel every other week?
Pushkar I say this as a former business owner for a lot of years you gotta respond to people if you want to succeed. Good news or bad just answer people honestly so they don't feel ignored. Im 100% sure your heart and mind is in the right place but when you grow to quickly without the proper support lots of things fall through the cracks hurting your brand and reputation. Once those go...... JMO.

Tom can you link me to any post, or show me any electronic paperwork you've received from Pushkar that states there is no refund for founders.
I'd really like to see this, as I was under the impression that refunds would be given if any founder cancelled their order.

I highlighted the post for you regarding no refunds in the non-public founders forum.

TomD, I don’t know why you keep pushing this “no refund” position. It clearly doesn’t apply in this situation. You are starting to sound like Pushkar’s bag man.

To all the others trying to read into this situation, Pushkar was the victim of some real bold corporate theft that he was blindsided by and is trying to deal with. This is very unfortunate for the founders and they are rightly pissed of by it, but it hasn’t affected the rest of his business. Those ordering Hydras are getting them and seem to be very satisfied. Try to find a better bike at this price.

What are you talking about? Deacon blues asked me to highlight where the no refund language came from. I am not anyone's bag man and it's not my problem if you or anyone else had reading comprehension issues. You don't get to claim they don't apply just because things went south.

What are you talking about? Deacon blues asked me to highlight where the no refund language came from. I am not anyone's bag man and it's not my problem if you or anyone else had reading comprehension issues. You don't get to claim they don't apply just because things went south.
Of course I do. You are a dangerous wild man when it comes to the law, not to mention someone who strangely continues to push an interpretation against his own interests. You think if you buy something on Amazon that says no refunds but they just never ship it, you are out of luck. Sorry, that is not how contract law works.

I highlighted the post for you regarding no refunds in the non-public founders forum.
I never saw that, as I never got access to any private forum. My Helios order was made in November 2020, and I paid about $8700. I had some initial exchanges with Pushkar, but later emails have been completely ignored.

Covid demand means you buy a bike then parts get ordered, cancelled, or pushed out like buyers are still coping with...then Pushkar has to pivot and source alternatives, then he has to buy those parts, then he gets the same delays...it's a difficult and endless "no win" cycle.

Personally, I watch this board and was always on the fence about a Luna. But that company is so far behind in responses and their poor reputation (amongst technical issues with the X1 well documented on YouTube) make it a no-go for me.

There's simply no bike close to the Hydra, amiright? Name one that has the Archon's speed and battery efficiency? Name one full suspension eMTB you can buy today with a Kindernay? Name one with any IGH, thumb throttle, and I'll give you 20% flexibility to find a similar top speed and 20% more weight? Maybe...MAYBE you can argue Frey or Biktrix (no IGH though). Not to mention Pushkar's bikes look cool as f*** compared to others. These are the Internet's best kept secret.

Of course I do. You are a dangerous wild man when it comes to the law, not to mention someone who strangely continues to push an interpretation against his own interests. You think if you buy something on Amazon that says no refunds but they just never ship it, you are out of luck. Sorry, that is not how contract law works.
You think that it works in the interest of remaining founders to suggest that people file chargebacks for something they are not entitled to? That is what I was responding to. Good luck with your law degree.

Back