All's quiet on the WW front

Deacon Blues

Not much traffic on this site anymore. Where is everyone?
Anyone recently order or receive a Hydra? I'm wondering if Pushkar has any frames in stock to build new bikes.
He hasn't posted on this site for a long time. I can usually contact him via text messaging, but I've texted him three times over the last week and haven't received a reply.

I've noticed the same thing. I've heard nothing of the new frames for months. Maybe the dealer network is driving their business now?

I've not ridden my Hydra in months as I await the new frame. Been riding my R&M Superdelite.

Bruce (your first name?) what happened to your frame?
I'm still having problems with my Hydra's motor occasionally dropping the power output to zero. I'd like to do some adjusting with my Archon X1, via the cable, but for some reason (probably my screw-up) my password doesn't work and Pushkar hasn't responded to how I can get a new password, or reset everything and apply for a new password. I also have no idea how to get in contact with Archon.
I'm worried that this power drop-off is going to increase. The last thing I want to do is ride this bike home without power. The Hydra is a great bike, but light it is not.

I have to wonder what the heck is going on with Watts Wagons? Pushkar sent me some photos of the new Helios frames, but they look to be aluminum. I've asked him a couple of times about the frames, but haven't received a reply.

My frame started to show some cracks. Pushkar said he'd swap it with the new frame and that it wasn't structural and was still safe to ride. I ride it on trails and am just nervous that if something did happen while I was out in the middle of nowhere is be screwed. I've got another bike to ride, so I haven't been too concerned.

I dropped my bike off to get work done on it almost 3 weeks ago and is ready to pickup today. Earlier in the summer it was one day turn around. Gregg told me that local college kids ebikes have been keeping the repair shop quite busy and was up front about turn around time. So many different ebikes in there -I really wanted to point to every bike and ask - what's wrong with this one....Can't wait to get my Hydra back and have use of the back brake again. Always grateful for the support they have provided.

Local college kids ebikes......are these WW ebikes or different brands?
Bruce, if my Hydra showed cracks I wouldn't ride it either. Where did the cracks show up?

Local college kids ebikes......are these WW ebikes or different brands?
Bruce, if my Hydra showed cracks I wouldn't ride it either. Where did the cracks show up?
The down tube. They're circular in shape and in two places. I have no doubt Pushkar is right and that they're cosmetic, but again since I've got another bike I don't have any reason to chance it.

Bruce, I hope your bike's frame failure is a 'one-off'.
I certainly don't consider it a frame failure, it's not like it's totally cracked or through an entire section of the frame. I prefer the Superdelite for the road, and the Hydra on the trails. I've been sticking to the road and light trails just to be safe.

If it's cosmetic why would he swap out the frame?
Can you post up a pic?

Probably because of the other issues I had with the bike when I first got it and it's a customer service issue. I'm not going to get into publicly bashing Pushkar or take my issues to this forum. I originally purchased a Kindernay and one of the main reasons I originally bought the Hydra was because of the belt drive that was coming. Then COVID hit and threw everything into chaos. I don't blame Pushkar for Kindernay's issues and I don't blame him for the supply chain issues. I've got the belt drive and IGH on my other bike so I'm fine waiting for Pushkar to make good on his promises.

If the cracks are circular that sounds almost like just a paint-level defect to me, but @Leon S. Kennedy is correct, carbon fiber fails in a sudden brittle failure unlike metals which experience ductile failure (with deformation).

I 2nd that advise about carbon fiber failure being sudden and swift.
Back in the day ( early 90's ) I had my favorite crit bike that I always did well on and I discovered it had a small hairline crack back by the rear chain stay.
Team mechanic said not to ride it but did I listen, no.
Finish line was after a long downhill section with a couple of "S" turn right before the line and I was in the lead group and coming out of the last turn and about to push for the line when I felt something give and I beetered into the fencing area 50 yds from the line.
After I removed myself from the streamers and grabbed my bike to get out of the way of the bunch sprint I saw that the chain stay was completely broken in two on the drive side.

When that stuff goes it goes in a hurry, and this was on a specialized road bike.

I assume watts wagon knows what they are saying because the liability of telling someone it is safe is high. I assume that if there was any doubt about it being cosmetic only, that they would err on the side of caution.

Back